Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Skimmed through the thread, saw nothing about the shoes I'm interested in which are:

The Red Wing Wabasha Chukka

6a00d8341c974f53ef01156f1dc53a970c-450wi

I have no experience with Red Wing, or boots and chukkas in general, although I do want a pair of either these or the regular Work Chukkas. Opinions? How should I size these? I have small feet (size 8 Vans, size 7 Cons; I'm a teenage hipster sorry, nothing else to compare with) and stand pretty short at 5'4 so hopefully I don't look like a young hipster tard trying to look older than I am by wearing something like these.

These are nothing special, but as I gave them a polish today I thought I'd put some pictures up.

Grenson Stanleys, 6 months old, worn on average maybe twice a week.

The first picture is the truest representation of the colour, it looks a little washed out in the others.

3907134072_ba9291f6cb_o.jpg

3906358321_cca65d083d_o.jpg

3907134456_b0e3d4e130_o.jpg

Ravelloo's it is! edit* Just picked these up today... Steven from Leffot helped me greatly but I was pretty set on getting these already when I got there, he showed me a stack of these all packed up n ready to ship for his reserved orders. not many left from what I remember

Those are beyond cool, good job.

What the f**k was I thinking? Whites/Hawthorn 12" Lineman in black. Serious, serious working boot.

3867947583_bf61ebf5cf.jpg

Serious, non trolling question for everyone with these super heavy duty work boots. How often do you use them and when do you find yourself wearing them? I have my old pair of Chippewa engineers from back when I was in college in Maine and on the lumberjack team and I just don't find myself wearing them too often. They're pretty heavy, pretty hot, and just generally a lot to deal with on a day to day basis and those were only like 8" or 10" boots. The only time I really find myself wearing them is when I'm up at the family's place in VT. I'd never dream of wearing my old 14" bean boots unless I was canoeing or shoveling snow. My GT's on the other will definitely get a lot of use in the colder months because they're just easier to deal with.

Those Linemans just look super overkill to me for just about any sort of day to day use unless you're logging or working demo.

overkill? yeah. no question about it.

425VLTT.jpg

overkill or not, i still love my whites smoke jumpers in snow/ice conditions (one reason that i went with the vibram sole) and they are really nice in crowded subways when people step on your feet.

usually i don't even notice when someone steps on my feet when wearing whites, but it i do notice, then i am in a great position to return the favor (trust me, they will notice if i step on their feet... *crunch*)

Recs for a <$250 chelsea-ish boot w/ tread for winter wear?

I'm looking for the same thing that I can wear for work. I want something stylish but I'm in Canada so they'll probably get beat up. There's blundstone or RM willams yard/gardner that both have rubber treaded soles but they're oiled leather so it won't take a shine. I've been looking at the other RM Williams (ie craftsman or turnout) and get vibram sole put on. Would also like to know if there are any other suggestions.