Levi's Vintage Clothing

Anyone looking for a sweet deal on LVC?

Check out your local ROSS stores for various pairs of irregular LVC.

I went to 8 different locations in Arizona and picked up 6 pairs all at $22.99 a pair.

They are all pre-disstressed versions of 501's;1947, 1954z, 1955 and picked up 2 pairs of 1967 505s.

The only defect i could spot was a "sticky" zipper on the 1954z. It was just tuff to pull up and down.

@ $22.99 they are a steal!

Happy Hunting

edit: just picked up a raw pair of 1927 501's too (but in a big size 38x36....looking for a 30 to 32 inch waist)

That's a helluva' score. I checked out my local Ross and found bupkiss. Are you taking orders yet? :D

Damn, called the Ross stores near by (if 100 miles away can be considered near by) and no one has them in stock.

i wouldn't trust that. the only way to know is to go and look for yourself. i've been to Ross and i doubt they know or care what is in the store, probably just said that to get you off the phone.

Posted · Hidden by robbie, May 14, 2012 - no point posting this, overlooked the earlier posts saying the same thing
Hidden by robbie, May 14, 2012 - no point posting this, overlooked the earlier posts saying the same thing

each Ross is different.

When I lived in OKC my friend and I went to every single one trying to find RRL cause a friend had found a pair of jeans and a pair of officers chinos . The higher end stuff shows up occasionally but usually in weird sizes because Ross is a clearing house. The place is great for sneaker collectors, so many cool adidas' would turn up in like realllly tiny or realllllllllllllllllllllly big sizes (like 17,18).

Calling them is pointless their system doesn't work on traditional DPCI or SKU numbers really, even if they did have it there is no real way for them to know. Their inventory is based on size/and price... they operate exactly like a goodwill. Stuff comes in, and if it doesn't sell it gets marked down progressively until the season changes.

I went to 3 of the 5 in the local Richmond area today. I found 1 pair out of 3 stores. Each store had less than 50 pair of jeans total, it was insane how little men's product they carry. The pair I got were 1955 Customized 501's. They are 31X34 but fit more like 32x34 or 33x34. They have the offset belt loop and are turned into skinny jeans. They are quite low as well. I will be eBaying them as they don't fit me well.

a member of sufu who lives a lot closer to the "local" stores is hitting them this weekend and will keep en eye out for my size. hope he finds something!

that's good maybe he'll find something. i'd be damn sure he had my measurements and did not go by tagged size. those washed models can run very big and of course will not shrink. good luck!

I'm going to a couple more Ross locations tomorrow. There are dozens scattered near where I live and work. I haven't went back since Sat. but looking to score a few more in my size (31 to a 34 inch waist).

And no, ross dsnt keep an inventory. Product just comes in and they throw it out there.

Glad at least one of you found a pair. That's the same 1955 I found but in a size 36 but fits smaller.

that's good maybe he'll find something. i'd be damn sure he had my measurements and did not go by tagged size. those washed models can run very big and of course will not shrink. good luck!

Yeah, I asked him to bring along a tape measure if possible and look for stuff measuring between 36.5 and 38".

colgems1966, is the cotton content of those 519s indicative of era in any way? You and setterman have me interested in a pair. I'm seeing 100% cotton, 86%, 75%, etc.

Also, I'm leaning towards full cotton (obv default) but does the poly content help maintain fit?

jyoni--i've never noticed a 100% cotton pair other than the denim 519's. all the corduroy ones i've seen are a cotton/poly blend. they look and feel like all cotton, i suspect the small amount of poly helps with durability. the best way to tell on a vintage pair is the zipper and care tags both changed around the same time. talon 42 zipper--pre-83/ levis branded zip--1984 on. the small square paper care tags with black print are pre-86 / larger embroidered cloth tag with red levis batwing logo after-86. unlike many levis models there is little difference between older and newer models.**** i highly suggest the 519's if you're into cords. they are well made, have a great slim tapered cut, good looking and still inexpensive. try a pair, i'll bet you'll like them.

Thanks man. Yes, I think I'll try a pair. I did a convenience-store run on ebay and grabbed the first "excellent" used pair that will fit. If they work out I will then patiently lay in wait for a deadstock pair.

This particular pair was listed as 100% cotton but that could be pure conjecture on the seller's part as there were no tag photos. I did spot another pair, a tiny pair (28 I think), advertised as such. I'll get some photos if there is solid tagging of this.

i'm betting it is just seller fluff. a lot of sellers post their guesses as factual. i have never seen cord 519's that were not some type of blend, but as i said not to worry they look and feel like all cotton even after a lot of wear. let us all know what you got and how you like them.

Anyone looking for a sweet deal on LVC? Check out your local ROSS stores for various pairs of irregular LVC. I went to 8 different locations in Arizona and picked up 6 pairs all at $22.99 a pair. They are all pre-disstressed versions of 501's;1947, 1954z, 1955 and picked up 2 pairs of 1967 505s. The only defect i could spot was a "sticky" zipper on the 1954z. It was just tuff to pull up and down. @ $22.99 they are a steal! Happy Hunting edit: just picked up a raw pair of 1927 501's too (but in a big size 38x36....looking for a 30 to 32 inch waist)

I've picked up a few of these myself. the ross at az mills has some interesting stuff. some 44's, matchstick selvedge, and a pair of open ceremony x levis. while you are hunting around check out the marshals on 16th and camelback. picked a pair of unbranded ub101 for 15. they also had some dior 19cms for like $160.

I looked at the weekend and only found a pair of the lady 606's with a star stitched on them. Not a sniff of anything for men or actually wearable. Might take a look at a few of the other stores around here this weekend but not holding out much hope. I don't need anymore jeans right now anyway so won't care too much either way.

i'm betting it is just seller fluff. a lot of sellers post their guesses as factual. i have never seen cord 519's that were not some type of blend, but as i said not to worry they look and feel like all cotton even after a lot of wear. let us all know what you got and how you like them.

Definitely seller fluff :laugh:

No tagging but I can feel the blend. They are quite nice! I had to go with brown for sizing, but in hand I am quite pleased with the tone. I'll get some fit pics up when I have some time. Zipper is "Levi's 42"

sounds good jyoni! brown is a good color for those. they will look good broke in as the color fades. tan, green, grey, brown, navy etc... are all good colors. they made these in wild colors too--those are the ones i stay away from. the zipper sounds like a hybrid of old and new. i'll bet they were made around 83/84.

LVC 501 1947 - 38x38 - true 38x38.5 - final 38x36.5

I bought these at the LVC store in London because 38L isn't available in the US for whatever reason. I'm glad I was able to have a lot to choose from as the sizing was quite variable in these. They seemed to have examples from different production years, the denim looking different on some of them.

Gave them two long initial hot soaks, one warm Bronner's soak-wash since then. I don't have intermediate measurements, but the third soak did seem to shorten them up a bit still. You can see the beginnings of tears where I was cuffing them. You can't really see the fades here, but I've got some decent ones coming in.

966oT.jpg

Xzf51.jpg