Levi's Vintage Clothing

The Sonic Crush 505 did get a release. It wasn't, however, until January 2003. In terms of production versions I think it was the case of no two pairs identical. The store I bought from probably still has a pair as they aren't wearable, much like the Celebration pair in this booklet.

lvc2003jw8.jpg

Thank you! Mystery Solved. I'll throw them up on Ebay for that "completist' collector type. :-)

well i know of that tag inside the leg however on my 47s, it didnt say fall 06. i assumed it was the numerical value above the 47501 where it said 0306.

7wr4op1.jpg

Well looks like you have a pair made overseas and have a date code of what I read as march 06. Paul could probably give more info. Don't look to be US made. Were they pre-aged or raw? Allot of the pre aged stuff is made in turkey or europe.

Heres what a US made pair of 47s tag looks like. There are variations from different years but they still all say Made in USA and have either a date code with all #s or one like the Fall 06 code.

IMG_7058.jpg

Well looks like you have a pair made overseas and have a date code of what I read as march 06. Paul could probably give more info. Don't look to be US made. Were they pre-aged or raw? Allot of the pre aged stuff is made in turkey or europe.

Heres what a US made pair of 47s tag looks like. There are variations from different years but they still all say Made in USA and have either a date code with all #s or one like the Fall 06 code.

IMG_7058.jpg

thanks for the reply airfrog. i thought thats what the 0306 meant. though im still a bit confused because the all three of my 47's have that same tag and are raw and also say made in the USA but on the opposite side of the tag. maybe something varies between production?

Help please! I bought these 606 at the bay, the seller said these are LVC prototypes, but the button shows the 8, isn´t the 8 am evedence for real vintage levis ???

33levislvc6xr8.jpg

I´m not into the button thing only no that 555 and 554 are US made LVCs... so what does the 8 stand for? Many thanks :)

Well, Boss Of The Road were bought by Lee, not LVC. And last I heard Lee had closed their archive and let the guy who looked after it go.

I don't think he's got a cat in hell's chance of getting anything like that amount of $$$$.... my impression is that those old brands are worth only a fraction of levi's. I would've thought these would struggle to make $5,000, let alone $55,000.

That said, these are fascinating jeans, tho, that kind of cut seems quite common, a real alternative to the simpler 501 style, not unlike Levi's Spring Bottom pants.

The sale on Caliroots? Think I got a pair of the 201's...very very very cheap.

Haha yeah, I also thought I got a pair, it went so quick haha So I dont know!

But I got a confirm mail from them that my orders was taken, but they have not packed it yet.

Nice that you took the 201's, it was just the 55's left when I checked :P!

My local store only has the 67 505s (EU) in "barely buttonable", will they stretch enough to be OK or should I order online? Virtually all other sanforized denim I bought true to fit became unbearably loose with time which would be close to catastrophic for a 67...

Wanted to max out the shrinkage on my '47 (tagged 36x34)..getting too loose...I think I could have sized down one but don't think they make them in a size 35. The jeans have been through a cold soak when they were brand new. I have had these jeans for over 2 years but haven't worn them for a while.

Today I decided to give them a hot soak(even pour in some boiling water) and dried them on high heat to maximize the shrinkage. I measured the waist at 18.5" before the hot soak and dry and after they measured a 17.5". The waist is almost perfect now and the legs are a bit more snug than before. Wish it would have shrunk a bit more cause I feel they are on the baggy side and plus they are probably going to loosen a bit after a few wears. Oh well, I guess I will just wear my APC's when I want a slimmer look.

Here are some pics:

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

they're lookin good; proper fit for a 47 i'd say. my lvc 47's are in the same boat as yours, i hardly ever wear mine, especially with the 660 contest jeans and the latest addition of lvc '33 to my collection.

About the lvc '33s: I think I got the last pair of 30x34 from cultizm, and I must say I'm impressed. While I expected all the detail, hence the reason I bought them, I am impressed with the quality. I think lvc europe must have better quality control, even though these are made in usa, maybe even at the same place as usa lvc. But the stitching is much straighter than my usa lvc '47s and all around more care seems to be put into the 33's. That being said, i'm really digging the roomier cut. With my indies or chucks, it's just such a classic look. And i feel like i'm getting all my bases covered as far as cuts, from the roomy 33's to my skinny skull 5010's and a lot in between.

