Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been brought up...but, this thread is so huge!....I have a Corter bi-fold..had it for about 9 months. One side is blue/black and the other side is a nice yellow/orangish color. The darker side is obviously indigo. I'm not unfamiliar with the effect, but i cannot get it to come off/out. I had this wallet in my back pocket of some Lee's that i picked up for work so i sweated quite a bit. I've tried saddle soap and sponge. Is there any other product or technique that i can try to get the back side to look at great as the front?

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been brought up...but, this thread is so huge!....I have a Corter bi-fold..had it for about 9 months. One side is blue/black and the other side is a nice yellow/orangish color. The darker side is obviously indigo. I'm not unfamiliar with the effect, but i cannot get it to come off/out. I had this wallet in my back pocket of some Lee's that i picked up for work so i sweated quite a bit. I've tried saddle soap and sponge. Is there any other product or technique that i can try to get the back side to look at great as the front?

Thanks!

I've seen some pretty stunning results from saddle soap, but it may be that your wallet either just has too much indigo, or it was allowed to soak in for too long.

You can probably prevent it from getting much worse by using the saddle soap every couple of months, though.

Also, if you keep the clean leather oiled, the indigo will have less chance to really get into the leather.

dscf4839.jpg

dscf4842w.jpg

dscf4841p.jpg

dscf4843c.jpg

corter wallet... a little over a year maybe? i forget.

dscf4834w.jpg

dscf4835g.jpg

samurai key thing... since december 07 i think?

dscf4836y.jpg

dscf4837u.jpg

dscf4838d.jpg

change pouch... made from a vintage pair of shell cordovan shoes, the waxed shoelace from the shoe, and hardware from ande whall or tg... cant remember that either.

This isn't the ideal thread to ask this, but it's driving me nuts... a couple months ago i found someone on ebay who was regularly selling key/wallet-rein hooks similar to this flathead one:

7cf8fe0b09639506b91463d92b269581.image.160x213.jpg

for around $15-20. And now I can NOT find it. Anyone know who the seller is?

I have that ebay seller (or a similar one) bookmarked on my mac at home. Ill. Send it to you when I get out of work. Supposedly its all hand made in japan it of the finest leather blah blah (insert marketing ploy here)

I have that ebay seller (or a similar one) bookmarked on my mac at home. Ill. Send it to you when I get out of work. Supposedly its all hand made in japan it of the finest leather blah blah (insert marketing ploy here)

SWEET. Looking forward to this.

SWEET. Looking forward to this.

Well I have looked for about an hour and I cant find anything. I looked on both laptops and cant seem to come up with it. Sorry for the letdown. If and when I come across is again ill make sure I let everyone know.