ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Great stuff.

Had a fun weeked, older sister got married and it was a great time with family. A few too many Jack and gingers means a lost phone and no documentation. Fortunately I don't have to be back at work until Thursday, this is shaping up to be a multi-day hangover.

Great stuff simon.

Haven't worn my pair in a week or two, honestly just too tight. Okis have taken their place, and while they're equally tight in the waist the Okis have a much roomier top block. It's amazing/frightening what a desk job and the slowing metabolism of your mid 20's can do to your waistline.

Monthly update

7 months

(1 handwash, 2 soaks)

iWBLz6ktYf2Yb.JPG

i5lFcSixDRp8B.JPG

ifBv4i9HCTBqF.JPG

ibxq6Ec2UESMW1.JPG

ibq3fDeVhRS3vx.JPG

Mysterious loose thread near the crotch, the rest of the stitching still looks intact though...

iCEXPF9sdQ8L2.JPG

ibjk1dF1aHtmOa.JPG

ibwGm9NYuTufE9.JPG

Tough to get accurate colors on this fabric.....

Edited by redragon

the slowing metabolism of your mid 20's can do to your waistline.

I wish I could tell you it will get better with age :D

ibq3fDeVhRS3vx.JPG

Mysterious loose thread near the crotch, the rest of the stitching still looks intact though...

I have to give my threads a close look too. Haven't noticed anything major yet. The first damage I noticed on my other pair was dissolving thread along the hem.

really love this pair...i'll try to get pics up soon (didn't take anything touristy in DC)! my patch is starting to brown out and the roping is amazing.

btw, anyone peep that #78 denim posted by Hiro on the Ooe Facebook? one of my favorite fabrics by them considering those and the "grandpa" faded pair

I have to give my threads a close look too. Haven't noticed anything major yet. The first damage I noticed on my other pair was dissolving thread along the hem.

The damage is on the inside, thats why the top stitch has pulled through. You need to get this sorted ASAP.

The damage is on the inside, thats why the top stitch has pulled through. You need to get this sorted ASAP.

Hm, I do have a spool of repair thread that was sent with them. It is probably time to hit up satchelbmoore for access to the BlackBlue chainstitcher.

went to "Fat Rice" the other day...It's supposedly a Macanese restaurant, and I've been meaning to visit...Luckily we had a party of 3 and were able to try lots of food (lighting was off, but as a note I only use my iphone camera since I don't have a real one!):

8615677494_538a3c30b1_z.jpg

8614570247_840d5d6791_z.jpg

8615677268_4c12c18913_z.jpg

8615677154_0033730763_z.jpg

8615677024_5b3f18188a_z.jpg

8614569729_eae4d26300_z.jpg

8614569611_cd76c1f361_z.jpg

8615676676_cbc7d89cc6_z.jpg

easter weekend in Washington DC (I didn't get a chance to take touristy pics for the contest but next time I'll try to get some monuments at least haha)

8614569395_7f3fb9968e_z.jpg

the cherry blossoms were almost in bloom...I peeped these from the airport window

8615676348_4002dea422_z.jpg

our hotel in alexandria was connected to the Brabo Tasting Room (a favorite of my uncle's who used to take us often)...I can't say no to mussels and tarts...best part is soaking bread in that white whine garlic sauce

8615676220_ec875bfff2_z.jpg

8614568847_103a9585cd_z.jpg

lots of shops, antiques, etc. in old town alexandria...didn't get a good shot of king street however

8614568423_98f8056403_z.jpg

and a view of the DC metro system

8614568661_e801e8219f_z.jpg

back in chicago, I gave the jeans a wash...My phone camera doesn't capture the color right but they've gotten grainy and I love the contrast between the dark and whitened/worn down knees/thighs. tracks are coming in slightly as well...

8615677652_b0f2ac92d6_z.jpg

As we sit here at the 7 month mark, the contest will get a lot more interesting...the 6-7 month mark is when things seem to always take off...looking forward to seeing everyone's pairs! mapz, you still out there riding your bike every day?

Great pic of the metro, brings back some memories of riding it when I was younger. I used to pester any family member I could to take me to the Air and Space museum when I would be up that way visiting my Mom's family. Food looks incredible, as always.

Honestly didn't even know they opened a second, companion building. Really cool. You learn something new everyday, I'll have to check that out.

The next time you fly into Dulles you should swing by my Uncle's BBQ restaurant just a few miles away and get some food pics up. [/shamelessfamilyplug]

iXZdduZckp6am.JPG

Historic icon of the city, had been around for ~90 years...

iboiq6RdE0pVwr.JPG

iERREWEFnMo37.JPG

ixDjybmrq7G18.JPG

Allied forces walking past...

i5ph7L1MmzYD4.JPG

Looking better and better....

ibvGzsYHSQ2UnR.JPG

Some of the cakes served, most of the desserts were influenced by the Dutch.

irkySUUOG7g72.JPG

Edited by redragon

red, I MUST visit! there's nothing better than local specialties, cooked locally with local ingredients by local people who've done nothing but cooked their local foods locally all their lives...

Corrected for you aho, in case anyone missed the gist ;)