Taking a break from posting the trips pics in place of some evo pics @ 4 months

ibghvX4rDkJ4Ig.JPG

ibkpFoJLRVbWkI.JPG

ibmgbWC6ViykIA.JPG

iSKgI71kDAVG7.JPG

Backpocket really taking the beating

iDVHC95Us3GwJ.JPG

ibkppIZMsEqAht.JPG

Front might not look much but under the sunlight can see some fades going on already :)

Cheers!

Edited by redragon

^

Its a pleasure... :)

Now onto Osaka, 1st night

iYXPXu2rGh8AE.JPG

More train ride, really thankful that Japan's public transport is really easy...

ib0s8OmCzcy1kz.JPG

Target reached

icH4s9gzsI8T7.JPG

Hitting the street for some food!

ibyGTSOs1diRVg.JPG

The famous crab of Sinsaibashi

(The Glico man is very hard to get a decent shot :( )

i6XvrAyTSSbt8.JPG

Okonomiyaki in the making

iuyjmKxMMBuEq.JPG

You cannot get wrong with more Mayo

iPRsScFBdtR1p.JPG

:)

Cheers!

I've just noticed that the stitching has started to blow between the legs on my pair. This is quite common with 100% cotton thread, but if you don't catch it, it can run as its a chain stitch.8359389892_d3344af8a3_z.jpg

8358325787_693092faf7_z.jpg

So I've sewn over the original stitching in the effected area. Hopefully this should hold for a bit, I've used 100% cotton again, to match the original.

8359446844_5a25c1f615_z.jpg

Done using a Singer 201K

8359406580_f23333570b_z.jpg

While I'm in repair mode, I've darned up the heal bite as I don't want to loose the original hem.

8358341395_460cae5428_z.jpg

8359405032_1dcba7b9f9_z.jpg

Edited by --simon--

I have been swamped at work lately, so I haven't been getting out much. I've only been wearing the jeans nights and weekends, but I'm still surprised at how these are already crocking. Here's a few macro shots just to contribute.

The yoke is starting to pucker quite a bit after the first hot wash.

8360224996_f6a6fd27ec_z.jpg

Rivets starting to make their mark on the back pockets.

8360224396_87de6087b1_z.jpg

The whiskers are much more "set" in real life, but here's an idea of how they currently look.

8360223812_b4c7ccd247_z.jpg

Buttons starting to show.

8360222966_58358d2762_z.jpg

8360222300_cd8d61fdc4_z.jpg

8360221930_b0f95317e7_z.jpg

I love the wear on the patch, especially how the red ink for my name is fading away quicker than the blue ink. It's also looking pretty good despite a hot wash and full dryer cycle. I thought for sure that would kill it.

8359158535_1f477223ab_z.jpg

The pocket bags are by far my favorite part of my pair.

8359158263_2cf45f2d64_z.jpg

There is so much detail in this fabric, and the blue dyed portions may be indigo based on some early color loss.

8360220784_803e03a758_z.jpg

Also, kudos to everyone on the updates so far. I especially loved Redragon's Japan pics. I've never been, but it's pretty clear I need to get there.

^

Thank you

Its an awesome place to visit...!

@simon

great job on patching the troubled area!

Unravelling pretty fast eh?

Hopefully mine will stay strong as long as possible....

Into last part...

ic4Al0UB7G0q1.JPG

Got to Tokyo and hit the street of Shibuya crossing

iApUyXCjCLuPs.JPG

The crossing is pretty crazy place, too much people crossing at once

iAovBYB9po8Ay.JPG

ibihAAzpgJqh6r.JPG

Rice inside Omelette (Omu-rice) some of the best Japan fusion dish.

ibvHoqruWCnVHv.JPG

inAVImUcKgrej.JPG

View of the crossing from Starbucks (which only sold Tall size to discourage people sitting for too long)

inlcHsRFrbPLS.JPG

What it used to look like....

