Show us your leather

aleopold

Opposed to importing US Cow Hide the Japanese tend to use there own native Horsehide which seams to be in surplus due to it being a by product of the ice cream industry.

RawHorsefleshIceCreamBasashiaisu.jpg

You have not lived until you have tasted Basashi the rare delicacy of raw horse flesh icecream.

Wow, I've seen horse sashimi and love 抹茶 icecream but have never came across this. Is it sweet? Or is more savoury like this ice cream that I remember was sold in England many years ago "breakfast flavour" containing ham and eggs, I think.

Basashi (sashimi) is quite palatable in taste, the texture can be too chewy at times meaning you hold it in your mouth for longer than you would like,

The icecream is an acquired taste, Creamy at first with a strong unpleasant aftertaste. I would not try again.

Never actually seen the "breakfast icecream" i should concentrate on my own native cuisine a little more in future.

Further incomprehensible flavour combinations can be found here.. http://www.who-sucks.com/food/101-frightening-ice-cream-flavors-from-around-the-world

Man you guys are fucking crazy! Horsehide belt, boots, wallet and jacket. Conditioned in mustang paste riding a stallion to the horse flavored ice cream shop.You notice on the way that some of the maccoroni on you kids art project fell off so you use horse based glue to put it back on. When you get home to the ranch you use your horsehair brush to clean your boots up before using your horsebone back scratcher.

ok that last one was reaching, and i should probably avoid typing "horsebone" in the future to avoid staying off any lists.

I try to make this(keeping my pipe).overall ,im quite happy with my diy ..with different leather..its best to used saddle leather. instead of this hard plywood kinda characteristic sole leather, but i love it, my pouch is like a hard case.

Photo1353.jpgPhoto1354.jpgPhoto1363.jpgPhoto1365.jpgPhoto1366.jpgPhoto1367.jpgPhoto1368.jpgPhoto1370.jpgUntitled-36.jpg

sorry a bit drag. :cheers:

Edited by spidereye

I try to make this(keeping my pipe).overall ,im quite happy with my diy :pirat: ..with different leather..its best to used sadle leather. instead of this hard plywood kinda characteristic sole leather, but i love it, my pouch is like a hard case.

sorry a bit drag. :cheers:

Bad ass dude. I'm a fan of hard leather cases.

Surely, the good people here won't mind helping someone decide on a good belt.

Been thinking of getting either Hollow's Leather Prem. Japanese belt or Equus's Winchester Bridle belt. Now I love the look of the Winchester belt but me being an American, the shipping costs and dollar conversion makes it out to be around $112. At that price, I'm thinking Hollow's Leather might be the better buy. Now my question would be, how substantial is the difference in leather between these two belts? Because if it's negligible I think I'm going to take a chance with English Leather then...

@ALB

Been wearing Equus belt for nearly a year, I can say for sure that you will not be disappointed if you purchased one, quality speaks for itself.

But just as you pointed out, the shipping and conversion cost is a killer.

Going with Hollow would be a good option.

Edited by redragon

I believe either option will be a great choice. But just to chime in, you might want to look at Terry Dear's Quercus belt too. I believe the leather used is the same as Equus's. In fact I believe it was his Quercus project with mike that sparked off this whole 12 months oak bark tanned leather craze before Equus came into the sufu radar. The best part is his pricing is incredibly modest for the quality that he offers.

Edited by lazybum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My red moon short wallet

8535767829_b2c9599945.jpg

photo by jgomez541, on Flickr

8536874384_03123d4f10.jpg

8536875080_99d6dd562c.jpg

I've had it for a couple of years and used it everyday. tried cleaning it a couple times but the indigo is there to stay plus whatever overdye they use on the iron heart jeans

Pigskin French club chair from the forties. Great condition, was even lighter when I got ite36e798f0ebc6fccd12cb526983e0469_zps2b5cae4e.jpg