A.P.C.

jeepster

Few quick questions from a raw denim noob.

1) I got the PS, will the rise stretch at all over time? The way they fit now is quite uncomfortable for my manly parts.

2) Is it typical for the outside of the jeans to have some imperfections (think little scratchy bumps) in the denim if you run your hand down them?

3) Is it typical for the inside of the jeans to have a few spots that are rather itchy due to those same imperfections?

Thanks in advance

Few quick questions from a raw denim noob.

1) I got the PS, will the rise stretch at all over time? The way they fit now is quite uncomfortable for my manly parts.

2) Is it typical for the outside of the jeans to have some imperfections (think little scratchy bumps) in the denim if you run your hand down them?

3) Is it typical for the inside of the jeans to have a few spots that are rather itchy due to those same imperfections?

Thanks in advance

K for 2 and 3 not sure what you mean, I was thinking slub but apc's are pretty smooth. For your first question, I have PS (almost a yr) and I love the fit but hate the rise unless you want your man parts to be hugged your going to have to sag

K for 2 and 3 not sure what you mean, I was thinking slub but apc's are pretty smooth. For your first question, I have PS (almost a yr) and I love the fit but hate the rise unless you want your man parts to be hugged your going to have to sag

Unfortunately they aren't stretched out in the waist enough to sag yet, but I'll get there. As for the bumps, they're hard to explain. The ones on the outside seem to have mostly gone away with wear so maybe they were just loose piece of thread in there. On the inside however it is just itchy in certain spots and it feels like the same little snags

i actually know what you mean. really, it goes away over time. i've had my PS for maybe a little less than a month and they are totally comfortable/ smooth now. lots of wear usually does the trick

Thanks man. I've been wearing them and sleeping in them every day since I got them so should get to that same point pretty soon.

quinn, the rise won't stretch. so, if that is a big deal you might need to get a different cut.

lucaas, those are brilliant. +rep for you sir.

did anyone get a pair of the black ps? i got a pair of nc and i'm tempted to get the black ps since i don't have a pair of black raw denim. do they fade better or harder?

Lucaas I tried to rep you but it said I need to spread it around more prior to repping you again. Damn haha.

Also, does anyone know if the APC store in L.A. is still doing their turn in your old jeans for a new pair half off?

i've had my apc ns for about 3 months now and the fades are starting to kick in. i have a few questions though:

1) i've noticed difference between my left and right lap fades. the left side seems as if its much more stretched out, and a lot more of the white threads in the denim are apparent and the fades are not as distinct. the right side still has that normal dark indigo with the light fades. is this a property of the denim?

2) will the thighs still stretch? its stretched out some but i want it to stretch a bit more.

question one; i haven't experienced this (personally) with my pair of rescues, so i don't have a great explanation of what this might be. sorry.

for question two; you will probably not experience any more stretching as you're already three months in. that's a lot of time, and the denim has already stretched as much as it will.

i've had my apc ns for about 3 months now and the fades are starting to kick in. i have a few questions though:

1) i've noticed difference between my left and right lap fades. the left side seems as if its much more stretched out, and a lot more of the white threads in the denim are apparent and the fades are not as distinct. the right side still has that normal dark indigo with the light fades. is this a property of the denim?

2) will the thighs still stretch? its stretched out some but i want it to stretch a bit more.

I've had the same incident with my ns' currently (response to question 1). I thought it may have been how I was walking but im not sure why as well. for me, the crotch area's right side is fading quite faster than my left side

i'd recommend he get a pair of jeans that better suit his body type. the long tshirt that covers his ass makes him look like a midget. get a pair of wider denim and then sag them. it'll look much better

totally agree.

not trying to be mean here, but those PS don't suit you, they're too skinny for your frame and they emphasis your thick thighs. Your shirt goes all the way down to your thigh, and covers both your back pockets - not a flattering look, makes you look short and really top heavy. return it and get something looser.

I offer that the very long tee just exacerbates the problem. We can't really judge how they fit you around the waist. I generally prefer snug or very tight fits, so just possibly they may look alright when worn in for a while. And of course they are way too long, so if you are going to keep them, either that hemming job or much, much larger cuffs are called for.

if the length is your only concern and you like some stacking, hem them a little bit so they aren't stacking all the way up to your mid-calf by the time the denim settles down.

^^ I agree he should of went for new standards
i'd recommend he get a pair of jeans that better suit his body type. the long tshirt that covers his ass makes him look like a midget. get a pair of wider denim and then sag them. it'll look much better
totally agree.

not trying to be mean here, but those PS don't suit you, they're too skinny for your frame and they emphasis your thick thighs. Your shirt goes all the way down to your thigh, and covers both your back pockets - not a flattering look, makes you look short and really top heavy. return it and get something looser.

in response to these; do you like how they fit? are they comfortable (or i guess the real question is, do you think they will be comfortable in a few weeks, or a month)? because, in my opinion, if you like the fit, and they aren't "cutting off your circulation," then you should keep them. this is your fit pic from day one, and it is a pair of jeans that are going to stretch out anyways. apc stretches like craazy in those first few months. sorry for the ranting, but to me clothing is all about how you want to wear it. i wish there were a lot less "does this fit look good? is it tight/loose enough around my balls and thighs?" overanalysis of what everyone was wearing. buy a pair of jeans that fit you comfortably, and you feel good in (and feel good about how you look in) and post some pictures. then, every so often, give us a little update on how they look as the denim begins to fit to your body. oh, and wash your jeans.. i'm not saying every month, or every three months. i'm just saying that if they need a wash (starting to smell, get dirty, etc.), they need a wash. a wash will actually help to improve the life of your denim so you can wear them for 2+ years. when it comes down to it, they're really just jeans, so definitely give it all some consideration, but don't overanalyze.. again, sorry for the rant, but it just kinda felt like i needed to come out..

edit: not saying you all can't share your opinion with the fit either. just to clarify.

couldn't agree more.

apc11months.jpg

I figure I might as well contribute to this thread. These NCs are about 11 months old, with one wash at six months, and a rinse at the start of June. I know they look weak for 11 months, but they were basically my everyday campus stompers. My older 47's became workwear so they got the thrashing.

yeah the thighs are tight but when i got em i was thinking apc stretch alot so it wouldnt be that much of a problem. i like how it fits knee down but there pretty long so im gonna hem them to a 32. i like stacking but not that much. and i my shirts usually arent that big. it was just that specific shirt.

ns are a little to lose for my liking. i tried em on and wasnt feeling them that much.