tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

Naked and Famous is an entry level brand, so it stands to reason that their clients would have an entry level mentality.

Theres a spray on product called Febreeze. welcome to the 21st century

Both of you need to reread your original posts then reread your explanations of your posts.

There are some terrible gaps in logic in both of your numerous responses, and you both say one thing then claim you said another just a few posts later.

I take it you don't even give a cursory read of others' posts before you reapond?

I never said you shouldn't wash your jeans. I lean more toward wash frequently.

Again another gap in logic. I commented on your logic in saying one thing originally and then backtracking to say you said something else and you say "Na, man. Wash your jeans." Wow.

Oh, the irony is killing me. You sir are the one who began being abusive by trying to belittle me with your "facts". My original post was meant to present a possible explanation for why the jeans may have been presentable even though they were never washed; in other words febreeze may have masked the smell so tailoring them would not be unpleasant. You obviously didn't understand that and tried to belittle me by google searching how febreeze works and essentially calling me uneducated. You claim that I am unreasonable, but in reality you are just plain ignorant.

I'm done with this conversation.

Can't let leave this uncommented after you made such a brilliant appearance in this thread. So you're saying that you live your life in your jeans? Like biking, partying, smoking, going to livegigs with puddles of beer on the floor, riding bike or motorcycle, skating, having outdoor sex, sweating in summer, sweating when you're late for work trying to catch your train, gardening, cooking and whatnotever. And you can kill all that nice little oudours with febreeze just because you think washing harms your jeans or fading potential? Wow.

(BTW, back in the days I tried all kinds of myths, freezing, airing out, febreeze, damp rooms (not baking soda) - none helped just a bit.) The febreeze just blends in to all the other strange oudours , adding a little chemical warfare note. Makes me want to listen to Slayer, which I'll do now. Peace

In the end, what I was attempting to convey is that a limited knowledge and understanding of why raw denim has become the prevalent choice for casual menswear is the reason behind why someone would go years without washing their jeans.

You are of course ignoring homelessness and mental health issues.

Can't let leave this uncommented after you made such a brilliant appearance in this thread. So you're saying that you live your life in your jeans? Like biking, partying, smoking, going to livegigs with puddles of beer on the floor, riding bike or motorcycle, skating, having outdoor sex, sweating in summer, sweating when you're late for work trying to catch your train, gardening, cooking and whatnotever. And you can kill all that nice little oudours with febreeze just because you think washing harms your jeans or fading potential? Wow.

(BTW, back in the days I tried all kinds of myths, freezing, airing out, febreeze, damp rooms (not baking soda) - none helped just a bit.) The febreeze just blends in to all the other strange oudours , adding a little chemical warfare note. Makes me want to listen to Slayer, which I'll do now. Peace

I can't say that I've never washed my jeans, but I prefer to abstain from washing them as much as possible. I understand your criticisms, however my way of caring for my jeans works for me and for some people like you and beautiful freak to ridicule me because of that just speaks volumes about yourselves.

What ticked me off about beautiful freak's post was that he essentially called me an idiot, claiming that I do not understand science. The truth is that my life revolves around science and I am far from being uneducated. I was accepted into a bs/md program from high school, meaning that I earned a guaranteed acceptance into a US medical school at the age of 18.

And for how I know febreeze keeps things fresh? During the summer time, I was volunteering as a lab assistant at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. I had to taper a pair of jawnz and since schaffers garment hotel was only a couple miles away, I febreezed the jawnz and left them in my car, which was parked on the roof of the parking complex in the LA heat. By the time I got off work, my jawnz were baked, fresh, and ready to be tailored.

If my post speaks volumes about myself, then that, that I tried to contribute by sharing my personal experience with "your" method. I did (and will) state that for my lifestyle and hygiene standards it makes no sense. Plus there's the general consensus of the old folk like b_f (who also knows a little bit about chemistry btw) that washing doesn't harm your jeans at all. If you disagree, fine, but watch your language (it wasn't b_f who insulted you).

Another question (serious one): you seem to be ok working in a lab with street clothes that don't get washed? The hospitals I worked in wouldn't have tolerated that.

yeah chemistry was a part of my studies...there I learned how Febreeze works. Didn't need to google it.

I kinda agree with you on the smelling issue (that you can solve it) but my point stands, that the root cause for the odour remains. And that is in my personal opinion not hygienic

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I can't say that I've never washed my jeans, but I prefer to abstain from washing them as much as possible. I understand your criticisms, however my way of caring for my jeans works for me and for some people like you and beautiful freak to ridicule me because of that just speaks volumes about yourselves.

What ticked me off about beautiful freak's post was that he essentially called me an idiot, claiming that I do not understand science. The truth is that my life revolves around science and I am far from being uneducated. I was accepted into a bs/md program from high school, meaning that I earned a guaranteed acceptance into a US medical school at the age of 18.

And for how I know febreeze keeps things fresh? During the summer time, I was volunteering as a lab assistant at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. I had to taper a pair of jawnz and since schaffers garment hotel was only a couple miles away, I febreezed the jawnz and left them in my car, which was parked on the roof of the parking complex in the LA heat. By the time I got off work, my jawnz were baked, fresh, and ready to be tailored.

I didn't read the whole argument, but I will say this. Your qualifications and education is irrelevant. I know a plethora of people that are amazing students, who lack common sense. Some of the most useless and uneducated people in my Fortune 500 company have MBA's.

I'm not saying you necessarily fall into this category, but your education and whether or not you wash your jeans are two separate issues. Personally I've seen great pair of jeans that are washed at reasonable periods of their life. I too abstain from washing my jeans as much as possible, but if it's dirty give them a wash.

Edited by Potsnu