Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

pre-oiled hollows leather bracelet: 4362066264_b674f25b93.jpg

worn for a couple months.

leather 3sixteen patch: 4361325167_23d62c2c0d.jpg

post oiled leather bracelet and patch: 4366368229_bd8b37690f.jpg

That RedMoon bag is awesome! I have to get pics of mine up one of these days! I've been using the smaller one for over 3 years and I have an unopened larger one (the one pictured above) that's waiting to be broken in when the smaller one goes.

i just made myself a few trinkets, i'll post pics when i have more time. just discovered this thread, it's superb. found a new home. does anyone have any experience with tandy leather company? they have a store in town that has everything in their catalog. the lady at the store told me they supply leather to japanese companies on a regular basis, so i wanna know how their stuff stacks up...i just had them make me a belt, untanned saddle leather(same color as redmoon belt), should evo nicely. i massaged a good bit of shea butter into the leather, and left the belt overnight. in the morning i used a clean white cloth to remove any haze. the leather didn't darken that much, it just doesn't look like human flesh anymore. i sprinkled water on it, and the shea kept the water from staining as easily. the man from tandy warned me against using shea on untanned saddle leather, but i'm african so fuck that. we've been using shea on all types of skin for centuries, if it ain't broke don't fix it. we'll see how it works out in comparison to the ''professional quality,recommended leather protectants''. i also made two ''tom thumb coin-purses, one out of the untanned saddle leather, and one out of leather and black fullcount denim(taken from denim at the hem, for maximum darkness, it looks raw black). i wear them both at the same time, so it will be fun to see how they both evo. i got a untanned saddle leather waist pouch, so it will evo too. welcome to the leather evo club salaam...now i look like a black who went to take5 and got lost. damn you sufu!

ps. indigo stains are dope. maybe if the stains get dark enough they will fade too. ha!

i just made myself a few trinkets, i'll post pics when i have more time. just discovered this thread, it's superb. found a new home. does anyone have any experience with tandy leather company? they have a store in town that has everything in their catalog. the lady at the store told me they supply leather to japanese companies on a regular basis, so i wanna know how their stuff stacks up...i just had them make me a belt, untanned saddle leather(same color as redmoon belt), should evo nicely. i massaged a good bit of shea butter into the leather, and left the belt overnight. in the morning i used a clean white cloth to remove any haze. the leather didn't darken that much, it just doesn't look like human flesh anymore. i sprinkled water on it, and the shea kept the water from staining as easily. the man from tandy warned me against using shea on untanned saddle leather, but i'm african so fuck that. we've been using shea on all types of skin for centuries, if it ain't broke don't fix it. we'll see how it works out in comparison to the ''professional quality,recommended leather protectants''. i also made two ''tom thumb coin-purses, one out of the untanned saddle leather, and one out of leather and black fullcount denim(taken from denim at the hem, for maximum darkness, it looks raw black). i wear them both at the same time, so it will be fun to see how they both evo. i got a untanned saddle leather waist pouch, so it will evo too. welcome to the leather evo club salaam...now i look like a black who went to take5 and got lost. damn you sufu!

ps. indigo stains are dope. maybe if the stains get dark enough they will fade too. ha!

I have a belt that I made from leather purchased there, its about 2 years old at current, on and off wear. I can post pics if desired I guess. It really just looks like any other tan colored leather after wear. One though I have though, is that the leather I got was decent quality, but I found that the leather was a bit dry to start, I'd advise to repeat the shea application/conditioning process a few times before heavy wear. It won't affect the color that much, but if its like mine, it will help the grain and prevent surface cracking; once you get a conditioning in the leather, it lasts for a while.

They've been punished all winter long ( sorry for the iphone quality pics), and holding up just fine. Just buffed them up today for the second time, and really love the definition of the creases. Using "penguin leather lotion" I bought at a local shoe store, it works fine, but I'm planning on buying some Obenauf's when I get the chance.

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Question, got this coach wallet as a present. Wondering how to age it nicely, if thats even possible. I know mink oil is used on wallets, but is this wallet capable of aging like the other wallets on this thread. ( sorry I'm still new to all this leather business)

IMG_0236.jpg