Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Anyone know if these are plain-toe or lace-to-toe? They look a bit different in the stitching i've seen on their website - tough to tell.

Very nice looking boots... I think they're 8" Jobmasters

Those were a pair they featured on a mailer from sometime last year. I e-mailed in and got details -

The boot you're referring to is a modified Jobmaster boot. Specs break

down as follows:

8" Jobmaster $413.00

Burgundy Leather $40.00

Regular Toe Lacing N/C

Packer Upper N/C

Toe Caps $30.00

#705 Vibram Sole $25.00

This boot can be made in various heights, leather options and sole

options. Changes will affect the cost of the boot. As we do not carry

this boot in our stock inventory, it is manufactured on a per order

basis. We are currently running at about 10-11 weeks for manufacturing.

Please let me know if I can answer any further questions.

Thanks,

Kim Freeland

West Coast Shoe Company

800-326-2711, x200

[email protected]

did anyone check this issue and can comment on the quality of the content?

"Men's Handiwork Maintainence Manual"

I'm actually flipping through right now and it gives a lot of various instruction on things like fixing a button that fell off, how to iron a shirt correctly, and how to polish and clean a watch. The shoe section is pretty good and it does give you tips on how to treat different leather. The only thing I felt missing was how to repair scratched or torn leather which I find F&E explains better. A good purchase if you don't have anything similar already.

nope, want to know which F&E issue it is which gives better instructions in his opinion!

Don't get me wrong, this Lightning issue is a pretty great overall manual on how to take care of stuff but some F&E issues have pretty good chapters specifically on repairing boots. . The most recent one I can remember was Mr. Bootsman 2. I don't think that one is out of print yet.

The best lesson I got for polishing shoes is watching the guys at Brift H do their thing. I've adapted some of their techniques and it's really been an improvement.

Hey, does it say anything about caring for pull-up leather? I have a pair of DMs in brown pull up, and never know whether they need to be treated any differently...

I don't think so. Mostly I use a conditioner to keep the leather soft. I've tried to polish them too and it takes a pretty great shine, although that might defeat the purpose of pull up leather. If you want a more rugged look just keep the skin from drying out and that's it.

DSC_0433.JPG

Red Wing x J Crews I've had for about 2 years

DSC_0432.JPG

Iron Rangers I've had for about a month that I got for really cheap from Cabela $130! They are getting really stained from my Sam 710's

Word is that Leathersoulhawaii is about to order the next run of the Alden Kudu ultimate Indy*** Tom said most of the 48 pairs that will be coming in are already sold - but if you're quick.....

Any chance of another run on the Vintage Indy's? Tom hasn't addressed my inquiries about ordering Aldens through LS and it would be a shame to miss out on a pair if they do another run of the Vintage.

Any chance of another run on the Vintage Indy's? Tom hasn't addressed my inquiries about ordering Aldens through LS and it would be a shame to miss out on a pair if they do another run of the Vintage.

You have to check Tom's website fairly often - he will post his make-up runs and you can pre-order there. Not sure why INDY Boot runs are taking 4-5 months now (Ultimate Kudu seems like it's a standard Kudu INDY with a commando sole.... Alden seems to be making a lot of INDY Boots now