What raw jeans for hot weather?

lsinner

LOL ! Yeah Thailand is extremely hot. Way hotter than Vietnam in the summer. I might just keep these and get those "extreme fades". Haha will probably get a beautifully worn in wear in 1 summer. But then I'm not looking forward towards that sauna in my leg though

one factor we haven't mentioned is the color. a pair with lighter color would suit the hot weather also better. so maybe don't buy a new dark pair of jeans but wear again a looser fitting, loose weave, leight weight jeans that is already worn in and lighter in color. that would be the best summer jeans (IMO)

Guest rusholmeruffian
Benidorm or Torremolinos senor? :)

My villa in Nerja you cheeky chap.

Mind you, good memories of Benidorm. sticky vicky .. broke my heart, and my swiss army knife.

^ Rush-muffin!

I neglect to mention my two summer jeans have been the Edwin VC506 and the Enishi Yoshi for the past couple of years.

This year it was the RoyxCone jeans, and was surprisingly comfortable!

Sugar Cane 1947 Type-II. Twelve ounce denim.
sugarcane 1947 type-II's are really very good to walk about in. really light.

Agreed with the above. Philadelphia summers (~ +95F and 70% humidity) are brutal and my Sugarcane 1947 type II are the only denim I could tolerate in that heat last summer. They're a good, slim cut too. One of SE's best sellers out in CA.

Also check out SDA's new 12.5oz D1515 lightweight slim cut. I just picked up a pair to see how they do this summer...

It's just a matter of getting used to the heat. I don't wear shorts or flip-flops, so it's jeans all summer in Atlanta. When you're sitting in the sun color has much more to do with it than anything. I think hot humid weather = sick fades.

I gotta agree that weight is not necessarily an issue. My 19 oz 710s were much more uncomfortable than my 21 oz 634s in the summer. The Iron Hearts are just a much more breathable denim.

Edit: i actually haven't worn the iron hearts during a summer, but I'm very confident it would be much more comfortable than my sams.

• 11 months later...

I never thought I'd notice much of a difference between just a few ounces, but you definitely will. I can wear my jean shops all day everyday, but I sweat my ass off in my RRLs down here in the miami heat.. check out some jean shops.

^Rogue Territory RK 6oz, I have a pair, really nice laidback pants.

Only at The Class Room shop

Thank you so much for posting this link, I have been looking everywhere for those jeans!

There's the thin crappy denim on the LVCs that everyone correctly criticizes. The Onis have nice 14oz denim but their super slubbiness makes it feel like you're wearing wool. This summer I will be putting down my Samurai 17oz and 24oz pairs and devoting it entirely to "finishing" my Eternals 811 and putting more work into my Suminando Sorahikos.

so loose weave = cooler because the air passes through

and tight weave = hotter because the air is trapped?

or

loose weave = hotter because of all the hot air hitting your legs

tight weave = cooler because it blocks heat from getting close to you

how does one know how tight the weave is in their denim?

i live in arizona 110-115 degrees in the summer on average. i do a lot of biking. i have a pair of n & f indigo stretches for that. i don't wear them everyday or anything but it just helps when i need a break. i think the excess heat/extra sweat helps break down the denim though so if you can bare it, you might get some great worn in denim with a heavier weight.