My local store only has the 67 505s (EU) in "barely buttonable", will they stretch enough to be OK or should I order online? Virtually all other sanforized denim I bought true to fit became unbearably loose with time which would be close to catastrophic for a 67...

hey, get em barely buttonable, wetten the waist and then wear em till they are dry, the will stretch about on inch... I always buy my jeans a bit too small...

Hi guys,

I really need to know the model/year of those levis:

levis 501, raw, selvedge, real leather patch, no XX nor STF on the patch.

here's the pics of the tag:

Photo11540.jpg

Photo11541.jpg

edit:

the backside of the top button says 601

I worn them for 5 1/2 or 6 months straight.

I was thinking about soaking them (cold soak) today.

I'm seriously thinking about getting another pair (better quality) of denim. My initial idea was a pair of apc's but yesterday, the idea of buying a pair of LVC came to my mind.

Quick question regarding shrinkage on my new 47's. After a 1 hour warm soak the waist/ length / overall fit is good but the thigh is just slightly too loose. Supposedly they shrink up until the 10th wash so how much percentage wise would the initial soak have shrunk them width ways ? Are they likely to shrink say another quarter to half inch in the thigh when they are finally machine washed ?

Quick question regarding shrinkage on my new 47's. After a 1 hour warm soak the waist/ length / overall fit is good but the thigh is just slightly too loose. Supposedly they shrink up until the 10th wash so how much percentage wise would the initial soak have shrunk them width ways ? Are they likely to shrink say another quarter to half inch in the thigh when they are finally machine washed ?

They will shrink probably about 80% after the 3 or 4 wet to dry cycle and it probably will take 10 or so cycles to get them all the way. I would avoid regular wash (hand wash only and air dry) and definately do not dry in a dryer.

They will shrink probably about 80% after the 3 or 4 wet to dry cycle and it probably will take 10 or so cycles to get them all the way. I would avoid regular wash (hand wash only and air dry) and definately do not dry in a dryer.

Well, it's not only the moisture that will get them to shrink. A part of that has to do with heat, too, and a hot dryer definitely acts as a catalyst for shrinkage.

As long as you make sure to turn them inside out, and eliminate all creases and wrinkles before you throw a pair of wet shrink-to-fits in the dryer, you can get most of the shrinkage to occur right away.

At least that's the story with my last LVC 1947 501's.

If you just throw them in balled up though, you could get a hideous marbelized look from where the wet dye from the denim patches in the fabric.

hey i've asked this before in the other LVC thread, but i'll ask again: does anybody have any experience with the 1966 646? both raw and washed versions? got a few pairs of the spring 2007 "studio worn" and the rigid. the studio worn fits great in a 31x32. can i assume that the rigid 31x 32 will fit like the washed ones? i know that this is not always the case with the 501's. right now i've got raw in sizes 28x32 through 32x32. the 29's and 30's fit truest to size (in 47 501 my 32x32 fits perfectly). it's the 3% shrinkage that makes me wonder, please anyone with some actual experience with the lvc 646 let me know. thanks.

also any tips on washing/wearing sanforized raw jeans?

and if anyone is interested in them, from sizes 28, 29, 30, 31, let me know before they go on ebay. (except the ones i keep, obviously)

thanks

Well, it's not only the moisture that will get them to shrink. A part of that has to do with heat, too, and a hot dryer definitely acts as a catalyst for shrinkage.

As long as you make sure to turn them inside out, and eliminate all creases and wrinkles before you throw a pair of wet shrink-to-fits in the dryer, you can get most of the shrinkage to occur right away.

At least that's the story with my last LVC 1947 501's.

If you just throw them in balled up though, you could get a hideous marbelized look from where the wet dye from the denim patches in the fabric.

If you put'm in the dryer it will take all the siffness out of them. That stiffness is what helps give you good whiskers and honeycombs. My advice is go as long as you can between soaking them and when you have to soak let air dry,