A.P.C.

jeepster

Quick question. I'm 5'8 119 pounds and wear a 26 in most of my jeans. I bought a 25 new cure , but I'm looking at the 26 ps because I like the taper the ps has over the new cure. Also the ps has a slimmer body than the nc, in context clothes measurements. But I did find out the ps is now tts wtf! Most of my jeans run a 28 to a little less than a 29 inch waist even though it's marked 26. Should I gun it for the 26 or keep the still vanity sized 25 nc? They arrive tmrw in the mail. Thanks!

I would stick with a size 30 if i were you. a 29 would probably be too tight on your calves, knees, and thighs and you would be uncomfortable for a few months. the waist is the only part that really stretches significantly, along with a little bit of stretching in the thighs. wear a belt and you'll be fine, or do a warm soak whenever you think the fit is getting too loose. try on a 29 and see if you can handle it first.

Okay thanks for the comments, I'll be sure to try a 29 when I'm at APC.

They look perfect to me.

I would stay with this size 30, except you really like very thight pants

Yeah whilst I can pull them off I will aha!

Both of you guys stay with the fit you're at in the Petit Standards. You'll regret it if you size down.

Thanks for the information!

So the apc new cure 25 came in and I was able to button all with ease. Opted for the ps 26 at context. Let's see if they work out since they are tts. They should stretch in the waist even though I don't neccesarily sag correct?

And can context (if anyone knows) lower their 2 day shipment cost? It's pretty high at 35 dollars where lagarconne charges 17 and ssense charges 25 from Canada.

hey guys, intending to get some new cures soon. im waist 28 so i guess going for new cures 26 would be about right yes?

Well they are vanity sized, so tagged 26 will come as a 27 and stretch from there. I am normally a 33 or 34 in other jeans, and I have a NC in both 32 and in 33. The 33 are more comfortable and fit a bit more to my liking but I do need a belt with them (about 9-10 months wear in those). The 32's were a little snug at first but now fit plenty comfy and are the way new cures are meant to fit (I guess, only a couple months in those). For reference, here is how my 33's fit:

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

So in other words, you should be just fine with 26's or 27's depending on how you want them to fit.

I'm thinking about sizing to a 29 to avoid the stretch so I end up with the above fit.

I'm going to add another vote to "stick to the 30"s. That's EXACTLY what I did. I traded in my 31s for 30s because I liked the fit of the 31s and wanted to account for stretch. Then, after one soak and sun-dry, they are unwearable and aren't stretching back out. Yeah, I shouldn't have sun-dried, but what I'm saying is that in the long run, your jeans probably will not stay in its stretched phase.

Stick to 30s.

I'm going to add another vote to "stick to the 30"s. That's EXACTLY what I did. I traded in my 31s for 30s because I liked the fit of the 31s and wanted to account for stretch. Then, after one soak and sun-dry, they are unwearable and aren't stretching back out. Yeah, I shouldn't have sun-dried, but what I'm saying is that in the long run, your jeans probably will not stay in its stretched phase.

Stick to 30s.

Okay, thanks for the information :)

Gotta question. I'm a TTS 29, big thighs. I'm looking for a very slim borderline skinny look.

I tried the PS down one, and there was a lot of stress on the calves, waist, and thighs. I couldn't button the top. So pretty much, they were skinny jeans.

I also tried PS TTS, and they were a lot more breathable. I could button every button with relative ease. There was adequate space in the thighs. It was pretty much the ideal "slim borderline skinny look" I was pursuing.

Should I size down one and hope they stretch to the look that the TTS had? Or should I just go ahead and stick with the TTS and hope they don't stretch too much? Just wanna make sure I buy the right size before I spend $160+

Edited by pastel

Gotta question. I'm a TTS 29, big thighs. I'm looking for a very slim borderline skinny look.

I tried the PS down one, and there was a lot of stress on the calves, waist, and thighs. I couldn't button the top. So pretty much, they were skinny jeans.

I also tried PS TTS, and they were a lot more breathable. I could button every button with relative ease. There was adequate space in the thighs. It was pretty much the ideal "slim borderline skinny look" I was pursuing.

