superconfessional

^ then dont ? wait for the sister ? lol

i haven't had any pussy for a while now... and it looks like she'll let me in

fuck both!!!

i am tending towards this option but both are really good friends (siblings from divorced parents) so they'll probably talk about it and a shitstorm might ensue

my roomate has huge knockers though her sister not so much.... lol what the fuck

Some of my friends that recently graduated (undergrad) are working in tutoring centers for $11 an hour. Countless others are unemployed. Wasn't the point of graduating from university to establish a career, and to learn the skills to think critically? The truth of the matter is, my friends have taken these jobs because having a job is better than none at all.

i fear this shit will happen to me (i'm in bus. school undergrad).

its funny how i will spend 4 years working towards getting a job at the end of it all, a job that i will most likely not enjoy.

"People work jobs they hate, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't love."

Wasn't the point of graduating from university to establish a career, and to learn the skills to think critically?

i fear this shit will happen to me (i'm in bus. school undergrad).

its funny how i will spend 4 years working towards getting a job at the end of it all, a job that i will most likely not enjoy.

Let's pause a moment and consider: how seriously are you preparing for a career? How seriously are you studying? azn8oi, the same question to your friends. People bemoan the lack of jobs for grads and how college is preparing them for a bleak future but I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say 90% of college students don't take college seriously. Are you reading every page you're assigned? Are you fighting for internships that will help your careers?

People in the top of their class will almost always get jobs. I'm generally unsympathetic to the newly graduated who say their can't find jobs since their GPA's are usual around 3.0 and they never tried to build their resume. Mediocre effort, mediocre results, shitty consequences. ALL of my friends who took school seriously got jobs immediately.

And no I'm not saying this as an "overacheiver." I got about 3.7 in undergrad but it was a BA in a humanities major without any internships. I got pretty shitty grades in grad school and a tangentially related internship. Through lots of tenacity and lots of luck I got a job. I just wouldn't expect sympathy from anyone if I didn't get a job.

at least all you are talking about real classes and real jobs. Almost every college kid I know is going to "art school" or studying to be in fashion merchandising, or wants to be a music producer. I'm always surprised to hear about parents paying $60,000 for some fantasy job.

some of what azn8oi said spoke to me. His scenario doesn't only apply to traditional worthless college degrees, it carries over to the most valuable undergraduate degrees like engineering. I'm on a MS path at an excellent school and my professors have expressed how this year has brought one of the largest graduate class sizes in decades. I don't think these people are training for a job that doesn't exist, but even with a top name and a masters or phd jobs wont just come to them.

Many of my buddies from undergrad (mechE) had a tough time landing jobs. Although, i tend to think some of that is to blame on their mormon inflexibility and unwillingness to leave utah.

got cheap-shotted at the bar last night, completely unprovoked. someone punched me in my glasses. i'm pretty fucking blind without glasses in the daylight (nearsighted/astigmatism concept), let alone in a dark and crowded bar, and was so stunned i couldn't even get a decent hit on the kid. i did manage to choke him for a bit. then i slipped in a fucking puddle, and the bouncers hauled him out and got rid of him while i looked for my (smashed) glasses. i also ended up losing my Wants tote that had my ipod in it.

the stuff that i lost/broke is replaceable, and im not even that mad that i got punched. the part that makes me the angriest is if he had just hit me on the jaw, or the head or something i would have been able to react better. who punches people in the fucking glasses?

This new yorker cover is so apropos

May2010.jpg

1. People who are "student of the week"—not of the month or the year, you'll notice, but just of the week—are now getting Ph.D's. Hahaha?

2. The Ph.D. seems to be of equal importance to the third place ribbon and the fourth-place trophy, but slightly less important than the poster of someone playing an electric guitar. Tee hee?

3. It's no longer simply undergraduates who can't find work who return home to the single beds of their early youth, but folks who have completed the most rigorous, disciplined programs that academia has to offer. Whoo-hoo!

4. The boy in the picture literally has his eyes closed. He's wearing a rather smug smile although there's no glee or pride in it. He's not looking toward his parents with appreciation or pride or embarrassment. It's not even that the degree is the achievement, but that he's simply mounting the diploma on the wall the way he would put up yet another third-place ribbon, that's important.There's a hammer on the floor next to his feet, implying that he just pounded the nail in. He's not even using a proper picture hanger. Like everything else, he's doing it half-assed. He didn't hang up his jacket. His luggage is one of those weird glorified backpacks with a handle on it. He's got a toy car on top of his bookcase because he probably doesn't have a real one parked in the driveway. He'll probably just use his parents' second car, if they have one. Giggle, giggle.

5. Ph.D.'s are kids, no matter what their age, and want to go home to Ma and Pa. They aren't grown-ups. What a knee-slapper.

yo who is this from?

i have a similar quote saved on my computer and i only remember that i saw it here like a year and a half ago

yo dawg i heard theres this new website called "google" where you can search stuff over the interwebs. pretty nifty huh?

took about 5 seconds to find out it was will smith.

Fuckkkkkk my life.

I hate seeing my friend and her boyfriend, I'm so jealous. I could have been with this girl, but I dated someone else and she found someone else. They both are good people, I hate myself for being upset. Highschool girls are so shady.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Fuck, my gf made me break up with her yesterday. I know that at least i did it first, my honor is safe and shit and plenty of fishs in the sea...

But fuck, i feel like shit and i'm mad at her for fainting away these last days and making me do that. Why are people coward?

sundays suck.

at least all you are talking about real classes and real jobs. Almost every college kid I know is going to "art school" or studying to be in fashion merchandising, or wants to be a music producer. I'm always surprised to hear about parents paying $60,000 for some fantasy job.

this always makes me laugh when people tell me their aspirations are in these kinds of fields.

I'm assuming a fifth is a bottle of whiskey? but no idea what a handle is. Either way, that;s a lot of drinking, when not out.

fifth = 750ml bottle

yep, usually whiskey.

handle = 1.75L bottle

a lot indeed.. but for the time-being it's down to 0. I've been sober for 18 days so far.

Fuck, my gf made me break up with her yesterday. I know that at least i did it first, my honor is safe and shit and plenty of fishs in the sea...

But fuck, i feel like shit and i'm mad at her for fainting away these last days and making me do that. Why are people coward?

sundays suck.

And now girl wanna see me to talk. I feel pretty much the forthcoming "everything was going too fast for me" epic quote.

Damn you, girls.