A.P.C.

jeepster

this is my first post here ha. (n00b status) i've read all 499+ pages twice. once thoroughly. the second time, skimmed. i've learned a shit load of shit haha. but of course.. i'm still unsure about something. i plan on buying some NS monday. i wear a size 34 in 511's and a 33 in 501's. (6'3, 185lbs) so, when i'm buying my new standards, do i size down 3 from my tagged size on my levis? so, i'd buy NS in a tagged size of 31's? or in a TRUE waist size of 31's, which is like a 29 tagged size(which gives me like 3 sizes to stretch up to a 34)? i'm kind of confused :/ i'm going off the context clothing size chart. thanks. :)

APC's are sized true to waist, I think... so if you're going to buy a size 30, it's going to be 30, are you going to buy them from a store, or are you ordering online? because if you buy them in a store, just try them on and if they're tight as hell (31's for you) then get them, because they will stretch like crazy..

IMO you should go 30, they will stretch, lol but at first it might sting a bit.

I should get back on my apcs...

this is my first post here ha. (n00b status) i've read all 499+ pages twice. once thoroughly. the second time, skimmed. i've learned a shit load of shit haha. but of course.. i'm still unsure about something. i plan on buying some NS monday. i wear a size 34 in 511's and a 33 in 501's. (6'3, 185lbs) so, when i'm buying my new standards, do i size down 3 from my tagged size on my levis? so, i'd buy NS in a tagged size of 31's? or in a TRUE waist size of 31's, which is like a 29 tagged size(which gives me like 3 sizes to stretch up to a 34)? i'm kind of confused :/ i'm going off the context clothing size chart. thanks. :)

Alright, thanks for the help! :) Well, on the context clothing size chart for apc's, it says a tagged size 30 is measured to be a 32 ha. So, I'd wanna size down 4 sizes all the way down to a tagged 30? ha. shit. :P that actually sounds right. i want a nice slim fit, like 511's (apc's have their own style, obviously, but i like the slimness on those 511's ha)

thanks again. and yeah, you should most def. get back on your apc's :)

oh, and there is nowhere around here that sales apc's. i'm ordering from online.

i've dogged my pair of NS's for 2 years without washing. the smell isn't that big of an issue, but i'm tired of the yellow tinge where the denim has faded on the thighs/fly/pockets/seams. i'd like them to show the white that some of the photos on the thread have. any tips on a first wash? i don't want the denim to marble. will soaking in woolite get the yellow out or do i need something harsher?

I think this is from the APC website. Its their recipes for their wash. ha. I'm pretty sure its been posted before. but here you go anyways. :)

1. Extremist Recipe: Let your jeans get dirty for as long as possible. First wash: dry clean. Following washes: soak your jeans for about an hour in water with a little Woolite Black added, rinse, roll in a terrycloth towel and hang up to dry.

2. Semi-Extremist Recipe: Soak your jeans for about an hour in water with Woolite Black added, don't scrub, rinse, wring and hang up to let the water drain.

3. Machine Recipe: Machine wash at 30 degrees Celsius (90 degrees Fahrenheit), delicate cycle, no spin cycle, with Woolite Black.

4. Seawater Recipe: Let your jeans get dirty for as long as possible, go swimming in the ocean wearing your jeans, rub your jeans with dry sand, and repeat several times, rinse in fresh (not salt) water and let dry in the sun.

APC's are sized true to waist, I think... so if you're going to buy a size 30, it's going to be 30, are you going to buy them from a store, or are you ordering online? because if you buy them in a store, just try them on and if they're tight as hell (31's for you) then get them, because they will stretch like crazy..

IMO you should go 30, they will stretch, lol but at first it might sting a bit.

I should get back on my apcs...

Are you sure? I'm new here myself but the context website says they're vanity size.

Are you sure? I'm new here myself but the context website says they're vanity size.

I got them from NOMAD, a store in toronto, so I tried them on.

