superconfessional

I give great fucking advice and I can't even follow it myself. Frustrating.

I swear this is the rule of men, a girlfriend asked me if dudes have d n m's and i said yeh but we never follow our own advice.

I was about to post about how miserable this past 1.5 years has been but then I remembered a bless hoodcloak and UC hood blazer arrive soon.

So this week my life is really happy and on track then. (3)

Incoming sufu missed connections canberra edition haha

Just watched Insidious and that shit has destroyed me. I love horror and have been watching it without any real scares for a while now, but this movie... I haven't been this scared because of a film in a long time.

I keep thinking about it... I can't sleep. This is so fucked up.

Fuck I think I'm gonna have to go buy this or something now.

I love the idea of detaching from American society and moving on to be an ex-pat in Costa Rica, or at the minimum figuring out how to be happy and live on less so I can travel and enjoy life...I dream about it regularly, fantasize about it even. The only thing honestly stopping me is all I know is the constant game of trying to catch up to the debt I keep incurring and the mirage-like apparition of "financial success", which honestly I'll never achieve because regardless of how much money I make, it'll never be enough to fund what I think will make me happy. For the time being I'll just keep buying things that make me happy in the short term and paying the minimum on my credit card bill. I'm sure I'll figure it all out after it's way too late.

you are living the american dream man :(

Just watched Insidious and that shit has destroyed me. I love horror and have been watching it without any real scares for a while now, but this movie... I haven't been this scared because of a film in a long time.

Really? I watched it on acid and it still sucked cawk.

There still hasn't been a movie that's genuinely frightened me other than The Exorcist, and I go way out of my way to try to be as scared or on edge as possible. The only thing I've seen that's really fucked with me and left me super uncomfortable is A Serbian Film. I'm even uncomfortable saying I watched it. Gonna go jump back in the shower now...ugh.

From time to time I get caught up in travel fantasies. My favorite is thinking about embracing the rural life of a tropical country, (a la WWOOF) as if all the anxiety of my life will evaporate through picking some weeds in a non english speaking country. When I read a excerpt of the essay "Self Reliance" by Ralph Waldo Emerson it revealed to me just how foolish travel fantasies are.

Traveling is a fool's paradise.

Our first journeys show us how little difference places make. At home I dream that at Naples, at Rome, I can be intoxicated with beauty and lose my sadness. I pack my bags, hug my friends, embark on the sea, and wake up in Naples, and there next to me is the cruel fact, the sad self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. I look for the Vatican and the palaces. I pretend to be intoxicated with sights and suggestions, but I am not intoxicated. My giant goes with me wherever I go.

I have no cranky objection to world travel for the purposes of art, of study, and goodwill, as long as the individual is first domesticated, or doesn't go abroad with the hope of finding something greater that what he knows. He who travels to be amused, or to get something he doesn't have within, travels away from himself, and gets old among old things while he's still young. In Thebes, in Palmyra, his will and mind have become as old and run-down as they have. He carries ruins to ruins.

There still hasn't been a movie that's genuinely frightened me other than The Exorcist, and I go way out of my way to try to be as scared or on edge as possible. The only thing I've seen that's really fucked with me and left me super uncomfortable is A Serbian Film. I'm even uncomfortable saying I watched it. Gonna go jump back in the shower now...ugh.
I thought A Serbian Film was pretty good. Uncomfortable at times, yes, but I thought it was awesome. Didn't scare me at all compared to Insidious or even The Exorcist.

i really really hate scary movies. i could probably count all the ones i've seen on one hand, but one of them is The Exorcist and i've probably seen it 20 times. at one point my best friend in high school and i could recite most of the lines from the movie. for some reason i was just not spooked by it.

damn i love me some horror movies. it's either a really good scare or a really good laugh. i just saw insidious again too and i still think that movie is hilarious from the first time i saw it. besides that though, i thought the movie was shot very well, along with the enjoyable soundtrack.

hey taro, don't tell me it was darth maul that had you spooked (8)

