Levi's Vintage Clothing

those 50's era woolrich coats are a good deal too. woolrich still makes them but the materials are much cheaper, they're made overseas and the fit is no good, plus you can get vintage for less than a new one. i have a perfect condition 50's era one and it is very warm and high quality. thick wool with a mustard colored cotton flannel lining.

I walked in to Cinch today and saw these hanging on the wall for £800!!!!!!

Reluctantly, I have to say they are actually pretty damm cool but 800 quid!??

I take it the ones in cinch are the same as the ones on cultizm? I noticed LVC have two variants of the 1890 this season!

I walked in to Cinch today and saw these hanging on the wall for £800!!!!!!

Reluctantly, I have to say they are actually pretty damm cool but 800 quid!??

I take it the ones in cinch are the same as the ones on cultizm? I noticed LVC have two variants of the 1890 this season!

800?! Wow that's nuts! On cultizm's site (including the VAT tax) they're 574.28, which is bad enough, but a helluva lot less than 800!

the shawl collar is a nice touch but a belt would be impracticle in a woodsman's coat anyway.

What would be the issue with the belt?

Nice jacket, but I look at it as more of a wear around town (in my mind it's the 1930s and I see a guy wearing one of those on a cold fall Friday or Saturday to see a college or high school football game) rather than a work jacket anyways. I know with that price tag I wouldn't be wearing it while hauling firewood in the house!

i took it to be a hunting coat. wool mackinaws were (and still are) very practical hunting gear. the belt would likely snag in the woods, that's what i was referring to. if you look at any eastern big game hunting photos from the mid-60's back they're usually wearing red/black mackinaws.

What would be the issue with the belt?

Nice jacket, but I look at it as more of a wear around town (in my mind it's the 1930s and I see a guy wearing one of those on a cold fall Friday or Saturday to see a college or high school football game) rather than a work jacket anyways. I know with that price tag I wouldn't be wearing it while hauling firewood in the house!

Totally got a football coach vibe from it as well.

I get that you could get a vintage woolrich or filson for less expensive... but really the same is true for just about anything LVC makes. You could track down a striped t-shirt from the sixties for a couple bucks at the goodwill etc...

I think what's so attractive about this piece is that it's a reproduction of a piece levis made way back when. LVC is a luxury brand so the prices are going to reflect that.

i took it to be a hunting coat. wool mackinaws were (and still are) very practical hunting gear. the belt would likely snag in the woods, that's what i was referring to. if you look at any eastern big game hunting photos from the mid-60's back they're usually wearing red/black mackinaws.

Oh, I know that is the kind of garment some men would have worn hunting back in the day, but to me that cut is more of an in town style jacket. The cut of the Woolrich Pennsylvania Tuxedo makes it more of a field jacket.

Don't know if the belt wood have been an issue in the woods. Certainly would have helped keep warm while waiting on your friends to drive Mr. Whitetail into you.

I have one of those '40s Woolrich plaid jackets too, and I really like it. Good cut and very well made. Better than the LVC mackinaw, probably.

With the LVC jacket it's more about the design and the cut, which is more of a '20s style. Also the history of the brand and, let's face it, the exclusivity is appealing to, I imagine, most of us. Certainly for me, I freely admit.

And the draw of collecting.

It is a different cut compared to most similar modern jackets. Probably hard to pull off, as the chest is tightly fitted and the waist cinched in, while the bottom bells out. Also a bit itchy. I have a previous version of this jacket and have yet to wear it out, but it's one that I particularly like, visually, from the LVC collections.

Hi BGB, what are the differences in the two 1890's?

cheers in advance.

From what I saw and was told by the salesperson is that they apear to be the same... except the 800 quid one has much more distressing than the other 300 odd pound 1890 model. (they are both from a ltd edition)

Not really convinced about how this justifies a £500 price difference but there you go!

I really like this shirt from LVC I own but i have to say..the quality is shit. I haven't worn it more than 10 times (more like...6 times) and that what happened by normal opening of the breast pocket:

P1030754.jpg

P1030755.jpg

P1030756.jpg

I have to say, the snap buttons felt cheap and loose right from the start.

Already contacted cultizm about it..let's see what happens.

speaking of dodgy quality, i've noticed some items from this season are produced in china (knitwear in particular) is this the beginning of the end?

Any specific items? Looking at cultizm I can't see any items that are made in China. Not good news to hear that any of the LVC line is heading to China.

I really like this shirt from LVC I own but i have to say..the quality is shit. I haven't worn it more than 10 times (more like...6 times) and that what happened by normal opening of the breast pocket:

Totally unacceptable for that to happen on the shirt that retails at well over $100. Hopefully you didn't pay full price for it, and cultizm can do something to help!

****that's a shame, but i had the exact same thing happen to a RRL western shirt i own. it's not as bad as it looks. i took mine to a tailor who reused the original snap. he reset and repressed the base of the snap. only cost me $2 and you couldn't tell it ever happened. i kept expecting the snap to give me further trouble, but 3yrs later and it's still ok. you might see if someone in your area can reset that snap for you. cheaper and less hassle than a return.*****

P1030754.jpg

P1030755.jpg

P1030756.jpg

Any specific items? Looking at cultizm I can't see any items that are made in China. Not good news to hear that any of the LVC line is heading to China.

yea it's a sad thing, and you're going to have to be careful if shopping online, as i doubt stores will post that information, but i saw it with my own eyes on some chunky knits from this season at the paris levis vintage store (i always check tags)… i highly doubt we'll see made in china lvc denim anytime soon, but it is annoying that some pieces are starting to be produced there, especially when the price wasn't even any cheaper ( sweater was 200€ the same as previous made in portugal knits )