Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Here's a pair of Lucchese classis ropers that I've been bonding with lately. The more I wear them, the more I like 'em.

So true! Here are my 8130's....worn everyday for about a week. The more i wear them the more I like them. They will only get one day off a week most likely, the same day my PBJ 005's will rest. They will be worn exclusively together from here on out. I sold a whole bunch of other shoes and sneakers to raise money for these guys.

IMG_0217.jpg

oh christ....you can see that when I took the picture I was looking at superfuture....no wonder there aren't any girls in my bed

So now that I am addicted to my indys, and my countless dunks and other over priced sneakers sit unworne (unless skate boarding), I am thinkign about the black cordvan ones.

here is the real question:

as you all have informed me the black indys come with leather soles, would it be possable to have the regular indy soles put on them, or other rubber ones?

thanks much

You can have topy or very thin vibram glued to the leather. It will increase the life of the leather and make them less slippery. It won't make it an 'off road' boot though. I'm almost certain Alden can put the standard Indy sole on it or a commando sole through their recrafting program. You should be able to call or e-mail them to confirm. If you're really set on it your best bet would be to buy them and wear them until the leather sole wore out and then have them recrafted with the sole of your choice. Recrafting is about $125 the last I heard and the results are nothing short of amazing.

Just started wearing these today 'cause it's finally "cold enough".

Am curious how these are going to look as they're a bit too new for my liking at the moment.

And, yes, they are green!

dscn3552gf1.jpg

Hmmm.... Not the best picture, it makes the shaft look huge and the nose tiny. The nose is quite slim though.

What the hell are those Duck? They're sort of cool looking.

for Hewsinator and familyman, the not so standard answers:

They're by Bernhard Willhelm, and I got them at his last samplesale, they were never produced because they would've ended up way too expensive in retail and are one of the two sample pairs made. There's only one other pair like them!

^ "sort of cool looking"??? The're great, but the picture make's them look sort of geeky, I'll see if I can post a pic of them on.

*Blisters*

What about Danner? I´ve seen some mentions of them, but can really go through 45pages right now...

I was looking at these http://www.danner.com/product/rugged/everyday/long+horn+roper+gtx+269.do

as a sturdy casual boot. Anyone got any comments on quality regarding their everyday-stuff as compared to work/military boots? And what about sizing?

This the pic ??

What about Danner? I´ve seen some mentions of them, but can really go through 45pages right now...

I was looking at these http://www.danner.com/product/rugged/everyday/long+horn+roper+gtx+269.do

as a sturdy casual boot. Anyone got any comments on quality regarding their everyday-stuff as compared to work/military boots? And what about sizing?

danner makes boots here in portland, and they have an outlet near the airport... which is how i got my mountain light IIs for $110 a few years back... they'd be worth it at full retail price, though -- the quality is amazing and sizing is pretty consistent with the rest of my shoes/boots (i'm a 10 in almost everything, including the danners). i'll probably have them for the rest of my life.

danner makes boots here in portland, and they have an outlet near the airport...

speaking of which - if any of you are interested in danners, you can call the factory store - (503) 251-1111 - and see if they have what you want. i don't think they'll ship, but if you put something on hold, i can probably pick it up for you and ship it. their stock changes a lot, as it's usually factory seconds, discontinued models, experimental colors, fabrics, etc., but you can get stuff much cheaper than retail. anyone who's interested can PM me.

Danner is coveted in Japan... they make a classical 'trekking' boot available in Japan that I haven't seen stateside that is absolutely beautiful. I think Beams or one of the stores like that had a collabo on that model this season in a brown color, but it's always been available over there for awhile....

sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question but i was wondering if anyone here is rockin the old skool pf flyers or pro keds hi tops. i was thinkin about buying a pair but i wasn't sure how they fit. i've got a pair of hi-top chucks that are on their last legs. should i buy the same size as my chucks? thanks in advance for any replies.

Danner is coveted in Japan... they make a classical 'trekking' boot available in Japan that I haven't seen stateside that is absolutely beautiful. I think Beams or one of the stores like that had a collabo on that model this season in a brown color, but it's always been available over there for awhile....

it's the mountain light II (definitely available stateside, btw). visvim kinda copied it with the serra, and sophnet just collaborated w/ danner to modify it w/ a side-zip (why??) and a crepe sole.

Ah, those are indeed them. Didn't see them on Danner's website ever so I assumed they were one of those weird Japan-only models from an American company just like everything else is these days...

The original mountain light's look particularly excellent in black.. I remember quite a few years ago I was browsing some Japanese shoe catalog and saw them and thought they were the most beautiful shoe in the book...

I sized down in my 8130's from a 10.5 sneaker size to a 9D boot. I really recommend you find a red wing store and try them on first. Finding the right size and the right width will make all the difference on a boot that you want to be able to wear for the next five years.

I found a distinct comfort difference between the 9E's and the 9D's...only one width size apart, but all the difference in the world in terms of fit!

I sized down in my 8130's from a 10.5 sneaker size to a 9D boot. I really recommend you find a red wing store and try them on first. Finding the right size and the right width will make all the difference on a boot that you want to be able to wear for the next five years.

I found a distinct comfort difference between the 9E's and the 9D's...only one width size apart, but all the difference in the world in terms of fit!

Yeah, I've noticed that in everything else but sneakers the sizing is a pain in the ass if you can't try them on. I ordered Tricker's boots and went to pediatric store to take measurements of me feet and then sent them to Tricker's store. The shoes I got (they were size 9.5UK I normally wear size 10.5US) were made to Shaquille O'neal... I instantly send them back and asked two sizes smaller. Now they're ok, but could be half a size smaller still... I was just too anxious to send them back again and try the smaller ones... :P