Pure Blue Japan

midnight

yeah i was researching and someone said, the 6 months w/o washing was for nudies and other euro denim because it takes longer to fade than japanese denim.

I don't think that's correct. I think you should wait longer before washing APCs and Nudies because they lose indigo easier, as well as fade easier.

I don't think that's correct. I think you should wait longer before washing APCs and Nudies because they lose indigo easier, as well as fade easier.

I believe, though I'm not certain, that the actual reason Kiya mentioned was the lower-quality dyes used by Nudie et al bleed much easier, meaning when they go in the wash they bleed all across the jean, meaning fades don't show up as well et cetera.

To speak to all of this wait till you wash business (and yes, Ryu did make this big here), I decided to go with a wash/soak every month on my PBJs that I'm very pleased with...it's such a subjective process, I'd say I'm prone to more early experimenting

(this is a repost from a few pages back, it won't let me quote) here are the pics of monthly washes, three months in

picture405ny5.jpg

picture408rb5.jpg

picture407vn4.jpg

picture410ak8.jpg

picture412ug5.jpg

picture413sl9.jpg

Florian: 3 months in? How in the world do you have so much fading?

These were stupidly small, were being the operative word

max when did you start wearing them ?

Since October 24th. I haven't exactly been wearing them constantly though, so take a month and a half or so off. Right now, I'm wearing them hard for two weeks.

Soaked once before and everything stiffened up.

I figure I'll take a shower while wearing them eventually to shrink them down a bit in the near future. My favorite kind of soak.