The engineer boots I am working on will me made with Horween horsehide with solid brass roller buckles. They are handmade by me. I am a bootmaker from Los Angeles, and I have been waiting to release these engineer boots since I began making boots. My mentor told me if I can make a boot I can make anything, and he was right. I perfected my craft to the point where I can make any type of shoes/boots, but my passion is boot making. I am ready to introduce to the world my boot company "Role Club." If you appreciate the role of quality goods I know you will appreciate the boots I will be releasing. I have resoled and deconstructed so many vintage engineer boots, I believe it has helped me produce the holy grail of all engineer boots.

Sounds great, I really want to see them now, do you have any prototypes you can post pictures of?

I know others on the forum have used Brian for resoles and other boot work, but I recently sent him a few pairs to work on as well. His work is top notch, speedy, and he genuinely shows a respect for the vintage pieces he works on.

I can't recommend him highly enough, and I plan on sending him plenty more work in the future (not to mention a pair of custom engineers when I save up the dough).

Some updates of  my Red Wing The 100th Anniversary #1909

tumblr_mx9qbtx8YC1t14nbjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mx9qbtx8YC1t14nbjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mx9qbtx8YC1t14nbjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxg6j6qNa11t14nbjo1_500.jpg

hello thinker,

1st of all happy new year, 2nd i love this thread & 3rd those beckman's are now stunning!

i've the #9011 and your re-sole job done are exactly what i've in mind for my beckman's when they'll be in need for resoling. i allready got the cat's paw heels but am in need for the half-soles, can you give me any advise where to get'em?

plz PM me. thanks & kind regards

Speaking of Beckmans, here are some older pics.

For half-soles, just ask around your local cobblers. He might have a bunch that he's itching to move. Otherwise you have to buy from re-sellers that mark up the price of the soles, due to it's rarity. There are 2 versions of half soles. The one that has the half cat design by Lucian Bernhard, and the other version on my pair with the whole arched cat.

beckman1.jpg

When New:

catspawRW.jpg

Now:

beckman3.jpg

Edited by coleslawyum

Sounds great, I really want to see them now, do you have any prototypes you can post pictures of?

Look forward to more details.

Can't wait to see these engineers and to get more details, Brain.

I will post the official sample when I receive the Horse Strips from Horween. It takes 16 weeks to receive the leather but it is very worth the wait.

Here are some close up shots of the small details

F5907016-784C-45EF-B5DD-B2F87C49ADE3_zps

78A351B3-0A5F-45EF-A2D7-DBCCFC751EDD_zps

You can see the shape of the last in this picture. I carved the last to what I believe is a perfect flat toe that will look appealing after wear. Every boot will be made to order so you will have an option if you would like specific measurements

FF576252-9DD1-4694-83F1-C0A53C753CCE_zps

Excuse all the scrap leather I used.

I know others on the forum have used Brian for resoles and other boot work, but I recently sent him a few pairs to work on as well. His work is top notch, speedy, and he genuinely shows a respect for the vintage pieces he works on. I can't recommend him highly enough, and I plan on sending him plenty more work in the future (not to mention a pair of custom engineers when I save up the dough).

Thank you for the compliments! I really enjoyed working on your boots. Especially the pair with the Catspaw. Sorry for repeating myself but those were really a nice pair of boots. I love the texture and feel of the leather that was used to make those boots.

I will post the official sample when I receive the Horse Strips from Horween. It takes 16 weeks to receive the leather but it is very worth the wait.

You can see the shape of the last in this picture. I carved the last to what I believe is a perfect flat toe that will look appealing after wear. Every boot will be made to order so you will have an option if you would like specific measurements

Very nice, is going to be a case of "any colour as long as it's brown", or is it just on this sample?

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place to have my redwings resolved in London or nearby?

I'm also toying with having them rebuilt in a different style other than the Christie sole.

Any suggestions?

I'm sure I've seen some redwings with alternative soles on before but can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance.

I can see this thread become my favorite thread soon easily

Brian; looking forward to your engineers; will u be crafting black horse leather version as well? how much will they cost about?

Really like the work you do, and love the look of these. Been trying to save some money for a pair of engineers, and these might be them. Looking forward to following this.

Very nice, is going to be a case of "any colour as long as it's brown", or is it just on this sample?

I can see this thread become my favorite thread soon easily Brian; looking forward to your engineers; will u be crafting black horse leather version as well? how much will they cost about?

I will release these boots in black and brown horsehide. I am still choosing two different colors that will be released in Steerhide. Once I gather all the best quality materials I can find then I will put the price. I believe that's how all things should work.

Really like the work you do, and love the look of these. Been trying to save some money for a pair of engineers, and these might be them. Looking forward to following this.

Thank you for your interest!

This pair of Redwing 8165 Resole is what I recently finished.

Before:

CD669807-91D2-4EBD-92FD-8E30BD26221A_zps

After:

8CC9C6F5-D503-425D-BA09-65B5A03967A8_zps

149295D2-0DC5-4BFC-8AE4-FF198269ED32_zps

B5313E48-9429-4D41-BD05-47A7124D00EE_zps

Have you experimented with the US Navy last (1938)? It's a good shape, a boot last with natural medial inflare.

I actually haven't. Would you have a picture of shoelast? I would love to check out the shape.

sweet thread. definitely will be resoling my red wing 3140s with a dr. sole 3070 when they need it, but that's still a ways off.

resoled some beeswax clarks with a vibram christy sole and it turned out pretty well, but they're probably not worthy of being displayed here and i don't have a photo on hand.

Edited by Rob060

^^ don't blame Brian for that. Haha. It was 100% my call. I respect your opinion, I like it though, you can't find an alden shell boot plain toe with any natural sole let alone one that thick. I really don't like the bubble toe of the trubalance last and I feel the flatter toe looks good.

Nice work Brian! I agree that the double sole, block heel on a pair of dress boots looks bobo. Single / commando would be an improvement, but if you really want the double sole, you could go with a double front, single mid and a half outsole. Also a slightly pitched heel looks better on a dress boot, instead of a block heel, like how St. Crispin's, Giziano, Corthay, etc. does it.

Been raining a lot here, so its time to clean up my Red Wing 2268:

Dirty Boot.

dirty1.jpg

dirty2.jpg

Clean Boot.

clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...