Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

the cheap version of the M43 serviceboots i ordered saturdaynight arrived today:

4271569463_166e7a24c6.jpg

i ordered on saturday too and mine aren't here yet...

also i paid 80€ and not 90, seems like they jacked up the price or something :confused:

the cheap version of the M43 serviceboots i ordered saturdaynight arrived today:

4271569463_166e7a24c6.jpg

also i paid 80€ and not 90, seems like they jacked up the price or something :confused:

looks like part of the leather near the bottom of my boot isn't tucked under and makes the captoe look a bit irregular. Should I be concerned? Or am I being way too picky.

If it doesn't hurt the integrity of the shoe and is just cosmetic, whatever. What to you think?

img3266jpg.jpg

looks like part of the leather near the bottom of my boot isn't tucked under and makes the captoe look a bit irregular. Should I be concerned? Or am I being way too picky.

If it doesn't hurt the integrity of the shoe and is just cosmetic, whatever. What to you think?

img3266jpg.jpg

no, price was 89,- since i posted it first.they are cheaper here:

http://www.troph-e-shop.com/de/us-kampfschuhe-rauhleder.html

would be good to compare them,as they look slightly different to mine.

no, price was 89,- since i posted it first.they are cheaper here:

http://www.troph-e-shop.com/de/us-kampfschuhe-rauhleder.html

would be good to compare them,as they look slightly different to mine.

Almostnice: your pais is diffrent than on the ranger-shop website, the boots on the website didn't have those rivets on the sides, also diffrent color laces.

i also ordered the slightly cheaper ones from troph-e-shop, although the shipping was slightly more so it ended up almost the same.

Almostnice: your pais is diffrent than on the ranger-shop website, the boots on the website didn't have those rivets on the sides, also diffrent color laces.

i also ordered the slightly cheaper ones from troph-e-shop, although the shipping was slightly more so it ended up almost the same.

The rivet version were only used by the US Army while the non-riveted ones were used by the Marine Corps. The Marine's were supposedly narrower at the toe as well. Also neither version had any kind of support around the inside or outside of the toe box - believe it or not. Do yours? So they tended to flatten out with use. The Marines Corp boots had visible fibers inbedded in the rubber of the sole, but not the Army (riveted) ones. Good looking boots Almostnice and because of the roughout they should truely look better with age.

The rivet version were only used by the US Army while the non-riveted ones were used by the Marine Corps. The Marine's were supposedly narrower at the toe as well. Also neither version had any kind of support around the inside or outside of the toe box - believe it or not. Do yours? So they tended to flatten out with use. The Marines Corp boots had visible fibers inbedded in the rubber of the sole, but not the Army (riveted) ones. Good looking boots Almostnice and because of the roughout they should truely look better with age.

P1120097.jpg

This picture captures exactly what my take away from seeing these boots in person was...the shape of the toe on this boot is fucking dreadful, and completely ruins what would otherwise be a relatively solid looking boot.