Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Here is couple more pairs I found while searching the net that could make an amazing Sufu type Alden Boot...That is if we decide to go with a work boot type design...Plus the soles on these particular pairs really remind me of that famous picture of Chicken repelling with his Indy's...and they have a design similar to redwings, which of course are very popular on here...Just trying to keep the idea of the Sufu x Leathersoul x Alden boots going...

45086H-tan-b-7.jpg

45086H-tan-b-1.jpg

45086H-tan-b-5.jpg

45960H-dk-brw-b-8.jpg

45960H-dk-brw-b-6.jpg

45960H-dk-brw-b-1.jpg

4508H-brw-b-8.jpg

4508H-brw-b-6.jpg

4508H-brw-b-1.jpg

Here is a couple more pics I found...

:eek: An NST with that same type of funk sole as the shoes I posted a little bit ago...Not sure what type of leather that is but it does look to be alpine grain, which some of you know I love...

This boot looks amazing to me...

U-TIP20BOOT1.JPG

U-TIP20BOOT2.JPG

crepe sole is slick during wet weather and i really don't think it keeps the rain out. anatomica in paris also makes the tanker boot but on the modified last and with a single leather sole.

I love the tanker boot! Seems to be a Japanese only offering. I can see what you're saying amlai about not being elegant, but I have two shell boots with leather soles, and I would like a rubber sole to wear in rainy weather (which is not very often here in San Diego). But I like the crepe sole over a commando, seems more unique on an Alden.

ray, I'm really feeling all 4 of the boots you posted. My favorite is the 2nd pair which is very similar to the ones I posted from hyr collective a while back. Those really all seem very japanese in style and would make excellent candidates for the sufu boots. I'm very partial to the plaintoe design as the boots may be too busy with the thick soles AND hand stitching. but that's just my opinion.

BTW if you send an email to Alden, please let us know what they say about getting different soles on the Indy's. I would love to get commando soles if I could after the restoration. Cost is approx $125-$135 last i checked.

ray, I'm really feeling all 4 of the boots you posted. My favorite is the 2nd pair which is very similar to the ones I posted from hyr collective a while back. Those really all seem very japanese in style and would make excellent candidates for the sufu boots. I'm very partial to the plaintoe design as the boots may be too busy with the thick soles AND hand stitching. but that's just my opinion.

BTW if you send an email to Alden, please let us know what they say about getting different soles on the Indy's. I would love to get commando soles if I could after the restoration. Cost is approx $125-$135 last i checked.

I agree in that I really like the plain toe design but I don't however like the leather on that particular pair...If it maybe had the same type leather used on the NST pair I posted right after that I think it would look perfect...

As far as the Alden restoration goes I did shoot them an email last night so now I'm just waiting for them to get back with me...

NIce detective work on getting some great pictures of some awesome boots...I just got my 405s back from restoration from Alden and will have some pictures up soon. Overall I am very happy with them, but the polish job was a) sloppy and got onto the sole stitching in a few different places and B) killed my 2 years of not polishing mine to keep the original color of the toe stitching. I will post pictures soon.

I really like those plain toes, a lot, especially the leather, but I am not keen on the soles...at least not if it were to be a Sufu boot...though they are functional in some circumstances, I don't think they have the same "look better with age" element that leather soles do...plus double leather soles offer the option to leave them stock, or add a half sole for ultra-japanese steeziness.

Vegeteray, I really dig the Alpine grain, but I think it is best suited to split toes or brogues...even though I have spent the last two months deriding the plaza last (and to an extent the leydon as well) I would be pretty excited to get my hands on a pair of V-tip/split-toe boots in Alpine Grain on either of those lasts in either Scotch or a Dark Brown.

Glad to have my boots back and I enjoy having the stock soles for this pair of boots...the leather is definitely getting eaten up as is the liner around my heel...these aren't going to be everyday wearers for more than one or two resoles. Also, I'm kinda bummed about the sloppiness of the polish job (check out the shots of the stitching and the blob of polish that doesn't correlate to anything that was there on the boot before) but since I had only treated the boot with pecards, having a good polish job done really gave the boot some color and depth and looks like it will definitely enhance the developing patina.

DSCN1102.jpg

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg196/tylermmadden/Alden%20405%20Restored/?action=view&current=DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

awesome pics tmadd. I can see why you would be disappointed with the color on the stitching if you preserved them as white all along. But on the other hand, they look different and still super nice. I also like how the polish gets rid of that micrograin texture on the leather of the indy's. I haven't treated mine with anything other than pecards, but your pics makes me want to give polish a try very soon.

I know these are not posted alot, but they are all I have so far. I think they are pretty nice, but have not had a chance to wear them yet. I have not even seem others like them before. If I don't end up wearing them soon I think I might have to say goodbye and get something that I will wear.

3148784421_b3d541eee0.jpg

3148786487_eb681f4952.jpg

illumin8em, those are awesome. If I were you I'd be wearing them everyday. I admit, however, I know nothing about boots like other people here do, albeit I do long to have a pair of Indy's or White's semi dress. Either way, I would assume people here would enjoy seeing some variety of worn in shoes. And yours definitely fit the bill as being different. They look reall cool, though.

I

Those are pretty sweet boots...I really like jodhpur style boots a lot for wearing with skinny jeans...if that is your look, you should start wearing them as much as possible, if not, get something you will wear and start it up.

I know these are not posted alot, but they are all I have so far. I think they are pretty nice, but have not had a chance to wear them yet. I have not even seem others like them before. If I don't end up wearing them soon I think I might have to say goodbye and get something that I will wear.

woah woah woah. What size and where did you get them?

can anyone here tell me how DoubleH boots are cut in comparison to red wings or justin boots or chippewas? i am size 9 in red wing and chippewas and 9 1/2 in justin.

i hope someone here knows about them ?

woah woah woah. What size and where did you get them?

I won them in a stupid ebay bid war which i am vehemently opposed, but I was determined to put an end to a very long history of loosing on there. I feel a little bad now afterwards, the person that was sharing in bidding fistacuffs with me probably would have gotten more use of them.

they are size 11

i was thinking about buying these AF84_2.jpg what do you guys think? yay or nay? you guys here seem to be experts on aldens.

thanks and happy holidays.

im a us11.5 in vans era/authentic oldschools uk 10 in trickers all snug fit would i get away with us10E in alden indy

i am actually wearing my alden black cordovan wing tip boots and they are definitely my favorite pair of shoes, really comfortable with the commando sole.

and a 10E sounds like it would be too small for you steve.....

damn i was thinking it would be just saw a pair for a good price on ebay guy says he wears as us11.5 in nb and they fit him perfect,i guess i prob need a 10.5 or something to be sure

hmmmm not sure, i've read that sizing on alden indies can differ but my indies are a US size 10 and my feet are definitely smaller than yours.....maybe worth it to buy them and if they dont fit, just sell em, especially if they are a good price.....