Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is quite the thread for it..but couldn't really find a better one so here goes.

New to the boot game but I wanted to dabble in some desert or chukka-type boots first. For the money I see between the standard clarks and the jcrew macalisters (though I'd shell out some more for some real quality)

Is there much difference between durability and comfort? I've look all over and haven't seen much definitive comparison. I checked a ton of brands but maybe is there another Crepe sole chukka that I should look into? Thanks guy

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is quite the thread for it..but couldn't really find a better one so here goes.

New to the boot game but I wanted to dabble in some desert or chukka-type boots first. For the money I see between the standard clarks and the jcrew macalisters (though I'd shell out some more for some real quality)

Is there much difference between durability and comfort? I've look all over and haven't seen much definitive comparison. I checked a ton of brands but maybe is there another Crepe sole chukka that I should look into? Thanks guy

If you can afford the Alden unlined chukka boots they are SO much nicer than clark's or J Crew. If that's too much, i suggest Grenson or Loake or Alfred Sargent off of Pediwear.

am i a super wimp, or do you guys all hate wearing boots in the heat, too?

I am definitely sensitive to heat and veer away from heavier denim and shirts in the summertime, but I still feel pretty comfortable in my boots no matter how hot it is out.

you're all stronger than myself. after 80 i cant even touch my indy's. i do wear jeans all year round though

I have the exact opposite philosophy as the one that seems popular here.

As soon as it breaks 70 degrees I'm in shorts, sandals, and tanks. I still throw on boots for hiking, though.

That may have something to do with the scarcity of summer weather where I am.

As someone who works in a stores/factory environemnt I have to wear protective shoes/ boots all day whilst in work . I get to choose the type though , I wear DM's . When I put my Sanders or Tickers on it a completely different footwear experience regadless of the weather . Good quality boots are warm in the winter but I find them comfortable in the warm weather . My 0.02 .

am i a super wimp, or do you guys all hate wearing boots in the heat, too?

Yep, you're a super wimp. I wear boots and jeans every day. It's been over 90 degrees for the last 4-5 days, and it's only going to get hotter and more humid. Summers up in your part of the world aren't that bad. Come to think of it, they're actually pretty pleasant.

I think I'll just get it glued whilst I decide what to do with it...the shoes are a full size down from my normal, but fit perfectly...

I think when you do get them reoled the golfer sole , see the Cheaney Hampton, would suit their shape well .

Cant wait for my Rannoch to arrive tomorrow . The more I look at the Hoggs collection I think these maybe Sanders manufactured (the shape , features and price range) I will be able to compare them to my Cheltenham and see .

Can you tell me are the bellows tongue on your Lotus and Trickers boots leather lined ? Not that it makes a great difference but it is a nice feature.

I think when you do get them reoled the golfer sole , see the Cheaney Hampton would suit their shape well .

Cant wait for my Rannoch to arrive tomorrow . Them more I look at the Hoggs collection I think these maybe Sanders manufactured (the shape , features and price range) I will be able to compare them to my Cheltenham and see .

Can you tell me are the bellows tongue on your Lotus and Trickers boots leather lined ? Not that it makes a great difference but it is a nice feature.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of those; would you be good enough to post a pic taken from above? I'm curious as to the 'nose' on the Rannoch.

I've heard people say that Sanders make them, also Loake, and AS and Cheaney have also been mentioned. Still none the wiser! I'd not imagine many manufacturers would have the facilities, nor the know-how, to make this kind of boot any more...

Neither the Lotus, Tricker's or AS veltds have a lined tongue. In fact, only the AS Kelso has lining, full stop - it's much closer to Tricker's Grasmere than the Tricker's veldt or the Lotus.