What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Gardener Overalls- this one isn;t really a Jeans Jacket, but I think it belongs here. It's made by Gardener (in Japan) and I got it in Hong Kong a year or so ago. You button the flap inside across, and do the front up like normal, so it's sort of double breasted/single breasted. The front panels are pockets all the way down, and then theres another chest pocket on the outside. i really like the enamelled buttons:)

2983020695_b703c4ddd7.jpg

2983021853_252b20dd6b.jpg

2983021909_2274714a6b.jpg

2983021975_be3fa086c5.jpg

2983878332_2348eabb0f.jpg

2983878430_a4d014861e.jpg

2983022083_c3e576c187.jpg

Evisu Deluxe Silk Denim, worn about a year almost every day and washed pretty often, with matching jeans (full Texas tux;)), to see what the differences in fadng between a jacket and jeans would be:

2983875058_2253a41bce.jpg?v=0

2983018631_e46ac6c04a.jpg?v=0

2983878624_ef68693933.jpg?v=0

2983022821_5310d4a307.jpg?v=0

2983022215_12b43094c5.jpg?v=0

2983022255_521869bd11.jpg?v=0

2983022411_34fbf1aa3c.jpg?v=0

2983878912_1d1e6e5bfb.jpg?v=0

2983022541_b2c13a31cf.jpg?v=0

2983878746_bb4dcc979a.jpg?v=0

2983879214_4cb265bdcf.jpg?v=0

I really love this one, the detailling and overall shape are so nice, wish i could +rep you again.

Do you know if this model is still being sold?

I really love this one, the detailling and overall shape are so nice, wish i could +rep you again.

Do you know if this model is still being sold?

thanks a lot Mich:) much appreciated! Pretty sure it's not available any more unfortunately, but they do do some lovely stuff once in a while:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

so... the other day i was thinking to myself about how i could line my foremost jacket to make it warmer.... maybe blanket lined or something like that. yesterday, i stopped at the trift store and found a vintage ranchcraft jacket... same cut and styling, even the same yellowed snap bottons, in a lighter weight greycast selvage denim, quilted lined. pics coming soon.

^^^^Nice jackets RB! Did you have any trouble with the Evisu Type 2 jackets in terms of fitting? I tried on a few when I was at their Osaka store. Even though the body was real roomy (I tried a 42) the arm holes were so tiny that I felt I would rip the back of the jacket if I put my arms down. And that goes for most of their jackets even their raglan sleeve work jackets.

^^^^Nice jackets RB! Did you have any trouble with the Evisu Type 2 jackets in terms of fitting? I tried on a few when I was at their Osaka store. Even though the body was real roomy (I tried a 42) the arm holes were so tiny that I felt I would rip the back of the jacket if I put my arms down. And that goes for most of their jackets even their raglan sleeve work jackets.

thanks man:) I know what you mean about the Type II, although that fit works very well for me. mine's a 38, and the armholes are high, but I find that gives me a lot of freedom to move my arms, and the back fits bang on. The sleeves are quite long on me (i have quite short arms) but I roll the cuffs back.

I've tried on a genuine vintage levi's Type II (not LVC) and the fit was exactly the same, so I reckon it's pretty authentic

edit- incidentally, the fit's very similar on the Evisu Deluxe (non-japan) jacket

Brilliant thread guys! some great jackets here. Here are mine:

Evisu Deluxe Silk Denim,

edit- after a year, the jeans are pretty much done, and I've moved on, but the jacket still has a lot of life in it!

Man this one is truly beautiful wish I could rep And the other ones are pretty damn sweet too :)

same goes for Germany...:mad:

agree,thrifting in germany sucks,but sometimes even a blind chicken finds a corn:

in dezember 06 i went in small store in hamburg,it was stuffed with skate-punk-rockabillyclothes and in one corner they had some lvc items like a 44 501 marked down from € 199 to 50.-,frontpleated blouse from 299.- to 70.-,first blue jean 199.- to 40.- and a 47 501 199.- to 50.-.I took them all and the salesman forgot to count the jacket and one jeans ( he was buisy talking to some girl) so i payed € 100,- for all.

Bad for my karma,good for my bankaccount.

thanks for all the kind words guys :)

One just went on eBay Mich, the link was posted in the main Evisu thread. Pretty certain it was the same jacket...

I saw that link too. It's not quite the same, but very similar. The one I posted above is silk/cotton denim, unlined, and the one on the evisu thread is vegetable indigo cotton denim with cashmere lining. Actually I have both:o. I'll put up some pics of the lined one in a few weeks when I'm back home, if people want. I didn;t post it because I haven;t had time to put any proper wear into it yet. Both jackets (and the Evisu Deluxe jeans I posted in the evo thread) are single-needle stitched by one machinist

One just went on eBay Mich, the link was posted in the main Evisu thread. Pretty certain it was the same jacket...

Thanks for putting it to my attention mate, i had noticed the jacket already but i also think it was the all cotton version.

I'd prefer the silk denim jacket as it's more unique, and from hear say the denim is simply one of the nicest Evisu has ever released.

:eek: You have both RodeoBill?!

Please do not hesitate to post some pics of the other one too,

• 3 weeks later...

Very very nice, thanks for sharing RB, should be a pretty warm jacket with that wool lining.

So if i am correct, there are at least 3 different versions of the jacket, you own the unlined silk denim one and this one, and the other day i saw one on ebay made from all cotton denim without lining.

That's an interesting jacket, i wish i could see it in person, the denim looks really nice.

I've been wearing a Dry Bones Type III for a year now and for the first time ever i've put a slight bit of wear on a denim jacket... Unfortunately the new Type II Flat Head 3XXX denim jackets just showed up, i'm super tempted to switch to one of those for more "instant gratification".... what to do...

That's an interesting jacket, i wish i could see it in person, the denim looks really nice.

I've been wearing a Dry Bones Type III for a year now and for the first time ever i've put a slight bit of wear on a denim jacket... Unfortunately the new Type II Flat Head 3XXX denim jackets just showed up, i'm super tempted to switch to one of those for more "instant gratification".... what to do...

thanks Kiya.

it's difficult isn;t it! even relative to jeans, jackets are so slow to wear- I only have one (Evisu Deluxe silk denim) which I feel I've anything like done justice to, and there are so many out there to tempt you! I reckon I need a typeIII repro at some point... pics please!

Does anybody owns the first frontpleated blouse by lvc apart from cottonduck and ringring ( as featured in the denimgallery ).got mine in februar 07 and wearing it since then,not much visible as with most jackets but would like to compare the fit with others.as soon as time allows i will post pics of mine.

it's not exactly a 'jeans' jacket, but i think corduroy will do to.

i just had some thrifting luck, found this Big E levi's jacket for 10 euro. it's pretty filthy and it doens't fit me (i think this is a small, i guess i wear a medium in levi's jackets). i guess it's from the late '60s, am i right on this one?

bige1.jpg

bige-button.jpg

bige-tabje.jpg

bige-label.jpg