Samurai S5000 owners

I am going to order a pair of S5000BK and I'd just like to hear from those who already have a pair of the VX's how they fit. The model on Bears wears a S5000 2 sizes smaller than SD103, but according to measurements from Samurai the rise isn't that high at all, so I think I should only size down once.

So, for those who have a pair of jeans in this cut;

what other jeans do you have, and which size did you get them in?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered the S5000BK in size 30-----I'm normally a 29/30, though. I can deal with baggy better than soprano. A tip for ordering, once you click on the BK, scroll down, hit the button and enter ZEROKURO------I used google translate to punch in each field. TOSHIKO was a big help. The jeans will deliver on the first of August.

I will see y'all in SUPERMARKET, where i will be trying to sell off some hot gear to balance out this recent hit to my CC.

I just ordered the S5000BK in size 30-----I'm normally a 29/30, though. I can deal with baggy better than soprano. A tip for ordering, once you click on the BK, scroll down, hit the button and enter ZEROKURO------I used google translate to punch in each field. TOSHIKO was a big help. The jeans will deliver on the first of August.

I will see y'all in SUPERMARKET, where i will be trying to sell off some hot gear to balance out this recent hit to my CC.

yeah, I know about zerokuro, got the magazine! :)

I want to get a really snug fit but I don't want to get them a size to small, because then I will miss out :S

what size are your sugarcanes?

Oh yeah, I forgot-----they said they were coming in mid-July.

FOCK!!!

DDML, why don't you go to BIG and try on their S5000VXs to make sure you get the correct size for the BKs? (unless you've done this already)

BTW, one of the owners asked me if I knew a guy named denimdestroyedmylife from the forums, i said, "yeah, that's my buddy!"

Isn't trying on an unsanforized denim sort of moot? /QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree with you. I went into BIG to try on the SO500xx yesterday. I know my Samurai size, esp since I have the 110XJs which are very similar, but trying them on didn't help me at all.

I think the best way to size unsanforized denim is to compare to the washed sizing to jeans that you already own.

Isn't trying on an unsanforized denim sort of moot?

EDIT: I just added you to my BUDDY LIST----I guess that means we have "privileges"?!!!

hmmm. i guess you got a point there. these denim stores should have a washed pair in each size just for trying on.

so, i'm on your buddy list, huh? great, what kind of privileges do i get???

Isn't trying on an unsanforized denim sort of moot?

Yeah, I have to agree with you. I went into BIG to try on the SO500xx yesterday. I know my Samurai size, esp since I have the 110XJs which are very similar, but trying them on didn't help me at all.

I think the best way to size unsanforized denim is to compare to the washed sizing to jeans that you already own.

Buying 2 sizes bigger than what fits well in the store should work, since they are generally sized 2" bigger unwashed.

I've been thinking about this actually, how does BIG do when they sell raw & unsanforized, do they tell every customer about the shrinkage or do they let people figure it out themselves?

Have been thinking about how I would do it, notes explaining how to size your jeans and having the cashier tell everyone who buys a pair of jeans, if I opened my own store.

They have a fitting room there-----but then, they DO have their shair of prewashed.

Back in the day, before prewashed jeans were sold, they would have washed jeans for fitting purposes. That is precisely what I would do, if I had a store.

yeah, but do you know how expensive that would be? just for jeans that you can't even sell? on cheap levi's it's not a problem. but for $200-500 jeans? for every size?

maybe, the manufacturers could make a pair out of heavyweight muslin in each size without any of the details. that way, it would be cheap but would also give a good idea about size....

and yes, the guys at BIG are very helpful about telling the customers about the jeans...

Here is some other tips with the form (it is a bit of a bear) for those of you not near BIG:

Use google translate to translate each box-----when you are done, there will be a confirmation button, if you don't get the confirm button, you did something wrong.

here's a cheat sheet: starting from below the two "Email" boxes:

postal code

address

telephone

size

something that doesn't matter (some kind of payment options)

card type

card number

exp date

comments box

^ John. I've only tried on the SO500xx at BIG. The jeans had alot of texture and almost white stripes due to the unbeached weft of the jean poking through the weave. The denim weight reminded me on a coarse version of the VX fabric and didn't feel like 15 oz. Since they were unwashed, I couldn't really tell how they would fit but I guess I could have sized two sizes down for a better idea. The rise looked great. I pre-ordered these things in April, so I can't support BIG just yet (maybe the 5k bks). I'll post a thread on the jean when they arrive tomorrow or Thursday. If some else already has them, feel free to start a thread.

BTW - Is anyone from this board boasting on Samurai in English from 08/05/06?

Here is some other tips with the form (it is a bit of a bear) for those of you not near BIG:

Use google translate to translate each box-----when you are done, there will be a confirmation button, if you don't get the confirm button, you did something wrong.

here's a cheat sheet: starting from below the two "Email" boxes:

postal code

address

telephone

size

something that doesn't matter (some kind of payment options)

card type

card number

exp date

comments box

wait, which site are you ordering this from? im so confused...

also considering the 5000BK since I don't have a black pair of jeans. Are these limited as well? I heard that all sammies are limited. If so, it seems like they're just trying to stifle production to create a demand from people that make them feel that every pair of samurais are special.

I don't like this. I have the same conclusion with Panerai watches. Every model is limited production but they still keep coming up with newer models with minimal variations.

Nevetheless, Samurais are special in its own way. They're marketing strategy don't feel right.