Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

as my girls birthday is coming up i was thinking of getting her a pair of jodphurs or something similiar since she almost only have sneakers and has been complaining about this lately. I watched through the whole thread and found some nice shoes, especially I found a pair at the shipton site ( http://www.shipton-usa.com/erol.html ) only I am really not I can afford $300+ with shipping and custom fees right now, so I was wondering if anyof you knew about some different alternatives to these? I would really appreciate any help, ive been searching through ebay for some days but as most know, hard to find the perfect pair as well as your (hers) size.

Guys, check out Alfred Sargent Country line boots. They are very high quality English -made boots, all benchmade, and they come with free shipping worldwide.

I just received Crockett & Jones Chepstow boots from Bodileys. The best thing is that the parsel was marked as gift-no value so no customs duties at all.

http://www.shoesnorthampton.co.uk/country_collection.htm

watchguy, wow.

I'm not down with the wingtips, the sidebuckles, the moc seams on top, or the white redwings sole. The smooth toe style is definitely more my speed. and those are awesome

Thanks everyone. I don't believe they make this exact model anymore, although as snugglepony pointed out, the arkansas is pretty close.

When I bought these, a friend of mine looked at them and said to me that the Vibram soles on these would last me forever. (They have that trademark yellow octogon-ish emblem). I didn't think much of it, but now I see what he was talking about. They still have almost all of the tread (never been resoled). Most of the wear on the sole you can see at the top edge that is now rounded off. It was initially fairly squared like the inside edges.

Thanks everyone. I don't believe they make this exact model anymore, although as snugglepony pointed out, the arkansas is pretty close.

When I bought these, a friend of mine looked at them and said to me that the Vibram soles on these would last me forever. (They have that trademark yellow octogon-ish emblem). I didn't think much of it, but now I see what he was talking about. They still have almost all of the tread (never been resoled). Most of the wear on the sole you can see at the top edge that is now rounded off. It was initially fairly squared like the inside edges.

Nice boots. Those Vibram soles are really thick, almost an inch or so!

i went to the alden store on madison ave. in new york.

the salesperson carlos probably gave me the best customer service i've ever received at any store. he was super on-point. he hooked me up with phat discount too.

anyways, they had the shell cordovan chukkas, shell cordovan boots and the indy's (regular leather). the chukkas had a wallabee type sole which i wasn't too fond of (although many people prefer it, i reall like the hard sole). the indy's were nice, but it's really for someone who is going to be doing hiking or excavating. unfortunately, my life wouldn't do those indy boots justice. maybe later, if i start doing more outdoor stuff, i will get a pair, because they were, as expected, very, very nice.

finally, the alden shell cordovan lace up boots. wow, what a beautiful shoe. gorgeous in every way. only paid $480 for them. pm me if you wanna know the complete hook up details.

anyways, here they are:

myaldens.jpg

Miz,

I'm really, really curious how you could decide between these (AF60 - Black Shell Cordovan Straight Tip Boot) and the AF-43 (Black Shell Cordovan High Lace Boot). From photos, these look almost exactly the same besides a cosmetic detail or two. They are on different lasts, but I've found little info to tell me how that translates into experience. Could you elaborate on how you made your decision?

thanks.

Hinoya now have the Buzz Rickson's cordovan chukkas for sale

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/br01168/

... they look a lot more polished on the buzz site

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/william_gibson-0007.html

Too pricey for me, but I like to live vicariously... so someone please get em and take photos. :-)

Just got these on ebay. really looking forward to getting them on my feet aswell.

a>

Very interesting. Who makes these?

Miz,

I'm really, really curious how you could decide between these (AF60 - Black Shell Cordovan Straight Tip Boot) and the AF-43 (Black Shell Cordovan High Lace Boot). From photos, these look almost exactly the same besides a cosmetic detail or two. They are on different lasts, but I've found little info to tell me how that translates into experience. Could you elaborate on how you made your decision?

thanks.

hey leicalad,

good to see you here. my shells are actually not black, but are the alden cordovan color. they look black in the pic because of poor lighting. i should probably post an updated pic, now that i've worn them for a few months. i chose the cordovan color over black because i wanted my first pair to be a true cordovan. also, the color is so versatile, it goes with everything.

i picked the straight tip boot because i wanted a little bit of decoration on the tip. but you're right, it's hard to choose. between the straight tip, the plain tip, and the wing tips, it's a tough decision. the good thing is that you can't go wrong with any choice.

another reason i got that particular boot is that it was on sale at the alden store. digitaldenim was able to get the same deal.

Hinoya now have the Buzz Rickson's cordovan chukkas for sale

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/br01168/

... they look a lot more polished on the buzz site

http://www.buzzricksons.jp/product/william_gibson-0007.html

Too pricey for me, but I like to live vicariously... so someone please get em and take photos. :-)

the alden store in new york also has the cordovan chukkas. they are the same ones because the guy at the store said they make these especially for japan. they were also on sale and were pretty cheap.