Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just picked my 8130's up from the Shoe Maker. Now outfitted with a vintage style, all leather sole! Ohhhhh baby

IMG_0291.jpg

The craftsmanship on those soles is amazing. I just won a pair of motorcycle boots on ebay that may need to be resoled for the winter here. Could you pm me their information so that I can see if they'll work through the mail with me?

Thanks.

I should take this shit and my shoes to styleForum you jean fanacticals ..

ta ha ..

I know they're nice now I guess ey as that's when EVERYONE gets quiet ..

oh wow am I high right now ..

Per a few requests above:

My Red Wings were resoled at Andre #1 custom shoe and boot maker in Los Angeles (Fairfax and Sunset in West Hollywood for you locals)

their website is Andre-1.com

I spoke to a couple of the cobblers in there and they said they can basically make anything out of leather you could want. I am very tempted to take a few Red Moon pictures in there and have some Wallets or Hip bags made. You can choose your design and even the exact peice of leather they will use!!

The upcoming winter here will put a beatin' on mine.

I'm trying to wear all my other shoes (especially sneaks) as much as possible now, before the snow flies.

Yeah, I'm jealous you have a real winter to beat them up with....I'm stuck with bullshit LA winter

Anyone willing to beat up a pair of these over a wet & snowy winter? Check the AskAndy thread on these. If you got the threads for 'em, they'll last your life. Just think how they'd look with raw denim!

See: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62172

[ATTACH]669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]670[/ATTACH]

tnf - I THINK havana joe quality is quite above average .. I have a pair of slippers by them that are excellent .. definately better than say banana republic - their shoes are garbage

To be honest if it's not the all-american totally rugged red wing or harley engineer boots ...

timberland for " their mainstream boots " like the gore-tex chukkas and such and Polo for their lines of dressy boots are excellent choices .. Polo has a line made by actual shoe aritsans by hand .. nice imho

First, I love this thread. Second, what must we DO to get RedWings to make their Centennial edition shoes (that quality leather and soles) available in the US???

What do they have close in the new lineup?

Centennials are available in the US. A couple weeks ago, I got a pair of 1095s centennials from a Red Wing store in Maryland. I think they have a few more in several sizes. It's got the centennial stamp (or whatever it is) on the upper and came with centennial pin thingies on the leather laces.

I assume you meant 1905s? I have pals in Upper Marlboro. Where in MD was this store? And, how did you find the sizing compared to your usual shoe/boot size? Thanks.

wow, those are really nice... did you order them from that German site or did you pick them up in the U.S?

Also, can anyone reccommend an office appropriate leather boot that will stand up to salt and slush? Something that's easy to get into and out of would be optimal... I wonder if those red wing chelseas would do the trick?

Couldn't resist the post number to show off my latest acquisition. The odd mix of black uppers and un-colored 12mm soles on these country Tricker's just captivated me. White sox and Denim? Well, I'm gonna have fun. Fantastic quality.

[ATTACH]701[/ATTACH]

A second view -

[ATTACH]702[/ATTACH]

Cotton Duck! Huge Thanks. This is great. I note that 1909 seems to be missing, but then I can't quite tell the difference between, say 1911, 1913 or 1914, except for the color. Is that what the catalog says? Same with the other three: Do we have two models in three colors each? Any prices noted? [Please forgive the questions, but I'm way off in the boonies and must do everything by long-distance!] Thanks.

So, why don't they show up on Redwings web site?

Consider that a rhetorical question, not a demand to you. More thanks for posting the images.

Where is this particular catalog published (out of)? Is there a price list with that catalog?