Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rise on the 005s (at least in big sizes) really isn't that low at all.

I think on my 5000's its about 10ish in the front...but I wear a 29. I don't want anything lower than that!

btw - I went down one on my current 5000's, and went true-to-size on the USA model for a different fit....not that I'm recommending everyone do that, because I don't know how that's going to work out.

I think on my 5000's its about 10ish in the front...but I wear a 29. I don't want anything lower than that!

btw - I went down one on my current 5000's, and went true-to-size on the USA model for a different fit....not that I'm recommending everyone do that, because I don't know how that's going to work out.

Yeah, I've shed some weight so a 35 is either true to size or up one for my USA models. A cinch back being tight doesn't seem right to me.

I just ordered the USA model. Kinda nervous, I went with a 38 (versus a 36 for 510's). That's true to size for me, so hopefully these don't stretch too much. If not, I'll just have to rely on the buckleback and belt to keep them on.

And I guess if I end up having to wash them every two weeks to shrink the waist back, it might actually give me better fading than my 510's.

• 5 weeks later...
So I'm a 30 in imperials, if I want them to fit like my imps, should I get a 28???

there's no solid answer to your question because they're different fit. I'm guessing youre talkin about the dukes.. and they fit rather slim on you... i would say from experience that the imperials stretches out about an inch less than the samurais.. so a 29 would be good for you as far as waist... you can go 28 and get the slim look.. but you'll suffer on the waist

hi i am planning on buying s5000's but i have no idea what fit i should get. can someone show me models of someone buying true to size and sizing up/down?

i bought some apcs ns's 2 months ago and i sized down 2. i think theyre a bit too tight for me. if i wanted a fit a bit more baggy then them what should i get?

thanks in advance

hi i am planning on buying s5000's but i have no idea what fit i should get. can someone show me models of someone buying true to size and sizing up/down?

i bought some apcs ns's 2 months ago and i sized down 2. i think theyre a bit too tight for me. if i wanted a fit a bit more baggy then them what should i get?

thanks in advance

size down 1

be wise and just do it. it really doesn't matter, but its a habit. it's "supposed" to help retain more indigo that way. soak it warm/hot and hang dry. if you soak inside out, you will obviously have to flip it to wear.

i meant do iflip it during hang dry?

spudder, turn them inside out for the soak and whenever you wash them. It doesn't matter for the hang dry though. If you decide to machine dry (which I do with all of my denims) you must turn them inside out to avoid nasty creasing and fading on the outside that will break your heart. Good luck and enjoy your jeans.

Just got my pair of 5000BK from 2nd..the shipping process was really quick. The jeans are awesome nothing like any other pair i have. I sized down 2 to 28 after reading through this thread and it seems to me that i 've made the right decision. I was able to get all buttons up but for the first 20 mins, it was painful in the waist and crotch area. After walking around and sitting for 30 mins i was able to put my fingers in..I m glad these work out and i pretty much guarantee sizing down is the best option. Size down 1 for regular fit and 2 for slimmer fit.

nope i didn't soak them yet..i know it is the first thing u do..but i was skeptical on sizing down too much so i m trying to stretch them out first then do a cold soak..the jeans aren't as hard as you think..now i dun wanna soak them and keep wearing them lol

Soak them. Some of our venerable posters have said that with the vx denim, as long as you can button it raw, it will stretch well after soaking. It will suck at first though.

Seriously, if you don't soak them you'll set in weird creases in the wrong places!

. . . course, they're jeans, so, really, do whatthefuckeveryouwant.

spudder, turn them inside out for the soak and whenever you wash them. It doesn't matter for the hang dry though. If you decide to machine dry (which I do with all of my denims) you must turn them inside out to avoid nasty creasing and fading on the outside that will break your heart. Good luck and enjoy your jeans.

ThAnks lot man