lets see what you've got.

partytaco

• 3 weeks later...

FOund myself a place to keep more or less everything in the local junk shop.

abox.jpg

There's a pair of old Carhartts and 617 I only found after taking these pics, plus a few more pairs of Lees, but otherwise this is everything. Less a few jackets, and I haven't bothered showing the new pairs. .

insidethebox.jpg

Some hightlights. Euro 601 orange tag, lovely cheap OE denim. Lynn Downey thought these were vintage (they didn't do them in the US at the time). RED Type 1 in back.

601andtype1.jpg

THese are now sitting at the bottom of the chest. On top are two pairs of harndly-worn Lee I've had a few years (bought up a several when they stopped produciton, sold a few, kept two). On top of them are two more Lees - my current work pants, on the left, and one of the first Sanforized Euro reissues, on the right. Had loads of these (posted the pix several times), this is the last of my old ones.

olderlees.jpg

On top of those go another pair of new Riders, plus LVC 47. I left out my 20s 201 and recent 47 501 as I need to make some space and pay some bills. Next comes my favourite 501 - the 555 '55, as found by pomata. THanks Al, these are beautiful, really dark and smokey denim, all hairy, made with short-staple cotton I guess. Check out the weird coin pocket shape. Once I've sold my 201, these will be the last new pair I have that were made in the old Valencia St factory.

s55555.jpg

IN the next layer comes my 47 and 55 LVC. These still get wear time.

worn55and47.jpg

On top are the two jeans that are next in the schedule and should see me thru till next spring. 1890s 501, nice lightwieght,inky black denim for the summer, perfect with sandals. And the 30s Edwin-made Lee cowboy jeans. Beautiful denim and detailing. Look great with my 30s LVC biker jacket. I like the high rise - keep yer back warm in the winter. Like all these pics, these are a lot darker in real life.

28886636.jpg

Top layer. On the right are my 1920s 201 - nine months in, will probably take another nine months before they show real wear. On the left my 1901, a few years' summer wear and fading in nicely. I'm hoping the 1890 will look just as good when worn in. I like the way these vintage fits give you more general wear, fewer whiskers, more lap fades.

1901s.jpg

No vis on the SDa 103, cos I'm wearing them.

So now I know what I rescue from the house after the family and the guitars if it catches fire...

Deniminthebox.jpg

Yeah!!!! Somebody who actually wears his jeans.

He's not talking about a real "thrift" store, where you find little gems for dirt cheap. He is most likely talking about a store where the owner knows exactly what he/she is selling and the purchaser still pays a hefty sum of money. There is nothing "thrift" about that.

He's not talking about a real "thrift" store, where you find little gems for dirt cheap. He is most likely talking about a store where the owner knows exactly what he/she is selling and the purchaser still pays a hefty sum of money. There is nothing "thrift" about that.

Well, you're kind of right. I should have said "resale" shops, although judging by the prices, I don't think the owners ever knew exactly what they had- for example I got the Zipangs from a from a shop in NY. They were marked as 45rpms and looked to be unworn, for $135. When I got to the cashier he looked at me and said "ahh.. lets make it $100". The best though, are the Warehouse- I found them in 2004 at a buffalo exchange in San Diego, nearly unworn, for $15- with tab and pocket arcuates. Who knows how they got there...

That's still not bad. Good pick ups. I would almost assume you would never find that kind of stuff in a US thrift store, or resale joint.

jp:

dscf6078t.jpg

sda 103, evisu no 1 2000

usa made:

dscf6077i.jpg

top row: vintage wrangler, selvage late 90s levis, vintage overalls

bottom row: lvc 33(think they are usa...i tore the inside tag out when i got em cause it wasnt authentic.... i dont know...) the infamous cmf homme, which is actually early 2000s rrl, modified by me, and chanistitched throughout by gordon, and sugar cane 66.

dscf6079.jpg

and jackets...

top: little e levis, big e levis

bottom: vintage wrangler(step fathers in highschool, or so he says), vintage penny's foremost.

sorry for the flash pics.

• 1 month later...

got bored today, decided to get some pictures.

_MG_2313.jpg

_MG_2317.jpg

_MG_2316.jpg

_MG_2315.jpg

edit: (TOP PICTURE)

top: nudie slim jim (18 months of wear), skull 5010xx 6x6 (7 months of wear), APC new cure (26 months of wear)

bottom L to R: imperial duke (worn twice), PBJ xx-011 (brand new), warehouse 660 (got them off supermarket, worn a few times by previous user), self-edge R.J.B 66BSPBK (got them off supermarket as well, worn a couple of times by previous owner)

the wh660s and the RJBs were good deals which were too good to pass on and the imperials are on sale now. i dont rotate and only wear one pair at a time so its gonna take a while.

@ranonranonorat: That's a pretty incredible freaking post. Great lineup. What's the listing of the jeans? I can tell brands, and deduce the models but it'd be great to have a readout. :-)

@ranonranonorat: That's a pretty incredible freaking post. Great lineup. What's the listing of the jeans? I can tell brands, and deduce the models but it'd be great to have a readout. :-)

edited, thanks for highlighting that out. : )

nice nudies/skulls/apcs ;)

what model / fabric nudies are those?

working on the pbj next? :P

those are nudie slim jim dry from probably around 4 years back. i dont wear them anymore because they're too short for me now, they were my first pair of raw denim and i've gotten hooked ever since. we all know the drill.

probably working on the eternal contest jeans next for 2 years before going back to my skulls till i get sick of them. haha, 1 pair at a time!

• 2 months later...