Edited by redragon

ibvDbkx5cwuBn.JPG

The other outfit: Red Cloud Chore Jacket with Ooe

ibhf3gHk8ZxFFH.JPG

Salvation Army performing on the street of Ginza

iKrmyxaVB5xgS.JPG

Ginza @ night on the 31st

ibx9KyHmbPN9u8.JPG

Pretty cool light by Bulgari building (this is the reflection of the light)

ibdVaJ2YJ72xIp.JPG

This is what it looks like

itajgGAftbxM5.JPG

ibwc093NbdX0Ct.JPG

Edited by redragon

iskw3sGMGp9CK.JPG

Wander around into this store...

imJOtzZhZ7AjI.JPG

Hint: definitely not coffee

ibrynp11NZM2Mq.JPG

ib1kNiA8ytrNMc.JPG

new year dinner ;)

(Pretty confused where to dine for new year...)

ibonNSRwkK9BPm.JPG

First sunrise of 2013

ibf6EEHFAd2mZt.JPG

Train to Narita Airport and back home....

And thats the end...

Thank you for your attention guys!

:)

Cheers!

well, those pictures are really tempting me to visit Japan again since my wife and kids will be staying at family this summer. My wife was quick to point out that with the price of my plane ticket she could bring me back mucho denimz. I feel really conflicted haha

Cell photo dump...

Last Sunday was one of the biggest days for me in recent years as fan of pro football, things didn't turn out as I had hoped though. There were many more empty bottles on the coffee table by game's end.

20130106_170035.jpg

Doing some shopping, about as close as I'll be to Asia any time soon.

20130110_145550.jpg

And made a trip to the beach early in the morning with my girlfriend and dog.

20130110_072206.jpg

20130110_073102.jpg

I've lived relatively close to the ocean for the majority of my life and have never once spotted a shell of this kind is such perfect condition. Totally complete all the way around.

20130110_073825.jpg

It looks like my jeans will be in need of a similar repair as the kind Simon did pretty soon, I'm probably coming up on another wash in the next week or so as well.

Edited by Ignaurus

So I take it you're a Redskins fan? Where do you stand on Shanahan not taking RGIII out when he was clearly, to anyone with working eyeballs, limping like his leg was going to fall off?

I think it's insane. He risks the future of his franchise to win one game, even though he likely couldn't play next week if they won anyway. I hope, for the sake of good football, that he fully recovers by week one of next year.

first of all this thread is one of my favorite things to look at over the past few weeks. So thank you all for making my work day easier!

second of all shanahan was so dumb to not pull RG3. Cousins could have handled the rest of the game after the two initial TDs and RG3 becoming obviously hurting.

I hope football doesnt derail this thread (even though I just added to the derailment...)

So I take it you're a Redskins fan? Where do you stand on Shanahan not taking RGIII out when he was clearly, to anyone with working eyeballs, limping like his leg was going to fall off?

I think it's insane. He risks the future of his franchise to win one game, even though he likely couldn't play next week if they won anyway. I hope, for the sake of good football, that he fully recovers by week one of next year.

Yeah, just like you said, the risk Shanahan took pretty much had no upside. What bothers me more than anything is that if you are going to keep RG3 in, just keep running the ball. Morris should have finished that game with well above 25+ carries, the fact that he only had 18 is ridiculous. Yes, Seattle's defense tightened up after the first quarter, they were one starting O-linemen down with Lichtensteiger out, and with RG3 hurt the read-option wasn't going to be as effective to get Morris yards but still, everything considered, you've gotta keep getting Morris the ball. Over the past three years I have been willing to give the entire organization the benefit of the doubt, be it with larger scale personnel decisions or more specific in-game decisions, they lost me on Sunday though. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery. Thread officially derailed.

Agreed, he's run the ball so well all year long and they were up 14 in about five minutes. It made no sense.

I think Shanahan may be an idiot. I mean his winning percentage with Elway and RGIII under center is like .750, and with anyone else it's like .250. Having a phenomenal QB does not make you a good coach.

I feel bad for Redskins fans. You've had years of garbage, and now you have possibly the next great QB, but will the organization handle him properly and surround him with some talent?

I could talk about this for far too log so I'll stop now rather than going on forever.

Oh god don't even remind me of that winning percentage, it's worried me since before he was hired. It definitely leads to some doubts about him as a coach but I feel pretty good about the entire staff in Washington right now. The coaching staff has a clear idea of what they want to do and they finally began executing it fairly well this year on both sides of the ball. The front office has totally turned around the personnel side of things too. Out of the 50+ players cut over the past three years only Carlos Rogers and Laron Landry are starting on another team (they might actually be the only players on a roster period) so I do feel confident they can surround RG3 with talent. Dan Snyder has retreated into the shadows and that makes me happier than anything.

Alright, sorry dudes, all done. Back to denim.