Show us your leather

aleopold

haha, I know I'll get this question from you, Mike :)

Unfortunately, I dont have the answer too, but I'll make it a point to ask the supplier when we see them next trip.

The Brazilian leathers we got are generally thicker and mainly for belts making.

This premium leathers are equivalent standards of Hermann Oak grade A tooling leathers. I'd like to test run these before going further on supplies.

Thanks James, looking forward to your evo pics and review!

As promised..more clear image for this wallet.Any body can tell if its tooled or carved,previous issue shell cordovan or horse hide.If this new image could help.

Nice wallet, but Iooking at the grain I don't think it's cordovan nor horsehide.

I'm thinking about ordering a midlength and rein, and I think I've settled on the OGL Guard Angel. Does anyone have one of these? The pics on the OGL site don't show the interior. Also,what does the wait time on these usually run? I want this for vacation in late June/early July.

PMed with pics :)

PIC_1642.jpg

indigo stains

3 month wear.

I think the only part that looks like horsehide would be the brown leather lining at the wallet fold/hinge. Nevertheless, that is a beautiful lookin wallet.

@Thanks for rep..so its a cow hide then.Busted ,salesman told me its cordovan,naah anyway like it .R.switch envy your vest.

@Yeah its clear now,thanks mikecch.

@obbigood .nice collection.wow that belt is so fukin dope.verry thick 15oz?.love the buckle classic look.

Yeah, 7 weeks is absurd though. Tanner Goods took 2 weeks tops for a bifold wallet.

Please remember Tanner is a multiple person company, and their wallets are machine sewn. No excuse for a 7 week wait though, something's gotta be wrong there.

To whoever was waiting 7 weeks, please pm me here- with the Japan fundraiser things have been wild the last two months, I'll get you all settled. Thanks for the support dudes!

Please remember Tanner is a multiple person company, and their wallets are machine sewn. No excuse for a 7 week wait though, something's gotta be wrong there.

To whoever was waiting 7 weeks, please pm me here- with the Japan fundraiser things have been wild the last two months, I'll get you all settled. Thanks for the support dudes!

Oh. Explanation I guess. haha. I sure hope my belt comes soon -_-

20 days and counting

yep- 1700 packages sent out in the last 5 weeks and $32,000 raised/donated selling a simple leather bracelet :)

regarding the belt leather- I'm the only one in the country that uses it, my tannery imports it just for me from Mexico because no tanneries in the US make it. So sometimes the wait is because I'm restocking- when they have to get it imported, then send it to me, it takes a little while to get over the border. However, that wait results in being able to keep prices low and all that good stuff for a nice quality 14/15oz belt, so I've always said it's worth it! I was totally flooded with belt orders this month, so I had to have more imported- 4 hides coming tonight, and I'll have 55 belts made and shipped this weekend into next week!

hey corter thanks for responding to our posts. It's nice to have direct reassurance. Just so you know, I wasn't complaining...I understand it must be difficult to hammer out so many custom orders, especially at that unbeatable price like you said.

...so don't spit on my belt or anything..

hey corter thanks for responding to our posts. It's nice to have direct reassurance. Just so you know, I wasn't complaining...I understand it must be difficult to hammer out so many custom orders, especially at that unbeatable price like you said.

...so don't spit on my belt or anything..

hahahaha. pretty sure his name is Eric Heins?

And yea thanks for responding. Can't wait till mine gets here.

Actually I have a few questions I emailed you, but here they are:

Your last email told me you shipped my belt last monday, I don't know whether or not I'm have supposed to received it yet, but what shipping service do you use? I live in an apartment complex, so based no ups,fedex, or usps, I have to get it in a different way, and only one of them gives me notifications.

Also, tracking number?

not a problem at all guys. Oxy- No worries mate, no hard feelings. I understand in this day and age wanting that instant gratification of ordering and receiving something in a week's time, it's an interesting juxtaposition with leatherwork. wanting something handmade to arrive in a few days so it can be worn for years is an interesting situation.

Actually I have a few questions I emailed you, but here they are:

Your last email told me you shipped my belt last monday, I don't know whether or not I'm have supposed to received it yet, but what shipping service do you use? I live in an apartment complex, so based no ups,fedex, or usps, I have to get it in a different way, and only one of them gives me notifications.

Also, tracking number?

Ok, here you go. First, just read the FAQ's on the site- they'll explain the shipping. I don't want to put specific business in the thread, so just pm or email me and I'll get you all the answers you want tonight.

^ You bought a single belt loop?

This is a problem with naming that I have, he bought one of these (this exact one, I believe):

5633346752_450783b4a6.jpg

Open to suggestions for better names.

In fact, I'm open to suggestions for better names for everything I make, they've all got some pretty stupid names. Except George and Marcus, those names are genius.