tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

NZeYtgpl.jpg

Limited Edition collaboration jean between Momotaro and Tate + Yoko. Only 75 pairs were made exclusively for the store! The fit is based on the N&F Weird Guy cut, and the denim and hardware are provided by Momotaro. Custom gold embossed deerskin leather patch, hidden copper rivets, and amazing kamasutra pocket bags. The denim used is Momotaro's Vintage Label 15.7oz unsanforized denim: slubby, texture dark indigo denim that will age and fade beautifully.

MOTY01 - Slim top block, low-medium rise, tapered leg

15.7oz unsanforized / shrink-to-fit Japanese selvedge denim

Rope dyed indigo

Custom vegetable tanned natural deerskin leather patch with gold emboss

Heavyweight twill pocket bags with a Kamasutra (!) pattern

Blank pockets, tonal inseam thread

Iron buttons, hidden copper rivets, raised belt loops

100% cotton

Made in Okayama, Japan

I have a couple pairs of Weird Guys, including the N&FxMomtaro collabs and they're fine. I sure couldn't wear these, though.

I guess it's the fact they're pre-soak measurements. Personally, I like a more relaxed jean but, for Alex's sake, I hope these sell quickly. (They look sick.)

The denim on these alone is worth the investment, still the rise is a little low especially for any of you bigger guys. Have my eye on dat der 29 though, wish I could justify it right now.

Rise is slightly lower than usual, especially on the larger sizes but I think it's fine. If you've been looking at the vintage label but needed a tapered leg, this is it. There's no pink inseam but that's how we wanted it for this first collab. Patch and pocket bags are great, but it's still a clean looking jean that's going to be with you for a while.

Edited by TATE + YOKO

crotch starting to tear on my nfxoni. 150-160 wears in. love pants too much to warrant a full blowout. no decent denim specialty shop in toronto. can T+Y repair my jeans? (will gladly pay shipping both ways and any associated service charges) :ph34r:

Edited by rosarkar

Did you check with Kaitlin at Dutil? The seamstress who does the chain stitching might be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated. I'll check it out first thing Friday once I'm done with midterms.

Would prefer to give T+Y my business though. :rolleyes:

crotch starting to tear on my nfxoni. 150-160 wears in. love pants too much to warrant a full blowout. no decent denim specialty shop in toronto. can T+Y repair my jeans? (will gladly pay shipping both ways and any associated service charges) :ph34r:

We can repair these for you. Please email [email protected] and she'll arrange it with you.

Are you guys up for doing repairs in general? I've got a small hole in a pair of Iron Hearts that could use mending - thought I would proxy to SENY, but if I can get it sorted in Canada, all the better.

Anything new to report, Alex?

Alex sent a couple emails over to you and Sonny. Ready to order once ive got your advice back? :D

Guys, Unfortunately I'm no longer working at T+Y/N&F. They decided it was time to look for a cheaper option to manage both T+Y and the new Unbranded e-commerce site (which should be up by now, but it's not lol), and basically locked me out, so sorry about the no reply. Doesn't look like anything's been done for about 2 weeks now.

Gee, send an email over to [email protected] and he'll get you sorted out.

Chris, Greig, Richard, Bori and everyone else on here who kept coming back-- it's been a pleasure! I'm moving on to better things.

- Alex

Alex, thanks for everything over the last year and all the best for the future. Evans picked up on my emails so thanks for the heads up.

Let's hope the store can maintain the level of service you used to provide, you'll be a tough act to follow :D

I live in California and the primary reason I shopped at Tate + Yoko was because Alex was such an awesome dude and went beyond anything I have ever experienced in a retail store or otherwise. Having also recently been laid off I can understand where you are coming from Alex, best of luck man. Thanks so much for being such an awesome guy your dedication and intrinsic approach will be greatly missed.

Edited by Rightyow77

New Viberg boots just arrived!

Brown pull-up chromexcel leather. This is our first time running the low Oxford shoe/boot shape, and the first time we do a rigged sole with Viberg. These look sick!

Viberg_riggedsole.jpg?psid=1

We'll have these bad boys photographed and online shortly.

If anyone has any questions regarding these boots or any of our products or services, please email [email protected] and he'll be glad to answer you super quickly.

Damn those new vibergs doe

Will there be a restock on the Viberg black suede scout boots by any chance? Need a size 9 or 9.5

Are you a "9 or 9.5" in Viberg? Or do you normally wear "9 or 9.5" in other shoes? Viberg boots are made big. I normally wear 9.5 in most shoes/boots, but I wear 8.5 in Viberg. Please confirm and I'll check for your size.

@Tate + Yoko,

I returned a pair of NF skinnys for my girlfriend and was interested in an exchange for a pair of the Kam. 20oz. Is this still possible never got an email back, which I can understand considering recent developments. My main question is though, will I still be able to use the 10% for HWC13-15 contestants?