What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

^^Wasabi: Both jackets have just perfect fadings at the right places and super combs around the sleeves Go ahead, they'll turn out better and better

I've been going through my closet and found a whole lotta lee

DSCF0338.jpg

Just saw this very old post:

This is quite a bunch of Lee Storm Riders in your closet.

Are they the old styled 101-LJ ones?

Those are my favorite ones.

My current Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ is suffering more and more after getting close to the 6 year mark of constant wear.

It's not a repro. It's from the late 60-ies (Here together with my Denime contest jeans, which comes close to 2 year constant wear in a row

Pics are taken from a super great skitour on Heinzenberg 2100 m above sea level with a lot of nice snow powder:

DSC02321-red.jpg

DSC02370-red.jpg

DSC02369-red.jpg

DSC02351-red.jpg

DSC02346-red.jpg

DSC02342-red.jpg

DSC02380-red.jpg

DSC02391-red.jpg

DSC02379-red.jpg

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

continued:

DSC02360-red.jpg

DSC02337-red.jpg

Thanks Beatle and Kiya

I just love those stuff more and more everyday, although they're changing to pretty rough status I think.

But I still use the jacket together with my Denime contest jeans at my office work every day so far.

But of course I have to use the back entrance since a while and walk fast not to get killed from other office people

I think, someday I have to downgrade them as leisure or even as my work pants and jacket for the real bad and hard jobs out in the dirt

I even got an advice not to show up with those items on B&B in Berlin next week. I still think about this.....

I don't wanna end in a jail because of just wearing too rough clothes in this big town hahaha

BTW, I hope to meet some of you folks in Berlin

Thanks Ilvlagine

I just wear all my raw denim stuff just the regular common and slow cowboy way that means never washed or soaked:

Just constant daily wear for office work with riding my bicycle the whole year round to my office place, no matter if there is a lot of snow and ice or not.

And I'm also using them for outdoor activities like hiking, easy climbing, biking, skitouring and some work jobs but no heavy, dirty jobs yet.

It's still too early, to take them out for forest work.

Thanks

Yeah the jacket had seen many places around.

The first 45 years in the Rocky Mountain era worn just a very little bit from an unknown cowboy man.

For another 10 years in my closet and the last 6 years I'm constantly wearing it by myself.

It is still in unwashed raw condition and was just used a very few times by the previous owner.

He abandoned the jacket because of 5 holes on each sleeve from some distilled or car battery water

Bad accident for the jacket but good luck for me for a 5 Dollar buying on ebay around 1997.

The jacket have been on a scandinavian trip, on 2 trips to Germany, and countless hikings and bikings and skitourings beside daily wear at office work

During the break at the alpine hut I was without any shirt enjoying the warm sunny day on this skitour.

Just for taking the pics and for showing the jackets I have pulled on my 2 Lee denim jackets:

First a Lee 101-J repro unlined denim jacket (about 20 years old).

And then the Lee Storm Rider 101-LJ blanket lined denim jacket from the early sixties.

Here the proof at another pic that I'm just wearing the 2 denim jackets without any shirt and the two denim jackets visible on the next pic around the chest area, so no shirt. It's a second Lee jacket:

DSC02372-red.jpg

DSC02356-red.jpg

And here on top of the summit both jackets including a shirt because it was getting colder at 4 pm near sunset

DSC02393-red.jpg

And another hard story for me:

After 40 minutes of fantasic downhill skiing in deep powder snow back to my parents House my Denime pants had to swallow a lot of this powder snow.

So yes the lower part of my pants are not really dry anymore. I would say snow soaked!!!

Or they received a snow wash instead of a sea wash :D

It took me one hour to get the frozen pants back into normal unfrozen pants but the lower part turned from white frozen pants to in to wet pants!!!!

AAAAAhhhh!!!!! T

The lower leg parts are not really dry anymore, but what the f***, It's a part of their life now:

DSC02406-red.jpg

DSC02417-red.jpg

DSC02414-red.jpg

DSC02413-red.jpg

DSC02411-red.jpg

DSC02408-red.jpg

DSC02407-red.jpg

It took me over 24 hours till the thick denim around the cuffs was dry again. And the already stiff pants (on some areas from the strong patina) are now stiffer then ever like cardboard up to the knees.

I have to break them in again

But no worries, I'm just doing this now

More pics at the end of:

https://picasaweb.go...CMTApuH-_qLcIQ#

Oops: Sorry of spoiling this denim jacket thread just with some jeans pics

i have a question (about any of your denim). i remember that you said that you never presoak, so what happens when anything gets wet and shrinks? does the shit hit the fan or no problems?

Thanks folks for your comments

Yeah Mega said it the right way: I'm always wearing my stuff quite loose 1 or 2 sizes too big (waist 32 instead of 30).

So I never care if any raw denim stuff shrinkage after a rainfall, snow or what ever.

Such cold water or snow incidents doesn't effect shrinkage that much anyway.

It's usually just a part of the pants or denim jacket like legs, or shoulders or front side only, which gets wet.

So no problem for me wearing all my stuff never washed or presoaked untill I'm really done with them.

And then they can survive and rest in piece in the Jeansmuseum after a long and hard life.

They deserve it.

And it keeps the raw denim spirit alive for ever too.

At least for me

^^^and Shoreman: About me as a boxer: Hahaha, I know about this bad pic with my jaws, taken just with the camera in my own hands.

But no worries: With 1.75 meter / 5.74 Feet and 64 kg / 141 pounds weight I'm quite sure not a boxer styled type.

My top quality is running up long distances on steep high mountains.

On every blood donation I have to explain my low pulse andthey're wondering about my great blood quality.

And when I'm telling about my mountain races they are always telling me that this explains them all

Nice updates here with the gf Lee jacket and thinn finns dad jacket.

It's from the eigthies. On the inner side you can read the year of make if the white care label is still there

Really good buy deluxe. This Lee Storm Rider is about the same age like mine.

Except that my jacket has aged a little bit more over the last 6 years.

Those Storm Riders are my top favorites since 30 years. You can get great fadings on them if never washed

^ that's a deal!

Great steal deluxestyling, love the older Lee 101LJ's.

Another late 60's one here in the same size -

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item41618112a4

Really good buy deluxe. This Lee Storm Rider is about the same age like mine.

Except that my jacket has aged a little bit more over the last 6 years.

Those Storm Riders are my top favorites since 30 years. You can get great fadings on them if never washed

thanks guys.

On the look out for a type 1 or type 2 jacket from Samurai, Triple Works, Flat Head or SDA, looking for a used jacket, size 44 chest. PM me if anyone is selling.