A.P.C.

jeepster

Apc's are more tapered, compared to FH3001 which fit more like a straight leg... nc = more tapered, ns = less tapered

nc = more tapered, ns = less tapered, rescue = no taper

for a straight leg go with the rescue "sized down."

A number of people have messaged me about my PS sizing

DSC_0136.jpg

so I thought I might as well make a post about it to possibly help other people.

I picked the size that was 2 less than what my waist measured in inches [27" waist - 2 = size 25 (does this mean I sized down 2?)].

When I first got them they were very tight and sat on my waist and I was able to button them all the way up.

Over time they did stretch quite a bit:

DSC_0295.jpg

However, I actually wear them on my hips because its more comfortable. I think they fit perfectly:

DSC_0296.jpg

Inseams:

I did not hem these and I am 5'6".

However, I measured the inseam and they are now 32" not 34".

Keep this in mind if you decide to hem or else they'll end up like my NS:

DSC_0169.jpg

I had these cut to 30" and they're now at about 28".

Washing:

I did 2 ocean washes and 1 machine wash on my PS.

What I did for the ocean wash is salt water > sand > salt water > sand > salt water > fresh water.

If you do this, go commando. I didn't do this the first time I got weird lines from my shorts underneath.

For the machine wash I used cold water and some industrial laundry soap that you can get at Costco. Its a huge tub and its white.

Drying:

I just hang them outside.

How I get my fades:

I bike to class and thats about all the activity I do.

So yeah I think thats it. I hope this helps someone in the future.

gah im undecided.

i'm a true waist 29/30, ive been wearing a sz 26 ns for a year and half now, i like the fit from my thighs down, i just don't quite like the high rise on them...

i'm now considering sz 28 ps, would those be too big for me? I like to hang them around my butt region though...

I'd go with the 27, it should stretch enough to sit low, but it really depends how slim of a fit you're looking for.

The waist should stretch to fit with either the 27 or 28, neither would be too big but the 28 would definitely be looser in the thighs

I'd go with the 27, it should stretch enough to sit low, but it really depends how slim of a fit you're looking for.

The waist should stretch to fit with either the 27 or 28, neither would be too big but the 28 would definitely be looser in the thighs

thanks for the input. now that you have mentioned it, i looked up contextclothing and the thigh measurements on the PS are so much wider than the NS...10.5 on the sz28! that's way too loose even before stretching...

wonder how they derive those measurements.

thanks for the input. now that you have mentioned it, i looked up contextclothing and the thigh measurements on the PS are so much wider than the NS...10.5 on the sz28! that's way too loose even before stretching...

wonder how they derive those measurements.

the measurements at context are well known to be pretty greasy, I wouldnt rely too much on them. The petit standard are a slimmer, more tapered, low rise version of the new standard so it wouldnt make any sense for their measurements to be larger

well the other measurements seem to tally with it being a slimmer fit...but that would mean a massive taper on the PS going from a 10.5 thigh to a 6.75 opening...thought it was a straight cut...

no the ps is definitely tapered, not as much as the new cure but its for sure not a straight leg

I really like how my NS fit in the waist and where they sit post stretch

Should I get the same size in PS (25) or size down further to a 24

I never had trouble buttoning up my NS but I dont want my PS to be completely loose in the top block like what happened to my size 26 NC

I want it to fit more like this by the end of it, not skin tight leggings but quite slim

139200dsc0482.jpg

264119dsc8240.jpg

2ujqdrn.jpg

2h73uhu.jpg

I really like how my NS fit in the waist and where they sit post stretch

Should I get the same size in PS (25) or size down further to a 24

I never had trouble buttoning up my NS but I dont want my PS to be completely loose in the top block like what happened to my size 26 NC

Do my PS fit like that (see previous page)

I got 25 in both PS and NS

^ I think you're wrong, NC is more tapered, but has a larger rise/top block area. The reason for the lack of selvedge is the slight flare at the leg opening, not the tapered cut.

The PS is more straight leg, but has a miniature rise. Context's sizing chart doesn't really reinforce the above, but I'm quite sure its true.

lolno dude.

The PS is definitely the tapered APC cut. NC is more of a skinny straight with its slightly larger leg opening but smaller thighs whereas PS has the lower rise with roomier thighs to a smaller leg opening.

This is correct!

NS is slightly tapered but gives a look of a more straight leg jean.

PS is the tapered version of the NS in the same size.

NC is also tapered but flares out at the leg opening so it appears substantially skinnier in thighs but less skinny from calves to leg opening.

I at one stage owned all three, NS 31, PS 31 and NC 32 (actual waist is 34.5" so I sized down 2 on all cutsas far as their measured waist was cncerned) and let me tell you from my sizing: NS and PS are almost identical except for the fact that the PS has a much lower rise and from knee down, appear very skinny in the same size. NC sized up one from my NS/PS sizing (NC waist runs a size smaller than the other 2) was way slimmer in thigh, butt and calves but leg opening makes it look less skinny than the PS.

In fact, I think the NC is cut is the worst cut known to man. High rise, tight butt, tight thighs, tight calves and a flare leg opening? WTF! Sounds like a woman's jean to me.