ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Took a walk into Belfast city center today , had to go to tje bank and renew my house insurance (boring i know )

20121026_103017.jpg

Ive been thinking about getting a pair or redwings for winter but i just cant seem to get a pair that i feel comfortable in , realy liked these but i just cant get used to wearing boots outside of work .

20121026_104345.jpg

And a fit pic

20121026_104420-1.jpg

Real McCoys ballpark sweat

Joe McCoy tee

Ooe contest jeans

Vans

Edited by Flash

Flash, is it a style problem with the Red Wings, or is it more like that individual variance between pairs, where none seem to feel quite right?

The U.S. market now has the 875 available off-the-shelf with a layer of cork in the sole, like the Centennials had. That was supposed to be a special thing particular to Centennials, but oh well. It looks great so I'm glad it's out there to be had.

Have you been wearing yours to work jyoni ?

Fading pretty fast

I think its because im pretty slim and kind of short ( 5 foot 7 ) and they just look huge on my feet , but it could just be that im used to wearing vans

Edited by Flash

Yep, every pair is a jean for work. The only ones I ever had to stop wearing for work were Skulls cos of the weak threads, and those cheap One-Stars with that zipper fly.

I was worried these Ooe's might already be a little jacked. I've been doing a steel siding job, catching alot of ferrous powder spray on them. I thought it would rust to shit, but the galvanizing of the product was done really well so it all washed out.

Ah man, oil's a killer. Same with polyurethane caulks, silicones, red chalk (same ferrous deal), and fireblock products. The guys in my network clown the shit out of me because they know all they have to do is leave that stuff sitting somewhere...and I'll freeze in fear lol. What do you do? Mechanic?

You could try gt's or maybe try hunting down some of those brogues (good luck with that though).

Edited by jyoni

i build diesel generators, so i guess it is kind of a mechanic

I realy like the crepe sole and the gt's dont come with that ( at least i dont think soo)

I think i mite go for the 6" round toe , thanks for the info mate im not realy clued up on boots

Nor am I. I know about what I like, that's about it :)

Hrm, some super narrow ones might do the trick, if the width sizing is as broadly available worldwide. Also, don't take this the wrong way, but some time back I got my wife some 875s out of the womens' sizing. The sole was definitely slighter looking on her pair. Those are long-dead, wish I could get a photo.

as promised, update from recent trip

touchdown and get 3-hr lunch here, no photos no notes, just good food

IMG_1757-1.jpg

spend sometime in MoMA

IMG_1759-2.jpg

IMG_1775-3.jpg

chow at Italian place...

octopus+potato+garlic

IMG_1830-4.jpg

pork belly+cabbage

IMG_1831-5.jpg

pasta+boar sauce

IMG_1832-6.jpg

doughnut plant bench, the crew chow down all donuts before photo ops

IMG_1970-14.jpg

another museum session

IMG_1838-7.jpg

best part of submarine, reactor controller

IMG_1882-9.jpg

Edited by rkusmant

part deux

more deck photos

IMG_1897-11.jpg

IMG_1913-12.jpg

IMG_1920-13.jpg

spotted pig, decent burger and too-tiny fries

IMG_1973-15.jpg

fried poached egg, definitely first time for me

IMG_1974-16.jpg

michelin man hidden hear the kitchen door

IMG_1976-17.jpg

snoop the fake dogg

IMG_2005-23.jpg

times square

IMG_2018-24.jpg

getting ready to return from Flushing aka China

IMG_1992-22.jpg

Edited by rkusmant

Well at this early stage in the contest your not gonna see alot of "evo" so me personaly i welcome the pics of people's trips and days out . Would be a pretty boring thread if all you got was pics of new jeans for the first few months

i'll have an update soon; wife starts complaining that the jeans are becoming smelly so will give them a wash one month before schedule.

pictures to follow