This morning I told my girlfriend I love her. Her response was that she wants to love me but is scared to (Her ex-husband and last boyfriend left her heart broken). She said she'd only had one other guy tell her that, and it scares her to hear it. She's the first woman I've ever said it to, and afterwards I thought to myself "well, she's had two more people tell her that they love her than I've had." Anyways, now I feel like a stupid fucking idiot, and wish I hadn't said anything.

fucked a girl I've been crushing on for 2 years like a couple weeks ago.

she is like a huge partier (gets shitfaced like every other day) and I am pretty much straight edge.

she gets pretty fucked up and is always around frat dudes that spend all their time trying to get her in bed. She kind of likes that attention. I wouldn't ever admit this to her but it kind of bothers me.

she is like a huge partier (gets shitfaced like every other day) and I am pretty much straight edge.

she gets pretty fucked up and is always around frat dudes that spend all their time trying to get her in bed. She kind of likes that attention. I wouldn't ever admit this to her but it kind of bothers me.

hate to say it, but i hope you're ready for some headaches with this girl. I went through a very similar situation with a girl who was a younger sister of a co-worker, huuuuge fuckin' party animal, and it ended up being a nightmare. i cared for her alot, but it took way too much effort to keep up with her when we were together, and way too much self restraint to not succumb to jealousy when i wasn't with her.

there's a distinct element of immaturity and carelessness that comes with a person big into the party scene, and without sounding too harsh on the girl, you'd probably be better off treating it as a fling.

damn i love me some horror movies. it's either a really good scare or a really good laugh. i just saw insidious again too and i still think that movie is hilarious from the first time i saw it. besides that though, i thought the movie was shot very well, along with the enjoyable soundtrack.

hey taro, don't tell me it was darth maul that had you spooked (8)

LOL darth maul was hilarious actually. Its the old lady that creeps me out the most.

This morning I told my girlfriend I love her. Her response was that she wants to love me but is scared to (Her ex-husband and last boyfriend left her heart broken). She said she'd only had one other guy tell her that, and it scares her to hear it. She's the first woman I've ever said it to, and afterwards I thought to myself "well, she's had two more people tell her that they love her than I've had." Anyways, now I feel like a stupid fucking idiot, and wish I hadn't said anything.

Play your cards don't fold em man

As Sleazy P said, the drama might not be worth it. I dated/fucked a couple chicks that were hardcore partiers. There were times where I wondered if I was bordering on date rape and had to back away (unless we were already fucking on a regular basis - then it was more of a judgement call).

Drink more water than you normally would for a few days and be sure to stay hydrated after that. (0). Return in a few days and report.

did this for a few days and it's gotten better, thanks. imma try and up my sleep hours, see if it helps more

I love the idea of detaching from American society and moving on to be an ex-pat in Costa Rica, or at the minimum figuring out how to be happy and live on less so I can travel and enjoy life...I dream about it regularly, fantasize about it even. The only thing honestly stopping me is all I know is the constant game of trying to catch up to the debt I keep incurring and the mirage-like apparition of "financial success", which honestly I'll never achieve because regardless of how much money I make, it'll never be enough to fund what I think will make me happy. For the time being I'll just keep buying things that make me happy in the short term and paying the minimum on my credit card bill. I'm sure I'll figure it all out after it's way too late.

I've started the exact opposite. Since my mom passed away in march, and basically now my dad has to sell our family house, when I go home, I start selling tons of shit I forgot I had. Made like 1200$ last week on ebay sales. Now I'm back in Cali, and plan on selling a lot of things here too. Only stuff that really is staying is music gear. I'm tired of being tied down because of "things" Moving way too many times in the past 10 years and the amount of shit you accumulate even when you start from scratch is appalling.

I just got back home after being away for six months and I am beyond broke. I want to go hunt for a job but I am going to visit my family at the beginning of August for two weeks making me a pretty undesirable candidate. This is the first time I haven't had a job since the age of 15 and it feels weird. It's nice to have a break from the responsibility but it's pretty difficult to match spending with earning (especially when earning = 0).