Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
i had a 6 month head start on you....

Haha, they look great though.

Mine aren't getting as much wear as they should though, however. I believe when I first got them I wore them straight for about 40 days or so...then I picked up some new jeans and have been wearing those since the 5000s stretched out like crazy. The hot soak/dry did the trick though, but now it's just getting too hot.

anybody seen any s5000vx's around with the tabs and accurates in place?

Ive seen some around rakuten but am skeptical, last time i purchased sugarcanes wayy back the pics showed both tabs and accurates but when i received them they only came with the tabs...and this was very shortly after word got out that sugarcane decided to remove the accurates..

Hey guys. I'm going to buy a pair of 5000bk and need some serious help with the sizing since I'm gonna mailorder them.

My waistsize is about 86 cm and I wear 31x34 in my edwin rainbow selvedges.

Should I shoot for a 34 when ordering or what do you recommend.

depends on how you want it to fit. if you want a regular fit, size down 1, slim fit size down 2.

hey ill let you know ive yet to use them on my s710's ill be needing another 2 months before i use them but ill try it on some old jeans first and check the smell..

i want a pair of BK's. where can i find a a pair. i dont want to look through 43 pages.....

you could search...

Check one of the umpteen rakuten stores...

or message Parachutes (I believe his buying service is up and running again)

(there's a thread on which sites do international shipping, as well as 'options for buying Japanese denim')

I'm looking at buying some samurais, can anyone confirm/deny that Bears sams are one-wash? I've read the whole page and saw some discussion of it, but nothing definite. I like the idea of one-wash as I don't really have the time/equipment to soak my own (small, small apartment), but I don't want to order true to size only to find that they'll shrink to the point of unwearability for me.

Hmmm... you raise an excellent point, for some reason I was envisioning soaking them in a bathtub that I currently lack. If it's not too much to ask, then, could I get some feedback on how to size them if I usually wear my jeans 3.5" below my navel, which for me is just about 33.5". Also, I apparently have a large enough frame for my size (5'7", 168 or so) that sizing down even one in New Standards gives me ye olde moose knuckle when I sit down. I've never bought a pair of STF jeans before, hence my slight nervousness.

Guest winq

/\___/\

//    ヽ::: \

| (●), 、(●)、 |

| ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,, |    

|   ,;‐=‐ヽ :::::|    

\  `ニニ´.:::/

/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\

.n:n    nn

nf|||   | | |^!n

'Slim' without being slim, but the major problem with the S5000 cut is the hip flare it develops as they wear.

They are a nice straight leg jean but the hip-flare is annoying and not something I read about before buying them. It's only noticable from directly front-on when just stading straight but it looks a little odd. I looked back through WAYWT at S5000 posts and you can see people are hiding it with their hands on hips or in back pockets or posing at an angle.

• 2 weeks later...