superconfessional

I was going to post in the psycho ex gf thread, but when my mind opened up to start to write about those experiences, I kinda got lost and could not make it fun at all, so I bailed.

Edited by AstroWolf

roommate made me a cool fake commes side zip wallet for my birthday, premium leather and white riri zip and shit. got paranoid it would get abused or stolen during my birthday party so i hid it but now i cant remember where i put it

I think I locked down a career change that would allow me to live 100% car free & comes w/ a 90 day a year vacation in which I'm allowed to file for unemployment!!! Plus, it would allow me to justify splurging on a custom built ti/cabron commuter folding bike to ride 20mi roundtrip from home to the train station 6 days a week.

I've got my fingers crossed like never before, not cause I need a better career but cause I really want to build up a new bicycle & go to Denmark & all those European countries where cycling is the only way of life during my vacation months!!

My confession: Cycling > Sex.

I hope ur folding bike looks cool...........

If ur gunna splurge on ti/carbon just get a bad ass road bike and make the whole commute

kudos on bike commuting tho, I'm about to do it again too

i'm getting crazy wanderlust

living in nyc is fun but i'm caught up in a whirlwind of bullshit here, spend too much time caring about acquiring new clothes and eating / drinking well. the dance and concert scenes here are great, the people i know here are great but where i'm at professionally i can't justify the cost of living because i could be doing what i'm doing currently pretty much anywhere else and i'd be a lot more financially dependent.

thinking about rochester and portland ME, there's a lot of appeal to both for me although they also both feel like very safe choices. open to suggestions..

I just saw a video uploaded to Facebook by one of my GF's coworkers he took of a woman burning to death in a vehicle fire. Seems like the kid kind of did what he could to help but she was trapped...but he uploaded the video to share anyway, audio and all of her blood curdling screams of terror and pain. Somehow it just hit me that there isn't anything left for me to enjoy on Facebook, I either get barraged with pyramid schemes, tasteless jokes about assassinating the president, or shit like this. Actually going to kill my FB, not sure if forever...hopefully forever, but at the minimum I gotta step away from this bullshit for a while. I figure I have IG, which I think is way more enjoyable anyways, so I don't see what I'd be missing other than a monumental waste of time and frustration with idiots.

^damn. I still use Facebook for events as my "friends" won't tell me anything good.

Finally found out why I have a insatiable crush on short haired beezies. Jamie Lee Curtis...True Lies was where it all began. Rewatched Trading Places last night and it all made since. Jerked off like six times later that night, those breast were so perfect. Didn't even get masturbate guilt...

I just saw a video uploaded to Facebook by one of my GF's coworkers he took of a woman burning to death in a vehicle fire. Seems like the kid kind of did what he could to help but she was trapped...but he uploaded the video to share anyway, audio and all of her blood curdling screams of terror and pain.

How could you consider filming and sharing something like that? That is disgustingly inappropriate.

Have you considered unfollowing these really annoying posters? That might be an easier method than deleting fb (not that I'm some kind of facebook sycophant, get rid of that shit if you want). I only get updates from about a third of my facebook friends for similar reasons

Just got rejected from a $10,000 grant because of an extremely minor technicality: they don't allow student films to be submitted as reference but because I made my demo reel film WHILE I was a student, though completely independent, they're disregarding my application -- and have no appeal process.

They don't officially announce recipients for four months, so I'm going to hold off telling my crew and just move on to the next possibility. :(

Just got rejected from a $10,000 grant because of an extremely minor technicality: they don't allow student films to be submitted as reference but because I made my demo reel film WHILE I was a student, though completely independent, they're disregarding my application -- and have no appeal process.

They don't officially announce recipients for four months, so I'm going to hold off telling my crew and just move on to the next possibility. :(

govt/public university grant? how is there no public administrative appeal process as in Australia/other Cth nations? write to an ombudsman/minister/appeal to an established commission or tribunal. you should at least be able to get merits review, if not judicial review - whether or not there's an internal appeal mechanism or not (in fact if there's no internal mechanism then it's more likely you'll be granted leave to appeal judicially)

seriously, even if you just write, email, call and berate the hell out of them - find or come up with a decent legal definition of a "student film" (ask a lawyer friend/a lawyer?) - it's not a student film because it was not made with university funding etc etc. if you kick up enough of a fuss they'll likely at least look at your case again.

if they're a public body then there's NEVER no appeal process. if they're private then you can still berate them into going over your application again. or write to an ombudsman or industry watchdog and ask what you can do...

edit: don't give up :)

Edited by philosophiliac