ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Ah, I see the cuff wear on a second look now, Aho.  Yeah, no worries there, it's gonna happen with cuffs anyway, no matter what.

The new photobucket is killing me...what the shit.  Any recommendations on good hosts?

Updates look great all around.  SLAB is just killing it!  Outstanding.

Here are some for May

ooemayf_zps9f9cd454.jpg

ooemayb_zps3e690f64.jpg

The cuff repair is cheesy but never seen.  It's the most effective thing I've tried as far as shoring up damage and holding the cuff crease well.  Other methods seem to add too much bulk of thread or fabric.  I suppose a schedule of true darning repairs would really be the way to go.

Edited by jyoni

a couple of pictures just keep things updated.

2137123eb53611e2850422000a1f9a85_7_zps59

57389b1eb53611e2a73b22000aa80571_7_zpsb1

the indigo is still dark, since i only am able to wear my pair on the weekends.

but little by little, i believe i am making progress.

also, i am planning to make another visit to Ooe's studio at the end of this month.

thinking of ordering a pair made from OAXX fabric.

still contemplating the details, but for sure not making an ordinary five pocket jeans.

lets see how things go...

Wandered down to a little street fair after work last weekend. Ate some funnel cake and took a year off my life.

Here's some pelicans waiting for some grub of their own on the fishing pier.

20130427_195215.jpg

Fireworks on the beach wrapped up the night.

20130427_203846_LLS.jpg

Beer weight would kill my fit too.  The waist is stretched to the max and has no more to give.

Ignaurus, I can't remember anything about your pockets.  Is that random or is there stitching inside to produce those fades?  They're really nice looking.

Too many beers. I thought with the way I sized I accommodated for that scenario, not the case unfortunately.

Beer weight would kill my fit too.  The waist is stretched to the max and has no more to give.

Yeah, that makes sense. I encountered the same problem with my 02s -- after I gained a few lbs, the waist ceased being comfortable, even after considerable stretching. Which is unfortunate, because the rest of the fit is pretty much spot-on. I've been meaning to order a another pair but haven't gotten around to it. 

just a warning, i saw jyoni's jeans today. they had about 1/4" of sheet rock dust caked on them but they were gorgeous.

apologies for the lack of updates...been on instagram lately (@ahonobaka) so i haven't been uploading to flickr as much etc. I was in NYC for a wedding but didn't get a chance to take many pictures, although I hit up BiG as always! LA/Seattle Trip in two weeks...I'll have more opps to take pictures then!

8761141310_0ee61bcdfd_z.jpg

8760012533_5cd11ddd5e_z.jpg

Beautiful updates guys.  These jeans get such intense train tracks.  I agree with ignaurus, these are great for heat.  This is my third year spoiling myself with lighter jeans...it will be tough to go heavier this winter.

Satchel, it was fun stopping in.  It was Jordan's idea to come by ravaged by a day's work.  It's funny, as he's grown he's evolved into complex door systems and I went deep into fine finish...and here we are working together for the first time in years...on brutal fucking walls lol.

just missed that but yeah it's been in the 80's/90's and I'm comfortable in my ooe's...this is the perfect weight/thickness for me! when I was at BiG I was struck by how thick/constricting other fabrics felt. Not sure I can wear anything else after this! :o

Edited by aho

I know, we'll all have to get our heads together soon on some lighter weight offerings.

As I mention the train tracks, I'm struck by other unique qualities and phases.  The weight seemed pretty average at first but the fabric becomes very breezy and light.  Still, I have yet to tear them, bust a knee, or see a hole, except for cuff drag and that thigh rip which was done by sharp metal, not wear.  They were probably the hairiest denim I've ever had and now there is none.  Simon must keep his hands in his pockets alot because it's only recently that I've had to repair anything due to thread failure.  The threads are starting to fail a bit here and there but wow it's been several months running on cotton thread!  It's an interesting pair and I'm glad I got in.

some updates...

got on a bullet train to go to nagoya station.

e750f150c4d711e292c922000a1fb771_7_zpsb6

and changed to meitetsu line...

got to OOE's studio

1ed99236c51d11e28b6c22000a1f8db8_7_zpsfe

Hiro took a picture of Ryo and myself.

Ryo in the left hand twill OA-XX, and myself in the contest pair.

970305_330384783754599_513253707_n_zps0e

i ordered a pair with OA fabric, the very last pair to be made out of the first lot of OA fabric.

expecting to receive the pair at the end of this year, or by Jan next year.

and according to Ryo, there will no more production of 91 and 92 fabric.

I once again had a great time at their studio, and hope to make another visit some time soon this year.

p.s. had a delicious meal before my departure.

8ffa7150c5b411e2b62422000a1fcd8b_7_zpsc5