My normal waist size is 30, I sized down 2 to 28, wish I sized down one more though.. if it wasn't true to size, I wouldn't have such a hard time buttoning up those jeans

APC's are VANITY SIZED and they stretch like crazy....

lets understand the information in this thread and learn..

and devin, if you can, i suggest you size down 3. so if your true waist is 30 ( example), get a 27-28 in apcs..

hope this helps a bit

So, since they stretch out so damn much. I should size down 4 (34 to a 30) on the NS? ha. I want them pretty slim. If they're too tight, I guess I can always exchange them.

i'm 6'2" 185lbs and wear a size 31 NS. they are (due to vanity sizing) actually 33 to begin and will easilly stretch 3 inches. in fact, mine are even a little loose in the waist.

Go to the store and try them on, when I bought my apc's NS a couple of weeks ago I first bought size 30 and they were tight as hell, but since I had read all the 400+ pages here and people were saying that you should at least size down two sizes if you want a tightish fit I bought them,

After a few daysI went back to exchange them for a pair of 31's since I realized that the 30's where god damn uber uncomfortable. I could barely walk in them, kinda like Kramer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idHsDQ5XP0

Maybe Apc's are not for me since size 30 weren't THAT tight in the waist but they were unbarable in the groin/tigh/butt area.

I usually wear 32 in Acne's and my old Diors 19cm were 31 but they're too small now.

Guess time will tell if my apc's stretch too much..

Were the black petits a one season thing?

Just asking because I cant seem to find them anywhere online and they arent on the main website.

Didn't someone awhile back mention APC received the black raw material for petite standards from Dior black raws as b-stock or something? I dunno, could've been a rumor or something.

You have any fit pics?

sorry, no. don't own camera and haven't any ful length mirrors. i can try to get couple this weekend though.

Go to the store and try them on, when I bought my apc's NS a couple of weeks ago I first bought size 30 and they were tight as hell, but since I had read all the 400+ pages here and people were saying that you should at least size down two sizes if you want a tightish fit I bought them,

After a few daysI went back to exchange them for a pair of 31's since I realized that the 30's where god damn uber uncomfortable. I could barely walk in them, kinda like Kramer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7idHsDQ5XP0

Maybe Apc's are not for me since size 30 weren't THAT tight in the waist but they were unbarable in the groin/tigh/butt area.

I usually wear 32 in Acne's and my old Diors 19cm were 31 but they're too small now.

Guess time will tell if my apc's stretch too much..

they're going to stretch like mad. when i got mine they were tighter than shit and uncomfortable beyond belief. wore them to bed a couple times and just around doing shit and they stretched out a hell of alot.

does anybody know where a person can get some of the dark grey petit standards? they have them at Tres Bien, but their smallest size is 30 and I need a 28. they're not for sale in the apc online store, for some reason.

and as to the sizing, I used to go down three, and they did stretch out after a couple weeks, but after the first wash, they shrink back down and never really give back out after that. I've switched to sizing down two instead (I wear 28 and my real waist is 30) and my jeans are much more comfortable and I daresay they look better this way, even if they aren't as leg-huggingly skinny.

Didn't someone awhile back mention APC received the black raw material for petite standards from Dior black raws as b-stock or something? I dunno, could've been a rumor or something.

APC did a black overdye petite standard last season that was produced in the same factory as Dior denim. AFAIK its all sold out... hope this answers your question.

I guess this isn't APC specific, but I was wondering if there were any features of a pair of jeans that would make them look better stacked or cuffed. For example, I read that smaller leg openings stack better. So perhaps wider leg openings are better cuffed?

I guess this isn't APC specific, but I was wondering if there were any features of a pair of jeans that would make them look better stacked or cuffed. For example, I read that smaller leg openings stack better. So perhaps wider leg openings are better cuffed?

well, the new standards have the selvage lining visible, so people like to show that off by cuffing their jeans ;) but yeah, wider leg openings are better cuffed.

Hi there people. I got a pair of 32 NC around easter, havent worn them majorly but they are a bit loose on me, not the greatest fit for my figure. I'm in the UK and wouldnt mind selling them, or trading them. the waist has stretched to a 34. not really any fading apart from a tiny bit of wallet fade.

pm me if youd like this pair. I was thinking £90 ish

Ok I wasnt sure because doesnt the tag normally say something else than what it does there?

And isnt the leg normally 34 inches not 32?

Yeah, those are legit. They're probably hemmed, which is why theyre only a 32. and as for the tag, that also looks legit ha. I think there are different tags for each season? correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure.. after reading through this thread, there were a few questions similar to yours.