Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Very nice happy, I wanted to get the vintage indy's from leather soul but my size was sold out...

You could probably order them, but the wait is 6 months...

I wore them yesterday for the first time and they fit perfect, felt perfect and I think I'll resole my originals when it's time with some cat paws as the Ultimates don't have that "slap" when you walk from the crape sole hitting the pavement...

i was thinking the same thing. I'm more interested in the jump boots rather than the service shoe. the jump boots seem to be made by corcoran(i remember reading someone mention that fact on this thread), and if that is true then I'm sure the quality will be great. does on here have a pair of jump boots from wwii impressions? its hard to beat the price too.

theres also this store on ebay. they're in singapore which leads me to believe there is some sort of scam going on. the heel indicates production by corcoran but that could easily be a forgery. also a very enticing price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360117759997&Category=36046&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

the ones here with zippers are not jump boots, but service boots... there is a difference between the two. just an fwi....

Corcoran used to make brown Jump boots, I'm not sure they still do though.

Corcorans used to be able to be picked up new for about 110.00 US but I don't know if surplus places still sell them...

ebay has an informative buyers guide on jump boots.

http://reviews.ebay.com/JUMP-BOOTS-What-is-and-isn-apos-t_W0QQugidZ10000000008147849

apparently those boots are russet boots developed after wwii and were issued to anyone in the armed forces.

this was the cheapest i could find new issue jump boots ( theyre made like the real jump boots from wwii ) http://www.american-armynavy.com/Boot-Corcoran1510final.htm

listed as $118, i've never purchased anything from them and cannot vouch for their service.

well, mine are herman military boots. and mainly because of the reason i mentioned in the previous page, i haven't been wearing them at all. so sorry, no updates.

but i have been wearing red wing GTs lately. very casual and easy to wear.

btw, nice new shoes in this page guys. :cool:

Hi Familyman,

In theory, we’re armed only for defensive purposes. We fly over what is called FATA, the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, which have long governed themselves under ancient tribal codes. The Government has never been particularly welcome, so potshots are not unusual. (There’s room for long discussion here of how our gov’t generally misunderstands the extent to which the national gov’t can come in and order the tribals around, particularly now that we have, shall we say, miscreants in the areas.) But, we’re hunting the poppy fields. Those tribal groups making the big $ don’t particularly want to be found. Thus, the hardware.

I don’t know why we were so loaded for bear on Tues. We doubled up on guns and the belts were loaded on each ship. In the end, it was a peaceful day of flying both high and low. I’m really sad that this was my last flight. Sigh.

Kohistan-b.jpg

Gotta run to work. Will chat more about the boots later.

I am slowly working my way through this whole thread, but I wanted to draw attention to these old posts by LeicaLad. Really cool to read about all his adventures in pakistan and to see the photos of the Himalayas.

To keep this post shoe-related, so far I've seen no mention of Florsheim, which is surprising. They've been around forever, are a US-made company, make excellent leather goods, and are widely available. Anyone own any?

Blm14:

Florsheims have been mentioned. Modern Florsheims are made in India if I'm not mistaken...

Vintage Florsheims are the tops.. V-Cleat and all!

Of course Nettletons are pretty nice too....

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1218480&postcount=8566

Yeah. India.

I picked up a brand new pair a while ago for super cheap (goodwill store) and although they looked nice in some ways, they were the most uncomfortable and ugly feeling shoes I have ever worn. Converse are more comfortable than the pair I tried. The leathers they use on their

soles now are total crap.

If you find vintage ones scoop em up though.

They were previously made in the same way aldens were. Don't know what the heck happened to them.

Well, shucks! I’m touched to see an old photo of mine pop up. Thank you, blm14!

I haven’t been contributing much, as life has been a bit more boring since I left Pakistan. Most of that program is shut down due to the increased hostilities, including the AK-47 dusting of the house across the small lane from my old place.

I’ve been quiet, just because I haven’t had much to contribute. But I’ve been keeping up when I could.

Mostly, I’ve been back in SE Asia where it was just toooo hot to wear either jeans, boots or even shoes of any kind. In June and July, I did relief work in Burma/Myanmar after Cyclone Nargis. Here are my “shoes that get better with age†during that stretch. The muck was so deep and incredibly sticky that NO shoes could be worn. They’d just get sucked off your feet.. or you didn’t move. (Don’t get me started on what a f*cked up but wonderful place that is!)

FootShoesMud.jpg

There were chopper rides, but these WFP choppers are bigger than the old Huey babies we had in Talibanistan. Plus, we couldn’t fly hanging out of open doors, so it wasn’t nearly the fun.

WFPchopper.jpg

I’m just now back into the USA. All my proper shoes and boots are in a shipment that, I now learn, is delayed by a “month or soâ€. Great. The “..or so†part has me worried.

I AM enrolled in the new Full Count/BG jean contest, so maybe I’ll be able to do better than my “salary man†showing in the Warehouse contest.

Again, my humble thanks to blm14 for resurrecting an old photo. Those poppy survey adventures were the best time I had out there.

And now, back to our regular program:

Re: Florsheim.

The grandsons of the founder bought back the company from those who ran it into the ground and are trying to resurrect the quality and the name. Not sure what market they are really going for, tho. The business pages had some articles on them. A bit of search will turn them up.

Cheers!

Yay! Now if we could get an update from GregNYC. And maybe miz, but he's wearing flip-flops now.

Anyway, I have a pair of Florsheims from the early 2000's or late 90's. It had the v-cleat, but I wore down the heel and that had to go. Anyone know if that was made in America just from the time frame?

To keep this post shoe-related, so far I've seen no mention of Florsheim, which is surprising. They've been around forever, are a US-made company, make excellent leather goods, and are widely available. Anyone own any?

I just picked up some horse hide wing-tip imperials this weekend at a thrift store for $4. I will post some pictures when I get a chance (hopefully later today), and then some more when I re-sole and heel them.

Although I don't have the 875's, I have the 8131's which are the same, just a different color I believe.

I think it would depend on where the film was shooting. My boots get rather sweaty, and I didn't even wear them over the summer, just winter snow/slush and rain boots for the most part.

You may want to look at Danner's website, they make great boots (from everything I've heard, no personal experience) but you can search the boots based on climate conditions. I know they make boots for hot/desert conditions.