ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Nice photos! I really like the lingerie-store parrot with the pvc perch, haha.

I had to accompany my wife to work this morning and sat down on some portion bags of cabbage she had in her passenger seat. It had frozen and gone bad, so now I have cabbage ass. I need to soak -- minimum -- maybe another wash.

I also missed a good photo op. She runs a Famous Dave's and made me a 5 am brisket sandwich fresh out of the smoker, all barky chunks. It's an interesting business she's in and I should have grabbed some pics.

Thanks guys. Our oldest cat is an ice cold killer, he could probably take down a small deer or something (nah, just kidding).

Jyoni, you've got my mouth watering. Growing up in NC I'm a fiend for pulled pork but a sliced brisket sandwich with all the fat and bark left on just can't be beat. If I had a dream job it would be in the BBQ business. My uncle has had success opening up a couple places beginning in the 90's and most recently opened one up with my Dad. I helped my Dad out and worked there on and off for the first couple years it was open and we were fortunate enough to get a spot on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives not long ago. Here's my Dad coming out as a gigantic Wu-Tang fan on national TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc0lAoBBjBc

Your dad's got some fine lookin' bbq, ignaurus. I'd love to try that turkey sandwich too...damn that looks tasty. As far as I know, there's only one joint in the twin cities who does the cider vinegar school of bbq really really well, Ted Cook's. Ted Cook's and Famous Dave's are the best in town imo, and it's our good luck that their styles are totally different.

Is that a Southern Pride your dad has smokin'?

Edited by jyoni

I... can't remember. I want to say yes but it's been a while since I've been in there unfortunately. There's a couple good places where I am but they're strictly Eastern NC, some variety would be nice - at the least a place that does Texas sliced brisket well.

Wow!! Thanks you guys! I havnt really worn them too hard, but i really love them and enjoy them alot! I will defenitly wear them harder now when the spring comes out!

Flash: I have done nothing to the patch, no fat or treatment its just sweat and grime on it, but the leather ages fine as hell!

And the best of all is the streaky denim... it kind of reminds me of of fullcounts grainy or streaky kind of fabric,

I have not owned a pair of fullcount but i think they look kind of similar...

img2077da.jpg

very nice Jacoblue! Did you have your pair washed after the initial soak/wash? They still have that almost fluorescent blue fading that is typical with unwashed denim.

8439432944_162d0119e3_z.jpg

8438345981_c517a0a72f_z.jpg

8438345591_67e60acfc1_z.jpg

8438344915_5255b29b76_z.jpg

wanted to buy these but cash only!

8439431298_496e233c17_z.jpg

but by far the coolest part was chatting with the guys from acorn...they were so geeked out on plants and plant culture, it couldn't help but remind me of denim head's and all of our obsessions...much respect to them! their passion and knowledge was infectious

8439430008_341529c9af_z.jpg

8438343055_9e365c039a_z.jpg

walked away with these cool guys

8438345167_5ce50c6635_z.jpg

8439463320_3dc5d4bf2f_z.jpg

stairwell

8438344455_04fb951a5d_z.jpg

i know i need to update a fit pic or two..

but i had to repair my pair just about 5 months into this contest.

i happened to punch a hole in my back pocket

1efe02de6ae011e2a8b522000a9f3cba_7_zps7aab6ea5.jpg

so i went out to get some items to repair it.

this is what i got.

78851ae86dda11e2a97a22000a9f18aa_7_zps4b7d4b7a.jpg

it has been since junior high school that i did some needlework.

but i ended up with this, and pretty satisfied with the outcome.

7e8211366de311e2ab9622000a9f1423_7_zpsedc90a75.jpg

i know the color of the thread is pretty light, but as the indigo fades away

i believe it will blend in.

besides the hole on my pocket, the chain stitch in the crotch area has broke..

03df773e6a2311e29b1a22000a1fb711_7_zpse6fc6424.jpg

for this, i have no idea how to repair it by myself

i might take my pair to a denim doctor and have it repaired there.

Also, i will be visiting ooe on the 15th of this month.

i will update the details once my trip is over.

What an great post Aho!

SLAB: yea your denim vision is correct, have not gotten around to wash em quite yet, i liked the roomy fit and felt like not washing them for a couple of months so they have not touched water more then in some rainy weather ;)

Nothing new to report with the jeans. Yesterday I took a trip to Construction Junction (http://www.constructionjunction.org/). They salvage used building materials and keep the costs as low as possible. I go every once in awhile to see if they have any interesting items, and yesterday I was looking for something to use as storage. I stumbled across this:

8441926668_057fc1a0cc_z.jpg

I wanted the shorter set of lockers, but they wanted $200. That's about $125 more than I wanted to pay. Didn't take any other pics, but they had lots of old sinks, fixtures, doors, etc. that would would be nice to use when I actually get into a house and out of an apartment. But that's for later down the road.

I've been drinking this lately:

8440832343_0499aa4d17_z.jpg

This is actually my favorite drink at the moment. I'm fond of whiskeys, and their 10 year single malt is very good.

In other news, today is Super Bowl Sunday. For the non-Americans in the contest, this is basically the biggest reason to drink, eat and watch TV all year. This year's contest pits brother against brother and should be quite entertaining.

fuuuuuuuuuuck i've been crazy busy. but still rocking the jeans almost everyday. digging everyone's updates. anyway, my work had this artist draw amusing caricatures of us with a pokemon of our choosing. here's mine. i thought ryo and hiro would get a kick out of this. i was wearing the ooes when my picture taken for the artist:

PshzJs6l.jpg

check those fades, and those serious double cuffz.

....but yeah, real updates forthcoming, haha.

Chinese New Year is around the corner in this part of the world (and in ChinaTown around the world)

Had the chance to go down to the Chinatown here this morning to walk around and bask in the atmosphere...

iZb5JZcLhPnkl.JPG

ibc1t7Xy6V1Ox2.JPG

iSMC2fN2yeILk.JPG

There is wet market that sells exotic food like...sea cucumber

ibsCrRxxRZBner.JPG

and frogs for consumption

iO1E8j2ljYiUu.JPG

The main and oldest temple here is a short walk away...

idPe5QqPTAVyb.JPG

iw2Ko8woOZyrZ.JPG

iPRmMnglFCck6.JPG

Human-sized candle to be lit at midnight tonight to start the New Year

ibskxy0B7asy9W.JPG

ibdmRpfZSCzUfd.JPG

Some pretty amazing lighting inside!

ibcObNsECkeHOI.JPG

A short walk away, encountered a curious katholic church lay out in the style of Chinese temple

iwMuVgvWhFYcu.JPG

Inside is pretty standard white space, too dark to take any good photos.

ibcwFdM1ounGr0.JPG

Another small temple along the walk, very nice and private feel...

iWhfFLgpLxzVe.JPG

ixaIjDL0qJROt.JPG

ibhOA0n1u3Gf0e.JPG

More traditional market shots

ibk5ajhX7Si3d0.JPG

Kue Keranjang (basket cake) made from red sugar, sticky and sweet, served only during Chinese New Year

ibcySuJM9oy3Br.JPG

iVM9uWI7G3M4h.JPG

iltQbum2IUxMZ.JPG