Levi's Vintage Clothing

I had same fitting problem with my 20 201. My sister did some sewing work on them and now they are perfect. A little bit boot-cut to preserve the selvege on the cuffs, but the fit is slimmer now in the upper area.

How could you? I mean that's like chopping the front end of a mint '63 XKE Jag 'cause you didn't like the long nose -- what a disgrace.

Guest jbone45
^^this is just crazy to me. You get 20s style work wear, and change the cut because you dont like 20s style workwear?

I agree, your boot cut 201's sound amazing.

How could you? I mean that's like chopping the front end of a mint '63 XKE Jag 'cause you didn't like the long nose -- what a disgrace.

I know what you mean. I own a 63 Jaguar E-type and I like the fantastic line, but for every day use the nose is indeed to long especially during the rush hours. And you'r right, I wouldn't cut the nose off. But the reason is not that I wouldnt do it, but It would be too expencive. I wear my 201 every day for work and it was too roomy for me. The magic word is "individualism". Look at all those old levi jeans that had been found. They had all the individual features of their owner. Cut off Chinch or cut off legs like the knappave 1880's. I bought my 201 via e-bay - too big - and had no chance to send them back. Shouldn't I wear them because they look like from my big brother? Now I wear them every day and they start to get nice fading and they are now my favorite jeans. Is that a mistake? And I would prefer some 30's hotrod instead of a concour Fort Type A

I just did the initial cold soak for my LVC 1947s, but I'm wondering how much more they'll shrink with a hot soak? I like the way they fit around my legs, but they're a bit loose in the waist and way too long (seems like I should get all the shrinkage out before I get them hemmed).
Didnt you say that you want them to fit loose? A hot soak will shrink them a little more,but a 60° wash ( dont spin,unless you want crinkles all over the place ) will get nearly all the shrinkage out.

I know what you mean. I own a 63 Jaguar E-type and I like the fantastic line, but for every day use the nose is indeed to long especially during the rush hours. And you'r right, I wouldn't cut the nose off. But the reason is not that I wouldnt do it, but It would be too expencive. I wear my 201 every day for work and it was too roomy for me. The magic word is "individualism". Look at all those old levi jeans that had been found. They had all the individual features of their owner. Cut off Chinch or cut off legs like the knappave 1880's. I bought my 201 via e-bay - too big - and had no chance to send them back. Shouldn't I wear them because they look like from my big brother? Now I wear them every day and they start to get nice fading and they are now my favorite jeans. Is that a mistake? And I would prefer some 30's hotrod instead of a concour Fort Type A
Sounds fair enough.Just courius how they look,would you mind posting pics?

I bought my 55s from a few seasons ago true to size and the fit is perfect - just gave them a short cold soak so far.

Absolutely.

For the new jeans, assuming they are the same shape, you will need to buy true to size for the measured size , rather than the tag size, as the new season look to be made oversize.

If you wear the actual waist size, the waist will stretch out and the thighs will still be a generous cut.

Didnt you say that you want them to fit loose? A hot soak will shrink them a little more,but a 60° wash ( dont spin,unless you want crinkles all over the place ) will get nearly all the shrinkage out.

I do, I just feel like I should get all of the shrinkage out before I get them hemmed.

I would if I could. I don't know how to encolse a picture. Can you help?
Of course,this is what I did: get a account at photobucket,upload the pics in large ( its something like 680 x... ),when you click on the image choose IMG code and just copy and paste.really easy done.

all the pockets seem to be the same, the only pocket difference i have noticed is that the front ones are shallow. barely fit the iphone in it. i guess in 1917 they did not carry iphones to the mines.

the finish is nice actually the color is a bit less indigo then i was thinking but over all it is not flimsy or dull.

and thug is in regards to the amount of fabric i have hanging down in my crotch. the front rise is over 15 inches and the back rise is almost 20 if i recall. i can do some squats for sure but i will never get a butt that big. lol

Man,thats a lot.Just measured my 1901,w32 true to size.FR is 12,5",BR 16,5", and Iam really happy with the fit.If you cant return,try to sell them..

Of course,this is what I did: get a account at photobucket,upload the pics in large ( its something like 680 x... ),when you click on the image choose IMG code and just copy and paste.really easy done.

Here we go DSC01925.jpg[/img] DSC01926.jpg[/img] CIMG6518.jpg[/img]

I just think that by altering a vintage design, the piece loses its integrity. I see now, with your particular circumstance where it didn't fit, the alteration was necessary. Looks like it worked and obviously fits perfectly and that's what counts. Btw, your sister is some seamstress, she did a flawless job and they look good. I especially like the wide selvage seam. Great unique stuff - thanks for posting the fotos.

Indeed, it was necessary. They looked like WW II riding trousers. I can only recommend NOT to upsize with the 201!! Yesterday I did my initial soak on my new 1937 501 (W30/L34) and the fit is perfect . I normally wear W30 and I soaked the 37 with a bamboo stick in the wasteband to stop shrinkage in the top area and this worked.

Gave these a quick warmish soak and then another hour long hot soak after I established that I could afford quite some shrinkage in them.

Pretty spot-on fit I think.

3378356639_fa370d824a.jpg

3379176162_22754c4d5f.jpg

3378356905_c8f7f41a6f.jpg

While they are certainly not the most flattering jean fit ever, I am quite hapy with it, and I think it fits the jean, they will also loosen up en drape more over time. Note I also cinched them up pretty tight as I like the look it gives, again, not the most flattering, but I simply don't care, these are not jeans that were in any way designed/destined to make my ass look great, ha...

Really like these jeans and I have a feeling they might end up being very well worn summer jeans eventually, super light and "airy"

Her's another pic of them worn a bit more casual without the shirt tucked:

3378356405_ddd9c42c37.jpg

Nice Cotton Duck, they look great.

Far too much stacking going on with most of the fit picks I've seen on this forum, but those look great.

My brother has a pair of First first 1875's (or is it 73?) - I'll try and get some fit pics from hime next time I see him

Guest jbone45
Gave these a quick warmish soak and then another hour long hot soak after I established that I could afford quite some shrinkage in them.

Pretty spot-on fit I think.

3378356639_fa370d824a.jpg

3379176162_22754c4d5f.jpg

3378356905_c8f7f41a6f.jpg

While they are certainly not the most flattering jean fit ever, I am quite hapy with it, and I think it fits the jean, they will also loosen up en drape more over time. Note I also cinched them up pretty tight as I like the look it gives, again, not the most flattering, but I simply don't care, these are not jeans that were in any way designed/destined to make my ass look great, ha...

Really like these jeans and I have a feeling they might end up being very well worn summer jeans eventually, super light and "airy"

Her's another pic of them worn a bit more casual without the shirt tucked:

3378356405_ddd9c42c37.jpg

These look good on you, man.