Samurai S5000 owners

i actually think a 30 would be better. keep in mind that these stretch rather easily. im a 32 waist too and i wish i would have gone for a 30. i imagine you'd be fine with a 31 as well, but the 30 will probably be better.

Guess it depends on what kind of fit you want. My 30 pair was SO tight in the crotch I couldn't move my legs out all the way. The 31 pair is still slim in the thigh and fits the same at the waist (stretched to about 32 but keeping it tight with a belt), and I have more room at the crotch.

But yea, a lot of people recommend sizing down 2. It was just too much for me

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it depends on what kind of fit you want. My 30 pair was SO tight in the crotch I couldn't move my legs out all the way. The 31 pair is still slim in the thigh and fits the same at the waist (stretched to about 32 but keeping it tight with a belt), and I have more room at the crotch.

But yea, a lot of people recommend sizing down 2. It was just too much for me

i dont usually like sizing down but i think i'll go with a 30 and then take it from there.. cheers for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

I just hot soaked my S5000vx...

Pre Soak

Tagged waist: 30

Actual Waist: 32

Inseam: 38

Thighs: 12

Leg Opening: 8.5

Post Soak

Waist: 30

Inseam: 35.5

Thighs: 11

I'm so confused as to why the hem didn't shrink at all and I need it too, I feel like I have too much extra fabric at the bottom...will a hot wash solve this?

I just hot soaked my S5000vx...

Pre Soak

Tagged waist: 30

Actual Waist: 32

Inseam: 38

Thighs: 12

Post Soak

Waist: 30

Inseam: 35.5

Thighs: 11

I'm so confused as to why the hem didn't shrink at all and I need it too, I feel like I have too much extra fabric at the bottom...will a hot wash solve this?

A hot wash will help, yes....a hot dry will help even more...but keep in mind other dimenions may change as well.

thanks for the comments guys. The real question beckons, since the s5000bk's are almost a year old, what happened to everyone else's s5000? I was probably the last out of the orginal batch of people to buy them. Let's see some more s5000!!

I'll post a picture of mine later, but they're nowhere near as far along as yours. I haven't washed mine yet (three or four soaks to shrink though) and it's been 10 months or so. Love these jeans too.

If mine turn out like yours after another six months I'll be happy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So... I got my S5000BKs today, but I'm a bit confused. I'm a real 33 Waist and ordered the jeans in the same size as I was told they would at least shrink to tag size. And that's what basically most people in this thread said.

However as I tried on the jeans today, they already fit me perfectly - without even being soaked! I measured the waist and the measurement is 85cm, which is roughly 33.5 inches. Most people say, they shrink at least 1-2 sizes - and I definitely can't afford that.

What do you think - is there anything wrong with my pair? Can anyone confirm the un-soaked measurements on a W33 ??

I had the same concern, but besides what others are saying about stretching, the thing you have to realize is the denim is still very stiff and not broken-in. Once you wear them the denim will compress as they conform to your body. They'll be fine, a little tight for a day or two, but should fit good.

I had the same concern, but besides what others are saying about stretching, the thing you have to realize is the denim is still very stiff and not broken-in. Once you wear them the denim will compress as they conform to your body. They'll be fine, a little tight for a day or two, but should fit good.

Ok, cool - thanks!

How long should I soak them?