Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

True dat....

I just got these in the mail, Red Wing 9105s. They are odd in that there is no lining what so ever, or any insole either. I really wanted the 875 or 866, but they were 250 bucks at the Red Wing store here.

Hews-

Yeah-

My 8130s came the same way- I put a set of 'PerferctFeet' in them and they couldn't be better.

True dat....

I just got these in the mail, Red Wing 9105s. They are odd in that there is no lining what so ever, or any insole either. I really wanted the 875 or 866, but they were 250 bucks at the Red Wing store here.

redwingpicsvi0.jpg

Hewsinator, may I know where you got it? Still got stock for sz9.5?

Hewsinator, may I know where you got it? Still got stock for sz9.5?

I got them from member Crisis, so I can not help you out where to get some. BUT, there is an ebay seller that sells a tonne (I think maybe where crisis got these) of "factory seconds." They seem to be pretty minor flaws and very good prices. They have a boot called the Clapton Classic IIRC that is pretty similar.

I got them from member Crisis, so I can not help you out where to get some. BUT, there is an ebay seller that sells a tonne (I think maybe where crisis got these) of "factory seconds." They seem to be pretty minor flaws and very good prices. They have a boot called the Clapton Classic IIRC that is pretty similar.

Thanks! I will try to look up ebay.

Still, the question hangs:

Where can you find those Horween leather Red Wings -- and just what DO they cost?

Boy, those are curious. Who made 'em?

Posted this in the ebay thread... But just in case you missed it...

Alden moc toe oxford - size 12 narrow - $50

Says there's some glue leftover from removed insoles... But I'm sure someone would be able to get it out.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Alden-Mens-Oxfords-in-size-12-Narrow-in-black_W0QQitemZ300053538004QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63850QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Boy, those are curious. Who made 'em?

I know they're strange right?? The brand is Cappelli (sp?). I had never heard of them before grabbing them. They have an all rubber sole that is pre-worn down and rounded off, very comfortable. They also have a zipper that runs the full height of the boot along the inside leg, so you don't have to fuck with all those laces everytime.

Ulitmately I got them before my redwings to use as a beat around work boot, and cuase the leather matches my LGC wallet perfectly....

edit: Also, the cats paw insert in dark brown leather at the beginning of the laces I took off another pair of boots and laced into these to see how it looked....

I was in exhibition today, it was the life work of Eero Saarinen in retrospect, famous Finnish architect. There was this one award winning documentary about building the Gateway arch in St. Louis "MONUMENT TO THE DREAM" (by Charles Guggenheim). I couldn't help noticing that every other worker in the project had Redwings (early 1960's) on their feet...