Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

...dude. It's a pair of indies., alright? 1 of a million in this thread.

but, they are 'Ultimate' Indy boots.

don't you think it's special than ordinary one?

here's explanation from 'leather soul Hawaii'

Our Ultimate Indy is made on the Tru-Balance Last, in Rich Dark Brown Aniline Calfskin from Horween, with a Leather and Commando Rubber Sole. It is made to Alden New England standards, just as the dress shoes are, which is a higher standard than the regular #405 Indy. You’ll notice full leather linings, higher grade materials, and general quality improvements from the Foot Balance line.

Come on man, you got to post some more pics. Those are horsehide right and they are less than $200 right? We have got to have more pics. Close ups man.

They look nice from what I see. I don't really like that sole, but the rest is nice.

Anyone knows where else can I get the Black/Tan Indy shown on the earlier pages other than from the Alden NY shop? I really , really would like to get one but the shipping from NYC is a killer.

I'm fairly sure the black indy's are pretty special to the NY store

How should i size a paid of Red Wing GT? i wear 10-10.5 in vans and just about every shoe. Should i go with that size? Where is the cheapest place besides ebay to get a pair too?

Thanks

alden_longwings_1.jpg

I just have been notified that the Alden store in San Francisco will be receiving a batch of the Longwing Bluchers in the beautiful and elusive Cigar Shell Cordovan in about 2 weeks!

To my knowledge the shoes are on the Barrie last (as seen in the picture above) and will have the double leather sole (unlike the ones in the picture above)

Reserve a pair today... they will probably go fast.

If I had a dollar for every time someone responded with a stupid comment to feel good about themselves instead of just helping out I can qui working.

Sorry I can't be an expert on everything.

Come on man, you got to post some more pics. Those are horsehide right and they are less than $200 right? We have got to have more pics. Close ups man.

They look nice from what I see. I don't really like that sole, but the rest is nice.

those epaulet/thorogood boots look nice; more pictures would be appreciated!
What did you use to polish them? I've been wearing mine for a while and they've become dull and scratched up in the toe area.

I used one of those foam buffing pads to buff the leather after two coats of Obenauf's LP. I left the boots in a plastic bag in the yard for half a day after each application.

cMc27s.png

2pkY9s.png

8EU0ms.png

ZQd2ws.png

cO0WGs.png

If I had a dollar for every time someone responded with a stupid comment to feel good about themselves instead of just helping out I can qui working.

Sorry I can't be an expert on everything.

This thread is a goldmine of information if you bother to look.

my humble collection:

2rfzi9e.jpg

wondering if I shoulda gone down half a size on the indies, they are a size 11 like the RW's but about 4mm longer, my big toe only reaches to about where the stitching is

but when wearing them they don't feel too long tho

if that makes sense :confused:

you know... this thread is shoes that look better with age, yet its mostly new boots.

Ha! Very true.

I'd post my Purcell's, but sneakers are verboten, no?