Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

denim:

I know exactly what you're looking for...

I've posted before, but here's my custom Wesco Boss, in brown, vibram sole, brass hardware and western toe.

I was going for the classic 50's James Dean/ Brando boot and not the standard 70's biker boot...

3165053205_916bed8e80.jpg?v=1231047187

3165881148_304e89287d.jpg?v=0

i just came from fukurukuju.. angus was a bitch tried to fuck my legs..

great guys over there dropped off my 2 white's for some custom half soles put on! great shop very low profile.. great great workmanship saw some of the boots on repair there.. great was really impressed

Whiteshark, coleslaw and chicken; thanks for the links and pictures. thats definitely what i had in mind ! I'd have to find a cobbler in Europe to do these modifications because I feel the hassle to send it to the USA could cost me dearly (import & export regulations). Or I could try to arrange hokuruju (always forget how to write his name) to have a pair of Indies modified when im in japan

Picked up these Charles Tyrwhitt chukka boots for a bargain off eBay a couple of months ago, just thought I'd share. Excuse the crappy cam phone pictures, but I can't find my camera at the moment:

010409103716.jpg

010409103755.jpg

010409103815.jpg

010409103919.jpg

Really looking forward to wearing them in and seeing how they evolve. :D

problem with okuyama san fukurokuju.. is that it will take them a couple of weeks around 1 to 2 months to finish your pair i just dropped off mine this morning..

yeah im sure its worth it buddy met his 2 staff and his wife too bad okuyama san wasnt there... and met angus too hes got a crush on my wife hahaha

here's how to go to his place

take the hibiya line get off at minowa station

IMG_0004.jpg

going to ueno its 3 stops after ueno

IMG_0005.jpg

then take the no. 3 exit

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

youll see a mcdonalds turn left there on that main big street walk maybe 4 to 5 blocks and turn right and another small black turn left youll see he's dog and the small receptionist table..

tada!

what i wore going home from okuyama san

IMG_0006.jpg

hmmm, Hooligan, I feel like the boots DP shows are a little more square than your western toe . . . am I crazy?

if you look at the wesco site

their harness toe is very square

784.gif

781.gif

783.gif

I actually have the western toe and not the boss western toe as that was not an option when I got my boots as it is today.

I'm sure he could send them that photo and say give me this pair....

yeah im sure its worth it buddy met his 2 staff and his wife too bad okuyama san wasnt there... and met angus too hes got a crush on my wife hahaha

OMG!!! You met Angus? I'm thoroughly jealous. I’ve saved every photo of Angus on the site and he just ROCKS!!Every time they post a new photo of him, I’ll save it and send it to my wife back in the States. She's so in love with him. Did you take any photo's of him.

How much would it cost to have a regular pair of Indies changed to single leather sole with front and heel cats paws? its kind of my dream boot! I believe Mich bought a similar pair from a forum member here? Mich, am i right about this?

I've finally started to wear my Whites SD. I bought a pair from Bill last summer but left them in the box because i wanted my red wings 875 to wear in first. Although they still hurt my ankles, they do walk great. I can already see some wrinkels appear in the leather. Probably wont apply anything for awhile, didnt do anything to the red wings either.

Right on SLAB, i bought them this way from GregNYC.

I don't know where he got the job done and he doesn't seem very active here anymore.

I believe i remember him saying the job wasn't exactly cheap, somewhere around $150 if i recall correctly.

dsc0543kz7.jpg

That must have been pretty hard, keeping those White's caged in for some months!

I'd have to find a cobbler in Europe to do these modifications because I feel the hassle to send it to the USA could cost me dearly (import & export regulations).

I'd also wish i could find a good cobbler with some knowledge of shoe and boot history around here.

Those Indies look so good with a cuban heel coleslawyum.

and Happy Hooligan, i love your Wesco Boss, just awesome.

Chicken, i'm actually considering changing the round laces on my SD to flat ones since i've seen those pics of your gorgeous pair.

These are starting to unravel and come loose pretty quick and i like the look of flat laces in them.

oh, thanks for the +rep guys

OMG!!! You met Angus? I'm thoroughly jealous. I’ve saved every photo of Angus on the site and he just ROCKS!!Every time they post a new photo of him, I’ll save it and send it to my wife back in the States. She's so in love with him. Did you take any photo's of him.

yeah its with my wife! haha

dsc0543kz7.jpg

Damn nice on those Indy's...I was thinking of doing something like that with mine but I'm still undecided...

I can say however that thanks to this thread I have become and Alden Junkie if you will...

I have a pair of Burnished Tan Calf Indy's coming from the San Francisco Store due in March...

I have a pair of the #8 Perf Cap Toe Trubalance Boots coming from Tom in due in June or July...

A pair of #8 NST Boots coming from Tom due in September or October...

I'm going to New York in March and while I'm there I plan on purchasing something from Moulded Shoe in a Modified Last...

and IF Tom decides to do a #8 Plain Toe Boot I will be purchasing those as well...

Busy year for me this year but at least I know what I have a plan..

Picked these up from ebay today. I'm a little anxious to get the boot, as I've heard both really good and not quite so good things about Church's boots. Black chukkas. Will update once they arrive, but I just got excited so I thought I'd share.

looking good. i don't have any expierence with church's from wearing a pair, but i went to the flagship store in paris a couple days ago and they had some beautiful boots there... no moneyz for a pair tho :(

I'd rather have these.

is there any place that sells 2 tone wingtip boots?

Call David at trickers, he can make anything you like. They have several pairs on display in the Jermyn street store

I went to have a look at the C&J, Edward green and Trickers sales.

C&J had several nice things in the sale, although rather a lot of the boots were subs for £250, a bit cheeky. EG had a lovely pair of shannons and Lomonds in my size but still £400, Trickers had pretty much nothing.

No money was spent.

Call David at trickers, he can make anything you like. They have several pairs on display in the Jermyn street store

I should have added.

Is there a company that sells two toned boots that don't cost a rediculous ammount of money that a film student living in boston can afford.....

I'm guessing custom trickers are upwards of 650+

There's a reason I love alden shoes so much. Lot's of shoe for the $$

Sorry, I mispoke.

It's not really rediculous,

I just don't have it.

I could get 3 pairs of something else for how much 1 pair of another shoe costs. That's all im saying.

There are people out there that think 270$ on aldens is an insane ammount of money to spend on shoes, but thoes people aren't on this forum. It's just perspective.