A.P.C.

jeepster

my new cures have a twisted leg seam, the whole right leg twists left and its driving me crazy.

I know this is pretty common in jeans, is there any way to fix it? i've tried ironing and stretching them but they're still the same. is this considered a defect?

I had wicked leg twist with my New Cures. Just gotta deal with it.

It's unusual with APC's, but as you say, it's a known phenomenon. No defect, I believe, and I hate to say it, but also nothing to be done about it. Only (not all that helpful, I do know) advice: try not to be driven crazy by it, ignore it, if you can't help it, keep adjusting it, but live with it.

On some of my oldest 501s, I sort of even like the twisted leg(s).

It's a known phenomenon with APCs? I didn't know that. Isn't it strange though that it's just one leg?

No, please do read my post (before commenting it...)! I said explicitly it's UNUSUAL (very!) wth APCs, but known for some OTHER jeans.

Does anybody know the laundering process that APC stores run on their butler series jeans? I brought my new cures in and found them on the rack about a week and a half later. They looked more faded than when I brought them in and looked tea dyed (very brown tint). I'd like to do that type of wash on my other jeans when the timings right.

Okay I have a dire question that I have literally seen many many different responses to.

After multiple washes/soaks does the inseam of APC jeans shrink or not?!

I have searched superfuture, styleforum, hypbeast, and other random forums to find that they can shrink anywhere from nothing to 3 inches...

Is there anyone out there who have personally washed/soaked their APC jeans multiple times and can help answer if the length of the jeans shrink at all and exactly how much?

ah ic.. I actually want my jeans to be 2 inches shorter than they are right now. I was going to hem, but maybe i should just let the washes shrink them for me?

I had mine hemmed before I washed. It did shrink, but its not that noticeable.

I say hem it like 1-1.5in.

I really need to contact these Butler guys! Can someone PM me an email address...or do they have a website? I want some really badly trashed APCs!

Does anybody know the laundering process that APC stores run on their butler series jeans? I brought my new cures in and found them on the rack about a week and a half later. They looked more faded than when I brought them in and looked tea dyed (very brown tint). I'd like to do that type of wash on my other jeans when the timings right.

I'm just going to bump this question because I was wondering how some people's washed out APCs have a brownish tint to them while others are more white in the fades. Is it just the lighting or people being extra dirty.

I really need to contact these Butler guys! Can someone PM me an email address...or do they have a website? I want some really badly trashed APCs!

just google apc nyc store. its in soho. i bought a pair. their nice. only problem for you is that you live in berlin. i think they ship, but their are no returns on butlers. so you will have to get lucky on size. I had to fly out their to get mine. gl

Thanks D'eVils.

I did find a number of entries on google. but no website for this store, only apc.fr and reports, reviews, magazine reports.

I (sadly) take it the shop does not have its own website? Or I am (would not be the first time) the web ingenue who just cannot find the right path by himself?

thanks to double dip day i finally had an excuse to pull out my apc denim jacket. i had been meaning to post pics of this thing for a while. as you can see by the tag it is pretty old and it has an interesting mesh lining throughout, presumably to keep the indigo from transferring to your shirt underneath. this has never been washed and the denim feels to me much nicer than what is found on the jeans the last few years. i don't see many of these posted so enjoy.

DSCF4584.jpg

DSCF4590.jpg

DSCF4589.jpg

DSCF4588.jpg

DSCF4587.jpg

DSCF4586.jpg

DSCF4585.jpg