Levi's Vintage Clothing

So true. My pair (hmmm, I guess from 08) was really big , tagged size 32x34, if I remember right they measured at least 34 x 36 raw. But after two or three soaks they shrunk a lot, now they measure 32 x 32 and fit slim but perfect. Ask for measurements is da way to go!

That's quite a bit of inseam shrinkage. I just got a pair 36 x 36, from 2010 season, that measured about 37.25 x 35 raw, and after a hot soak measured about 36.75 x 33.5. Hoping the inseam won't shrink too much more. I did a second hot soak of just the top block and the knee down (hoping to reduce inseam shrinkage as best I can!) ;) Waist shrunk a bit more, nothing else lost from inseam. Good stuff, and the lighter weight denim is welcome in the hot FL heat. :D

Maybe more of a "what are your jeans doing today" post, but I figured I'd post it here since I'm wearing LVC (ratty 55s and 506XX). Tonight was the final night of our local trap shooting league. We were shooting against our nemesis club, our records tied at 6-1. Whomever won tonight was the second half champ, and would shoot off in two weeks against the first half champ for the overall season championship. Myself and the four other guys in the photo each shot perfect scores of 50, for a perfect team score of 250, only the second time our club has done that. Our clubs participation has dwindled over the past couple summer, and for our team of 17 shooters to beat a club more than double our size, and do it with a perfect score, is pretty cool.

photo0266zg.jpg

By setterman at 2011-08-25

Just got my 'Loons back from the tailor. Thanks to setterman and airfrogUSMC for helping me out with these. I had the inseam shortened so as to wear them without a cuff (per setterman's suggestion) and indeed to me they look much better now. Also had the flimsy and already bent LVC buckle replaced with a River Junction one that airfrog was nice enough to send me. Thanks again afUSMC.

You guys make a great team! If only we could get the Arabs and Israelis to start giving fashion advice I'm sure everything could be worked out.

6081046535_1591cd43ef_b.jpg

6081583456_c0f70498e3_b.jpg

In honor of setterman's victory:

6081583516_fbd5710581_b.jpg

The 'Loons with the new Filson x Levi's hunting vest, for an archaic denim shooting outfit. Too ridiculous to wear as a combo, even for me.

Just got my 'Loons back from the tailor.

Absolutely perfect! If Levis had some marketing material with a model wearing a proper fitting pair like yours, they'd have sold a helluva lot more of those jeans. And the hunting vest works as a work garment in those photos with your Roys (which are looking dominant).

Absolutely perfect! If Levis had some marketing material with a model wearing a proper fitting pair like yours, they'd have sold a helluva lot more of those jeans. And the hunting vest works as a work garment in those photos with your Roys (which are looking dominant).

Thanks!

The vest also has these in the lower pocket:

6081052203_663477de25_o.jpg

What did you say these should be called? Bullet Holes? Slug Slots?

That has to be for a shotgun shell, since it's way too big for most bullets (unless you have super tiny fingers).

Yes, they're for shotgun shells. You usually find them on garments intended for waterfowling or upland bird hunting.

Is it just me or did they change the pocket shape of the 47 501 quite a bit for the new season? They look more squarish and huge - but that could be because of this particular size.

http://www.ln-cc.com/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-clothing-mens-1947-501-jeans-rigid/invt/lvc010028den/

Yeah, I've got that feeling too...That's no good news. I'm sure the backpockets were a lot smaller on the originals. Check my pair (2009) for a comparison:

dsci1525.jpg

Is it just me or did they change the pocket shape of the 47 501 quite a bit for the new season? They look more squarish and huge - but that could be because of this particular size.

http://www.ln-cc.com/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-clothing-mens-1947-501-jeans-rigid/invt/lvc010028den/

Nice little price hike there ln-cc, only £234 now! I wonder who buys LVC at those prices? Thank goodness for Hideout!

in all fairness, the sale prices are usually very attractive there! last season i picked up a 47' for £125 shipped to singapore. can't complain about that.. the pantaloons were cheap as well, regretting big time i didn't pick those up now.

on a sidenote, i really love how these goth/tech ninjas never pick up any LVCs on sites like LN-CC and Oki-Ni even during sale. the people at LN-CC are absolute darlings to work with as well!