A.P.C.

jeepster

New Standard 5 or 6 months - 1 wash because beer..

7986544442_86252a7a33_z.jpg

7986543720_b507b3a2f3_z.jpg

New Standard owned for probably 4 or 5 years - countless washes, worn irregularely because paper thin... but so comfy

7986542046_6f5b9c3e62_z.jpg

7986541314_3bbb3e768b_z.jpg

I want to get my NS tapered (like a PS) and hemmed. My question is, can I just take these to a Nordstrom or better yet, a local dry cleaners to get this done? Or are these kind of places usually unexperienced with selvedge denim? I don't want them to fk up the selvedge :/

Also, my inseam is pretty long. Will a soak really shrink this down? Or should I just go ahead and see a tailor? I'm looking for 2" off the inseam.

Thanks!

to simply answer your question, and avoid berating you for not reading this thread and only a few other key pieces of other threads.........

take them to someone who alters clothing, anyone who is competent with a sewing machine can probably do it, simply tell them to taper from the inseam, instead of the outseam (where the edge is)

also - APC are sanforized, meaning, the cloth has been pre-shrunk. therefore, the only real noticeable shrinking will occur after the jeans have been worn and stretched out a bit. i think if you were to wash them straight away without ever wearing them, they might shrink a tiny bit... as "pre-shrunk 100% cotton" t-shirts annoyingly always seem to do.

does anyone else find it really annoying how the new cures arent sewn with the selvedge showing?

the new standards and the petite standards both have it. but the new cures which are supposedly made of the same denim, dont use the edge for the outter seam.

i think thats bs, i really like seeing that edge when i cuff my jeans!

does anyone else find it really annoying how the new cures arent sewn with the selvedge showing?

the new standards and the petite standards both have it. but the new cures which are supposedly made of the same denim, dont use the edge for the outter seam.

i think thats bs, i really like seeing that edge when i cuff my jeans!

weahh

humbleopinioncore - i think it should be about the cut.. that's more flattering than little white and red stripes on your cuff. but to each their own..

can someone tell me where i can find an accurate measurement chart for NS and PS? context clothing seems to be the only place. but i have measurements from emailing needsupply and it is fucking off.

They probably meausre differently. Check how context measures their pants

so the general consensus is that context's charts are the most accurate?

could i order from needsupply and reliably get one that matches context's sizes or do different stockists have different pairs? (before and after the recent change in cuts)

They're both probably accurate, they just meaure differently....

Here's the fit of my new PS size 29

8007297463_2dca874406_b.jpg

NS a little over two months

7993652491_cb5a61f26f.jpg

7993604799_e0f7797140.jpg

7993611366_f265d99608.jpg

Both two different fits, Both two very nice fits! They compliment you nicely, good work!

Would you have to wear it like in your house for two months? How can you even put that on your waist, would you only button bottom two buttons?

No idea, I just remember a lot of discussion about it when he was talking about sizing down 4 on NS haha. You;ll have to wait till he gets back to see how he fit into them. I actually dont think they were that tight when he first got them.