Should I size down one and hope they stretch to the look that the TTS had? Or should I just go ahead and stick with the TTS and hope they don't stretch too much? Just wanna make sure I buy the right size before I spend $160+

Either get the TTS PS and wear a belt so the waist wont stretch too much, or, get NS sized down 2.

Definitely go TTS. If they arent really tight they arent going to stretch that much, and its not like theyre going to stretch so much in the waist, theyre going to drop to your ankles if they do stretch.

hey guys, just got a apc ps size 26 (true waist 28) recently and here are some fit pics:

0RapS.jpg?1

YMNMx.jpg?1

sorry for the bad lighting

Not sure if I should have went a size smaller on these? the thighs are pretty roomy and they buttoned up with minimal difficulty and im afraid of it stretching out.

hey guys, just got a apc ps size 26 (true waist 28) recently and here are some fit pics:

0RapS.jpg?1

YMNMx.jpg?1

sorry for the bad lighting

Not sure if I should have went a size smaller on these? the thighs are pretty roomy and they buttoned up with minimal difficulty and im afraid of it stretching out.

What does the waist measure in at, out of curiosity? I'm a girl, so judging sizes for online purchasing is rough. I don't know my waist size, womens jeans don't work like that LOL and it all depends on how I wear them. If I sag a bit, 28". Natural waist? Probably 26". Damned if I know. I'll be measuring a few different pairs of jeans when I get home to try and ballpark it. But, anyone have size 24/25/26 in NS,PS or NC and wouldn't mind measuring em up?

yess..I know. The dreaded sizing questions. But it's more complicated for us wimminz. And the search function isn't very helpful when it wont let me search for just "26" etc :(

Thanks, I'll check it out. Are there mens jeans in there as well, just worn by the ladies? Because that's what I'm looking for LOL Some of the womens raw brands are aight, but not really the fit I'm going for necessarily.

raravez - Keep it up for 7 month those whiskers look amazing! straight and long, I like them.

ZSprX.jpg

hvssg.jpg

ns size 29. 6 months regular wear. 6 months very occasional wear. I stopped wearing them mostly after a hole started to form in the knee. I still have never actually patched a pair of jeans for some reason.

pictured next to a new pair of ns, size 28.

PS 27 (purchased 2/2011) Never washed

7868701954_8d8ac0bbbb.jpg

7868702626_1643605e20.jpg

While I wear these often, I don't wear them daily and I avoid water (only look 6 months old).

My question for you guys is how should I get them hemmed? Thinking 4 inches to a 32 inch inseam. I don't plan on washing these for awhile, but even then the stacks are a bit too much. Seeing as how the leg tapers, and the stacks/cuffs are still pretty raw, should I even bother keeping the original hem?

What does the waist measure in at, out of curiosity? I'm a girl, so judging sizes for online purchasing is rough. I don't know my waist size, womens jeans don't work like that LOL and it all depends on how I wear them. If I sag a bit, 28". Natural waist? Probably 26". Damned if I know. I'll be measuring a few different pairs of jeans when I get home to try and ballpark it. But, anyone have size 24/25/26 in NS,PS or NC and wouldn't mind measuring em up?

yess..I know. The dreaded sizing questions. But it's more complicated for us wimminz. And the search function isn't very helpful when it wont let me search for just "26" etc :(

I might be able to help. I'm a girl and I do own new standards in two different sizes, a pair of new cures and I also have a petit new standard coming my way in the mail as we speak. I do have a bigger waist size than you (natural 28-29", where I wear my jeans ≈31") and I am pretty tall, but let me know if you still want measurements or comparisons to other brands.

My thighs are normally the problem when it comes to slim(-ish) jeans. My new cures are three sizes bigger than my smallest new standards to accomodate for that, and they still fit a lot slimmer in the seat and thighs. The waist is quite roomy on all of them though, but as you probably know from reading this thread; the waist has crazy stretch.

Edited by birgitte

^^ in my experience with getting girls in the right APC is to go about true to size in Petits and down one in NS but as tight as possible as long as they get on.

the best girls fits with APCs that i've seen started with hardly any buttons possible at first. we all know they'll stretch.

get the fit in the lap that you want. the ass and waist will come around...but you gotta earn it.