Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

damn i was thinking it would be just saw a pair for a good price on ebay guy says he wears as us11.5 in nb and they fit him perfect,i guess i prob need a 10.5 or something to be sure

I wear an 11.5 in nike, but my 405's are an 11 C and they fit me perfectly...

I have a pair of the ultimate indy's coming any day now I suspect that were also ordered 11 C so I'll see if they fit like the standard ones do too....

Just thought I'd share a few pics of my White's I got awhile back. Bill at Stronghold ordered them custom for me (thanks again Bill!) and I've barely stopped wearing them since. The distressed oil-tanned leather wears amazing, and has a great broken-in look.

I got them with single leather soles initially, but I recently had some Cat's Paw's put on them, and the shop planed them nice and thin for me so the soles still wear like single leather -- but with better grip on the pavement for when I ride my motorcycle.

When they get too dirty, some Pecard's Boot Oil darkens them right up and evens out the tone of the whole upper, making them look brand new.

You guys have got me jonesing for a pair or Aldens soon too tho . . . !

L1020713.jpg

L1020715.jpg

Here is some more pics I found of some really nice, worn in, Aldens...

img_2_2.jpg

img_7.jpg

img_9_2.jpg

img_9.jpg

img_6.jpg

img_5_2.jpg

img_5.jpg

img_1_3.jpg

img_1.jpg

img_main.jpg

i am actually wearing my alden black cordovan wing tip boots and they are definitely my favorite pair of shoes, really comfortable with the commando sole.

and a 10E sounds like it would be too small for you steve.....

the ones i picked aren't cordovan they are just dark brown calfskin. i never seen the color in real life. the similar cordovan model my size was sold out.

i tried to search to find other pictures but i can't find any.

alright. Going to get a pair of redwings and have Cat's paw ortho heels and J. R. soles put on them. :D

It's probably going to take me a month before I have them.

But I'll post pictures of the finished shoe.

came across this earlier in the thread.

IMG_0338.jpg

hey gang - long time lurker here -any thoughts on these barney's boots? I think they look good - anyone with knowledge of their construction/quality?:

http://www.barneys.com/Chukka/077545014,default,pd.html

Don't know anything about barney's

so if I'm wrong someone tell me otherwise.

Just from looking at the pictures, it looks like the welt/midsole are molded onto the bottom of the shoe. Generally you want to stay away from that. That means you can't have new soles put on the shoes, and the soles look pretty thin on those things. 270$ for a one time use boot is mighty expensive if you ask me. Looks like super cheap thin designer leather. I'm going to be you mostly pay for the name with that shoe.

here's a diagram of what i mean.

2566797551_b6013fec0a_o.jpg

the shoes you posted have no welt stitching, so once that sole is worn, ur screwed.

I posted this assuming (since you were a newbie to the thread) you did not know about welting. If you do, sorry for nuking the fridge on you.

edit:

upon looking over the website more thoroughly, pretty much all the shoes they sell are a waste of money. (due to the cheapo sole)

Check out Alden or White's Semi dress. way cooler.

http://www.whitesboots.com/

http://www.aldenshoes.com/

If you go with Alden I can direct you to someone who can get black captoe 86's for 270.

I have a black Triumph Thruxton and a '79 suzuki that I had painted flat black, put some clubmans on and chopped the back off of . . .

you ride?

and thanks for the shout out YoungPunch!

Thruxton's are nice. I was going to get one a few months ago but decided against it.

I currently have a basket case evo that i'm going to start rebuilding once my hard tail gets back from the welder.

superfuture must have a lot of firefighters and lumberjacks then lol

Chicken, which one are you? what's your excuse for wearing the high heels...

i'm not a firefighter nor a lumberjack. actually, i'm wearing these cuban heels to compensate for the fact that i am obviously nowhere near as amazing as you.

i mean, how silly of me never to notice that the heels are too high? if i was a man with impeccable taste like you, i'm sure i would've noticed it a long time ago.

and how courageous it is to go against the grain of the thread to come out and point out what's wrong with a pair of boots that are regarded well around here? especially when nobody has ever heard of you and no idea who you are and what you look like in real life and all. i mean, internet is a dangerous dangerous place.

there has certainly never been anybody like you on superfuture before, and perhaps nowhere else on the world wide web.

thank you for gracing us with your presence and your remarkable comments. i'm going to aspire to become as cool as you are one of these days. but meanwhile, i'll keep compensating by wearing my boots and stuff.

and a happy new year. :)

Thruxton's are nice. I was going to get one a few months ago but decided against it.

I currently have a basket case evo that i'm going to start rebuilding once my hard tail gets back from the welder.

That'll be cool. I def appreciate hardtails. Never had one tho . . . some are beautiful.

In any case, to keep us on point for the thread here, make sure you are wearing some good quality boots that look better with age when you ride! ;)

I have some Rossi p134's, which are cool and semi-protective, but not up to the build standard of the White's I have or the Wescos I want. Bill turned me on to the White's Engineer boots those are cool too. He posted some pics of those a few pages back somewhere . . .

This is a shoe "genre" that is kind of neglected around here, now that I think about it. Motorcycle boots. They age fast from the abuse they get, and good ones can look amazing pretty quick. Anyone got any pics?

I have been looking for a nice pair of engineer boots for awhile. There are a couple companies out there that make some nice ones but I haven't gotten around to purchasing a pair yet.

I have three pairs of Indy's so i'll likely wear my black ones once the bike is finished.

Coleslaw has a nice pair of rough out Chippewa Engineer boots that he needs to sell me. ::wink::

nice! I do remember seeing these posted. $270 sounds like a steal. I thought that the leather looked a little soft for my preference - how does it compare to the normal calfskin?

yeah, it is pretty soft.

You looking for something for hard wear?

I have been looking for a nice pair of engineer boots for awhile. There are a couple companies out there that make some nice ones but I haven't gotten around to purchasing a pair yet.

I have three pairs of Indy's so i'll likely wear my black ones once the bike is finished.

Coleslaw has a nice pair of rough out Chippewa Engineer boots that he needs to sell me. ::wink::

Love the indy's but are you sure they are protective enough for riding? If you go down and the 500lb bike is on your foot sliding across pavement you want thicker, harder, more structured leather so you can keep your skin and toes. I know a guy who rode for 30 years, went down randomly at only 25mph, and was thankful he had his big boots on or he woulda prob lost his foot.

I have never handled indy's in real life tho maybe the leather is thicker than it looks? The stitching on the toebox could rip apart real quick in a lowside I think tho . . .

In any case, be safe. Get Coleslaw's Chippewas. ;)

don't forget Wesco's engineer boots! I've had a custom pair for about 3-4 years now and really like them... plus you can customize them to your liking...