superconfessional

I know I'm pigeonholing your friend, but he sounds like a douchebag show off... without a credit card and/or the internet

But he's not, at least I don't think so. He loves clothes and has good taste. Unfortunately he sucks at math and that's why I'm helping him.

He treats clothes like art and not just fashion that's why I used the word admire.

It appears that I may end up doing absolutely nothing for my eighteenth birthday.

Kind of a downer.

join the club. dinner with 3/4 of your 5 person fam cause your dad has to work? boring as shit. especially since it was on a fucking weeknight. grats on 18 tho. haha. buy a lottery ticket and lose like me =/

what is that? considering it's a "he" and you are tempted to try it on, would it be a scarf?

lately i've been adding hot sauce to everything i eat. the weirdest combination so far is shell macaroni with spam. but it was delicious...probably cos of the hot sauce.

i also received this package yesterday and i'm really tempted to try it on but i'm helping a friend buy it and i knowwwwwwwww he would be mad cos he really loves his clothes.

but that's half the fun you know.

trying things on.

It appears that I may end up doing absolutely nothing for my eighteenth birthday.

Kind of a downer.

i didnt really do anything but have dinner with the fam on my 18th. the night before i went out. just get some friends together and go have dinner or something, its not such a tragedy. i didn't feel like i missed out or anything.

im older than you? i knew you were a teenager still, but still, that comes as a surprise.

Do you need math for your job or are you taking a college course after a break? You could probably do an adult ed class at a local highschool, if not then just take the one of the 100 level courses, it will come back quick. If you need it for work try to get them to pay for it.

find a good teacher.

im contemplating going in for my psych final since there are 4 tests total in the semester, the lowest grade is dropped. i didn't study. yes or nooooo?

If you are satisfied with your grades on the other 3 tests than the only reason I could see going is if you are a psych major and the teacher is dpt head or something.

i havent taken a math class for like two years how do i get good at it

Yeah, before last year I hadn't taken a math course in 3 years. I had to take one course last year and one this year for my uni's core requirements.

Luckily I had good teachers and did well with the material.

18th birthday is overrated

just hang out with the people you really enjoy

exactly what i did.

and i was very happy.

so i've got an article due to the town paper today. it can be turned in tomorrow, but my editor will give me a talking to.

i cannot think of anything to write about. ive done so much writing in the past couple months that my brain just can't think of anything pertinent to write about or interesting to me.

this is driving me insane. its pissing me off so much that i've got a migraine now and i keep having sneezing fits. this sucks.

ideas?

^That is interesting, I dont knw if it would belong in a town newspaper but that's real cool to know. I was but a wee child during the vinyl age

Do you need math for your job or are you taking a college course after a break? You could probably do an adult ed class at a local highschool, if not then just take the one of the 100 level courses, it will come back quick. If you need it for work try to get them to pay for it.

I've been taking all my easy general education classes in succession. I think I'll have a hard time when I'll be forced to take sciences, maths and harder classes in the same semester.

the resurgence of vinyl records thanks in part to companies offering free mp3 downloads with purchase of an album

i know i want to start buying some

:confused::confused::confused:

^That is interesting, I dont knw if it would belong in a town newspaper but that's real cool to know. I was but a wee child during the vinyl age

that is a good one. i'll ponder that.

gizmo, my last three articles have been sorta similar ideas, the first being about harry potter in relation to how my generation perceives the phenomena, the second was about radiohead's decision to release In Rainbows the way it did and the ramifications, and the last one was about the movie industry and how the strikes affect them as well as us. jay's idea isn't like more intellectual than im already writing, but i can see your point - what the hell do a bunch of teenagers know about vinyl.

maybe that could work

more ideas are welcome.

There are a lot of different things to talk about too. For instance, the main benefit of CD over vinyl is the portability factor, but in today's age of the iPod and even the iPhone, CDs are really that portable anymore. Also, many people prefer the analog music of vinyl as opposed to digital formats where the music is all 0's and 1's. CDs are also manufactured at very high noise levels, to make everything sound more pronounced.

Sorry, I don't mean to clutter up this thread. I was just reading up on this subject over the past couple days, and it has sparked an interest in me. My parents have a ton of old vinyl records that I always used to listen to. And, more recently, I've found a few great sites that sell vinyl at very competitive prices.

FatBeats.com - The Last Stop for Hip Hop

TURNTABLE LAB 04 ONLINE + NYC + LA

The Giant Peach

Anyway... you get my drift. Not sure if it would make a good local newspaper story or not, but it is interesting to see that vinyl may be the one format that lasts throughout the ages.

Not quite...although I do love scarves ;)

2108092732_9360f12179_m.jpg

2108092748_266752d468.jpg

Apparently my life has been completed two, three times :)

i can't make out what it is lol, my monitor colors are completely fucked up and make your photo look like a giant grey shade of knitwear not allowing me to understand any kinds of forms. sweater?

I just took the last mathematics exam I will ever have to take in my life.

i took my math final on monday yesterday and failed it, its so frustrating. i'll be able to retake it though, but math isnt for me. i cant study for it and dont pay attention to it, in reality, its insignificant to me but i know i need it and i cant seem to just study and take it all in. and if i dont pass a third time i get thrown out of my college.

im pretty much fucked.

confession: i told my parents i passed, i told them i'll be able to retake it to see if i can get a better grade.

FUCK!

CDs were available in 1982/83. You must be pretty old.

I don't know anything about music but my parents are old! They had a lot of that around the house, so I guess I thought it meant that was the time period when vinyl was in (I've lived under a rock). So you're right I am terribly wrong.