Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
10808200.jpg

these are all among the best pictures of denim i've ever seen...

i meant to quote the one of the tab & rivet but i've already gone too far, no going back now.

in fact, do you still have a higher resolution copy of that image? that's just a great picture.

if i wear a 28 in most denim. what size should i go for the s5000vx 21oz?

i heard its a lot slimmer than the 17oz. version.

yeah either theyre slimmer or dont stretch nearly as much, had to sell mine. so either way, id get a 28 or 27, not a 26.

while were mentioning oni, they wont exist much longer for an indefinite period of time. the guy who does them doesnt want to anymore/cant

• 4 months later...

recently acquired from Take 5 in HK..

Samurai S5000VX 17oz, Take 5 8th anniversary X Samurai Limited edition.. not going to start on these yet, just started on a pair of sugar canes

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

limited edition Red Silver stitching

web.jpg

Double Red Tag, Limited Edition Samurai upside down A tag

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Guest patchmb

^Too much goin on with those jeans for my tastes but at least you didn't start another fuckin thread for these jeans like you did for those sugar canes. Which , by the way was completely unnecessary .

• 3 months later...

Hi Pauken, FWIW I wear a 32 in the 5000 and it fits perfectly. A 33 will stretch out too much for you. My 32's are right at 34now. BTW thanks sooooo

much for selling the 1293's. I literally will not be buying jeans for several years now since I got these. Mike

• 7 months later...

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a pair of S5000vx in tagged 29s. If I want to get the shrinkage out of the way before I start wearing them, I read that I should do a hot soak for four hours and then toss them in the dryer. Will this cause significant indigo loss? And I thought you were not supposed to use a dryer for jeans because it ruins them?

Hey Guys,

I just ordered a pair of S5000vx in tagged 29s. If I want to get the shrinkage out of the way before I start wearing them, I read that I should do a hot soak for four hours and then toss them in the dryer. Will this cause significant indigo loss? And I thought you were not supposed to use a dryer for jeans because it ruins them?

Dryers are very abrasive, but on the cotton thread only. You lose the indigo in the wash. Do the hot soak for sure, but skip the dryer and let them hang dry.

Good choice on the S5000s tho. Great jeans.

hot wash take out before cpin cycle, 4 hours is too long for a soak anyway. dryer or no dryer whatever your preference, but the wash is better than just a soak

if they dont fit let me know thats my size

this is good advice.

you definitely wont get all the shrink out with a hot soak.

with a hot wash you can skip the dryer, which is a good thing.

does it really need 8 - 10 hours? seems a bit extreme

just put them in the washing machine on 60 and they are done in a hour, hang dry for a couple of hour's, wear damp.

works every time

yes, it would be extreme if you check up on it every 10mins, like what most people will probably do....

but do it just before bed, then when you wake up, they are done...